Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Accurately measuring mescaline

FrenchFryed

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2011
Is there a way to accurately measure mescaline when extracting from san pedro cacti? By accurately I dont mean using complex stuff but to give me an idea of roughly how much I'm taking in.

I've searched around and found these;
-In Theory, according to DeKorne: 100g dried= 300mg Mescaline (3%)
-Other sources Hoffman, Schultes: 2% mescaline dry and .12% mescaline fresh.
-Another source: Approximately 1200mg of mescaline per kilo / 550 mg per pound fresh.
-Another source: Use a leg 12 X 3 inches for a strong psychedelic experience.

I've also found this:
Dried San Pedro has 2-3mg of Mescaline per gram, and research shows that the dry weight is 25% of the fresh weight (75% water). Remember that potencey can vary greatly. Remember to test the potency if you are unsure.

tl;dr: how does one go about on measuring the amount of mescaline after extracting from san pedro cacti?

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Well depending on how accurately you want to measure it you should obvious buy a digital scale.

I wouldn't eyeball it but it probably is possible if you weight it before and you more a less know the amount. (although I always Eyeball my nn-dmt, which dose range is more like 50-80mg, it just works because I always get where I want by just hold in 1 big hit).

For mescaline I think a scale that reads 0,01g is enough (I myself only have scale that reads 0,05g). Also on ebay you find cheap scales that even read 0,001g, but none of which I mentioned isn't really accurate, also the drift and don't have long lives. When measure mg's the slightest imbalance or wind gives a bias.

If you have money buy:

gempro250 or an
Acculab VIC-1
TANITA-1210

These are accurate and also qualify for drugs with even smaller doses.

A lot of reviews and discussion can be found here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=348436

Of course if you are handy you can also try Archimedes bath(tub)/Eureka! method

al-k-mist

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Août 2011
If extracting the mescaline from powder or fresh material, the following would work: But will only work if attaining crystals, not tarry residue.

Keeping notes, first weigh the cacti pieces.
Next, perform whatever extraction tek you decide, paying special attention to all defatting and washing.
Recrystallize at least once, attempting to obtain relatively pure alkaloids.
Weigh your crystalline mass. research the exact ratios of alkaloids for the specific species you are working with.( Peruvianus contains only mescaline, while pachanoi has more alkaloids, and bridgesii the most. But with pachanoi and bridgesii, mescaline is 50% of the alkaloid profile

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
FrenchFryed a dit:
Dried San Pedro has 2-3mg of Mescaline per gram, and research shows that the dry weight is 25% of the fresh weight (75% water).
Which research ?

Research by Poisson (1960) showed 93,5 % water by weight, and 95% water by other researchers.
Both in the San Pedro Cactus (Trichocereus pachanoi = Echinopsis pachanoi).

al-k-mist

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Août 2011
Yes, i have heard from those who have weighed before and after, that the dried powder made from cactus flesh NEVER weighs more than 10% of fresh weight. Although i have never kept accurate records in a science experiment, i feel that 4-5mg mescaline from each gram of powder may bee a bit more realistic. This is just from what i've heard

jhti999

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Avr 2013
Measuring of the mescaline is very tough job but i suggest to you the digital scale is the best choice for measuring.My friend tell to me that scale is the best option..If any one want to this scale..Send me pm...

JamzRex

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Jan 2014
Jahvisions a dit:
Well depending on how accurately you want to measure it you should obvious buy a digital scale.

I wouldn't eyeball it but it probably is possible if you weight it before and you more a less know the amount. (although I always Eyeball my nn-dmt, which dose range is more like 50-80mg, it just works because I always get where I want by just hold in 1 big hit).

For mescaline I think a scale that reads 0,01g is enough (I myself only have scale that reads 0,05g). Also on ebay you find cheap scales that even read 0,001g, but none of which I mentioned isn't really accurate, also the drift and don't have long lives. When measure mg's the slightest imbalance or wind gives a bias.

If you have money buy:

gempro250 or an
Acculab VIC-1
TANITA-1210

These are accurate and also qualify for drugs with even smaller doses.

A lot of reviews and discussion can be found here: The Big & Dandy Scale & Balance Thread (New incarnation!)

Here you have mentioned many important things about accurate measuring and one more thin that i would like to add is that when we are going to have a scale , no matter it is digital scale or of any other kind we must assure that it has a complete accuracy. Sometimes there are error in their reading or measuring system and we think that we are making some mistake but the reason is hidden which we could not relies at the spot which may mislead us..!