Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

1st-time experience with salvia last nite..crazy, intense...

ssdematt

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Déc 2009
Peace be upon all of you,

I am new to this forum, I just wanted to say peace and hello to everyone here. I have been reading lots of posts on here, have learned a lot....

...anyhow, I just thought I'd share what happened to me last night, I like reading others' trip reports as well, always good to share & give....

I prepared my bedroom by putting the mattress on the floor, and lighting five candles for low-level illumination, and switched off the TV set. I put about a fairly decent sized pinch of 30x in a good bowl, filling only a little space at the bottom. Packed it in and fired it up, and the whole dose was burned & inhaled in one hit. I held it in as long as I could - maybe 30 seconds, maybe a little more, but when I exhaled time had disappeared and I was in some kind of "eternal now". My physical body was no longer there in the sense of the illusion; I attempted to get up and go lay down in bed, then realized I couldn't move, and that I was already in bed. I reached out for my pack of cigarettes; I could not pick them up or hold them; looking at my hand, it was no longer just a hand; it was bits and segments of energy, little bits of light swirling around. I tried to get my cigs; my hand went right through them; they were vibrating with the same energy I was made out of. I felt like I was dissolving into the bed, and the floor.

Repressed thoughts in my mind suddenly came to the forefront; thoughts I did not ever want to think about. My embarrassing (to me) sexual fantasies and other repressed things begin to be experienced not just as fantasies; I was seeing the people and situations I had fantasized about (but refused to truly feel and experience) as if I was there with them; I was living their lives.

Fear began to set in - big time. As my repressed sexuality and shame was brought to the forefront, I began to scream at my manifesting "darkness". I was screaming, "No, no, no!! Get the fuck back!! Get the fuck away from me!! Don't make me think about these things!!" I was swinging my arms around wildly, trying to move away, ANYTHING to get away from things that were in my mind, but that I was too timid to deal with. Ms. Salvia was forcing me to deal with my sexual issues, among other things.

A vision appeared in front of me (or maybe it was in my mind, who knows for sure?) of a cellblock and hallway in some prison or jail. The vibes of people in jails and prisons starting flowing into me whenever I looked at that jail hallway in front of me. I saw the lives of everyday, ordinary people who did "bad" things, who screwed up, who were incarcerated. I felt a stark, shockingly intense terror of losing my current life experience, and ending up in jail. I was in fear for my cat family, who I love dearly, and realized that they depend on me, and that I must not do things that could put them in any jeopardy. I looked for my cats, but could not see them. Everything was buzzing and vibrating with some primordial energy, but I got no joy from seeing this; I was too busy tripping-out and panicking about losing everything. It felt like hours, years, had gone by since I smoked the bowl.

I started to regret smoking the salvia. Somehow, I felt defeated, vanquished. I felt like a chump who could not handle it properly. I saw a scene play out in my mind; it was the 1960's (before I was "born" in this life, at least), a group of people were on a beach somewhere, sitting around the bonfire, on an acid trip. I saw myself there, I was in another physical body, but I knew it was still "me". I was having a bad trip, freaking out, screaming, with a bunch of people around me trying to calm me. I was having none of it, I just kept on freaking out.

I snapped back to the present moment. I felt like I had done this (salvia, acid,etc) many times before, but none of it had actually transpired in my present life now. I felt like talking to someone, but I doubted many others could understand.

I felt the effect lessening somewhat. I managed to look up at my alarm clock; only 15 minutes had passed, but it felt like a whole lifetime. I managed to get myself up and walk around some. I apologized to my cats for my unusual behavior.

Then thoughts, wisdom started pouring into my mind from somewhere else. I was pacing around the living room, talking to myself, but phrasing the words as if I was addressing an audience, or writing a book. I could clearly see what the problem was. It was not the fault of the drug; it was my fault for refusing to love myself completely. And how can I help and love everyday, ordinary people, teach them to love themselves, if I cannot do it on my own? Something told me, you teach yourself things by teaching others. I had heard this before....but I never understood it as well as I did then. I saw something like a vision: I saw myself teaching friends, teaching strangers, about self-love and accepting yourself no matter what, and various other spiritual truths. Then I saw the experience of the teaching being reflected back to me- no person needed to teach me: I had literally taught myself these things: I and the "others" were actually one and the same. When I had told my friends about these things, I had actually been teaching aspects of myself, not other, separate people.

I called my best friend (who has used salvia before) and explained what I was going through, and what had happened. It seemed to help me, speaking to a friend.

I realized that there was just no way I could truly rep everyday people in this world without loving myself in fullness: if I can't accept my own "darkness" and love it for what it is, how the hell can I help "others"?? If I and them are one and the same, by failing to love myself properly, I have failed the whole world. If I could just figure out a way to get past the ego, get past the worldly roadblocks in my psyche, I could send love to the whole world, the whole Universe: and experience it as well.

I finally had come down most all the way; all that was left was a tingling in my body, and thoughts rushing through my mind. I kept chain-smoking to reassure myself. The total "time" that had gone by was 35 minutes.

Looking back, I realize that I should have had someone else there with me when I did this. And I think I could have had a lot better set and setting: my apartment building is 65 years old, and the vibes here are very heavy, multi-layered, and often negative-feeling. I realize now that I actually learned a hell of a lot. I did receive a very intense lesson from Ms. Salvia (it did feel as if there was a female-type vibe to the experience). As a gay man, I repressed my sexual feelings intensely as a child. I remember being 6 years old, and realizing that I was "gay" and that the world didn't look at that as a good thing. And ever since then, I think that somehow I had continued repressing my true sexual feelings while fleetingly fantasizing about them at the same time. I was never in the "closet", though. I seem to be open about my gayness- but repressed at the same "time". And when I smoked the salvia, the conflicts between the feelings and thoughts became manifest; became an experience, not just a thought. I wanted to love myself; except that when I saw myself as a gay person, I hated myself for it! I think that if I could somehow accept and love my sexuality, I could blaze past my ego blocks and reach a positive experience.

Again, thanks for reading, I hope my experience can help others!!

Peace,
Matt

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I can tell by your post this was a relief to write - I'm glad you have finally, or atleast confronted these again... Sounds to me like you got a wiff of your own natural DMT too - which is released I'm sure in times of extremeity.

I often talk to myself when I feel an excess of chemistry in my mind - it not only helps verbal communication, expressing exactly what you are feeling, but uses whats in your mind that would be stagnant otherwise.

A cat family though? :lol:

I love cats - sometimes I consider sammy my best buddy - he always loves me!

ssdematt

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Déc 2009
Thanx for the reply, J.C!! Yeah, I've got 11 cats - the newest one just moved in 2 weeks ago, the 2 oldest have been with me for almost 7 years. They are just like my family - they are extremely psychic & telepathic, some of them signal minutes ahead of time when someone is going to knock on my door...they stand in front of the door and look up at it...happens all the time...always within a few minutes someone knocks, whenever they signal like that...they also know when I am reaching new realms in meditations- one time every cat to a man stood directly in front of me while I was meditating, speaking the wisdoms that appeared in my mind out loud...they were staring at me in my eyes, and I felt their telepathic communication....it was a trip, let me tell you...they were listening to me, telling me I was on the right track...yeah I know it sounds crazy, but I think most of us who have experimented with psychedelics might know what I am talking about...it's possible to communicate with anything if you really desire to, you know??

I'm feeling really good the past few days since that experience I wrote about. I gained a hell of a lot of wisdom from it....

...but I still don't know how to love myself...and accept myself for all...I know all this knowledge, wisdom, etc...but I can't even love myself?? Crazy isn't it??

...maybe one day soon I will have a breakthrough...I am planning on doing sally again soon....it is snowing big-time here in Virginia right now...and the vibes are really really good...might be the ideal time tonight or tomorrow...we'll see I guess...

In peace, love & harmony,

Matt

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Yeah, when I used to get high I thought I could read my cats minds, and in a way I could, but it wasn't telepathic, I was just reading their body language, 10 years with an animal that you basically love allows for that to happen, but I have never experienced telepathic abilities in general.

You seem pretty aware that you don't love yourself, this is odd.

It seems like you have inner sexual issues, but I want you to ask yourself, does this irritate (for lack of a better word) you because of OTHER's thoughts upon you? Do you not like being of the majority's sexuality type (the outcast)?

Or is it because something is counter intuitive? I often find that deep dislikes about myself are because I say one thing, do another - I think one way, act another...

Try to analyze when these feelings come about friend. Have you ever had a partner?

ssdematt

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Déc 2009
JC,

No, others' opinions don't bother me at all. Surprisingly, the people I know are very, very accepting of me for my sexuality...and most of them are straight...!!!

...no, it is me that bothers me...me that is judgmental of me...me that is critical of my thoughts....I think part of the reason I work so hard to benefit others with my abilities is that somehow I want to make up for these base sexual thoughts and desires....in a way I think that sex and spirituality do not mix (although they actually do), I just cannot accept people thinking of me as having sexual desires toward others....it's like I want to be absolutely pure, I want to love EVERYONE at the same time, in a non-sexual way, without desire, without judgment...and I do not want the question of if I care about someone just because I am attracted to them to ever come up....

...as far as me ever having a partner, no I haven't...I have slept around a lot though, a whole lot...but not in a long time, it's been almost 4 years since I've slept with anybody...and this is by choice...but the funny thing is, I would like a "partner" so to speak, but as extraordinarily picky as I am...the only way to manifest exactly want I desire is creating the person and situation I truly desire through visualization, knowingness, and letting the Universe do its work to physically manifest my desires....I know this process works, it has worked for me over and over and over again for other things; the reason I have not manifested a partner is because of my ambivalence....some days I think I would like to have someone...and other days I work on shutting down my sexual desires for good....see...like you wrote...I am constantly broadcasting out two totally opposite requests of the Universe, so all I'm going to get back is the physical and spiritual manifestations and experiences of confusion, indecision, and ambivalence....

...you see how spiritually aware I am about things....I basically know what I am doing, but sometimes I have no idea why I think and do the things I do.....

...I think I can see why Buddha was so insistent on monks & nuns being celibate...because part of the process of spiritual mastery is being able to love all without wavering, without looking at any one thing as more special than another...I think he said something about you must learn to look at a king, a beautiful woman, and an ugly woman with equinamity, love all of them for their true Selves, not for their status or appearance of their physical bodies.....and this is what I'm trying to accomplish, loving all equally....

....but how can I love all equally when I am part of the All, and I can barely love myself? I am making strides toward accepting myself better....it is actually so easy to do, all I have to do is surrender - but it's like I cannot bring myself to do that....but I will....soon...I think I am on the verge of getting past this stupid roadblock.....

Peace,

Matt

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I think what you're looking for is under your nose... you'll find it soon enough.

nuno

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Mar 2010
SS,

great experience. Thank you for sharing.

It sounds like your having a conflict OP, between the idea of self imposed by society and that of nature. Society has told you since an early age to not love yourself, that your wicked and wrong. So you hide those aspects of yourself which you find least appealing/normal as seen through the eyes of our mundane society, you are your own judge, juror and prosecutor (so are we all). nature is letting you know that your fine and that you should embrance all that is you .

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
havnt been on for a while but I'm glad I came back to read your post, it could have been like you were talking to me about getting past egos.

Another thread I read wrote about being in a woken dream, these posts now make more sense to me. We are all learning all the time, some of the lessons I dodnt understand, and until I did, well, until now, I dont think I could have gone any further with salvia.

Its been months since I last tried it because the world I saw I didnt like, but it was just showing me I wansnt ready for more, I knew that at the time but I wouldnt accept it, it scared me, I thought I was stronger than that.

When the time is right it will call me and I will ask her again, will you show me?

T

Tetrahedron

Invité
Hi Matt

I am new to these forums, but your posts made me decide to make an account just to say thanks to you for posting this.

I myself had different but similar experiences with lady Ayahuasca myself. Especially the first times were primarily about me coming to grips with who I am and loving myself regardless of what other people think.

You might think that you are not subjected to the constraints of societal pressure, but in my experience this very rarely is the case. Propaganda starts at a very young age and non of us can truly put this aside without fully recognizing and accepting this.

Salvia for me was a completely bizarre experience, one that I have done only on one occasion (3 times with 2 of those very mild and the last timeless, egoless). I didn't feel I took any lesson from ms. Salvia, but reading reports like this one makes me question this nature of the experience and makes me contemplate another round soon.

Thanks for your post, Love and Peace to all!