Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

methadone mixes?

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
I wrenched my back, and the only thing i found to ease my pain is methadone. I'm told its for pain, but all i can find is therapeutic heroine treatment. I have 2 50mg pills. If I take one what should i expect?

also, is methadone mixed with cocaine, salvia, and weed ok? I will be off the coke by the time i take the pill, but i have also smoked some bud and some salvia earlier, and will prolly smoke more bud near when i take the pill. Is this not reccommended?

I wouldn't normally take a pill like this, but im in utter torment with my back.

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
methadone is addictive, i don't know about combo's but i guess it's a bad idea.

an old friend of mine died recently because of his methadone addiction (not directly from the methadone, but it's a long story, involving being kicked out of rehab, a truck and a highway.)

look for other painkillers. i'd rather smoke opium than take methadone.

twicon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Mai 2007
ive tried both heroin(not cool) and methadon , i can understand the addictiviness of the first.
i think methadone is more used for a general ''anxiety relief=>opiate cravings relief'' ,i will never understand how someone can be addicted to methadone(without past heroin,painkillers addiction), it doesnt give you a ''high'' if so, extremely mild.
on my ''potency scale'' its somewhere around blue lotus extracts :lol:

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i didn't know that, everyone i know who takes methadone has a heroin past

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Methadone I have found is potentially a very dangerous drug, use only as prescribed. I would NOT suggest using this with ANY other drugs ESPECIALLY cocaine.
I would see no reason why marijuana would have any negative interactions with it though, and as far as Salvia I wouldn't suggest doing such a powerful drug with another powerful drug (methadone).
I, know of someone that has died from Methadone overdose than did Heroin, and I have seen someone almost die from just a methadone o.d. Like I said, only take as prescribed especially until you have a feel for it, and don't mix it with especially any "speedy" drugs like X, or Coke.

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
I've yet to take the pills and now it seems as if there is no need, because i saw a massage therapist instead and heavy cannabis use with a lot of advil kept the pain down.

I still have two 50mg methadone pills, but i really cannot find any reason to use them. Is there some sort of high at all involved with the pills, or would it just be a waste of time to take them? I have no prior opiate addiction or even experience really, so I am not worried about developing addicition, expecially since the amount of non OTC pills i have taken in my lifetime does not exceed 10.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Can never hurt, pop one and see what happens :p

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
I think me and my friend might each take one either today or later tonight

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Methadone is how to say? Base drug. Doesn't effect on any drug dramastically. Can lower agitation on acid,shrooms,mescal. I have mix it with all of them and even friendlier feel come out.
And to become addicted you will need to use methadone much more than 2-3 months! Some first addiction symptoms will come out but those WD isn't even one fifth of true 1 year addiction!

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
It strongly decreases the boost of the onset high when heroin is IVéd.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Yes this is true, heroin is decreased in power but no matter if you shot it, snort it or if you use it in rectal way. Eating destroyes diacetyl group in heroin molecule and only morphine is absorbed by this way.

But in this post we discussed interactions between psychedelics and methadone. I believe that this was theme. Methadone is used in WD suppression cause it have ability to lower drug lust, rise opiate tolerance level, effects last between 15-30hours, and also methadone have cumulative effects-meaning that using it for minimum 7 days starts to take straight-line time plasma concentration.

mind.wide.open

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Nov 2007
Ok, I wanted to make sure I got in my 2 cents, as I feel I have some completely different news, very important, to give you. As follows:

1. Methadone is dispensed in 5, 10 and 40 mg pills in the U.S. You don't have 50 mg methadones. PLEASE always check your pill with a pill identifier (drugs.com, or similar) before EVER taking a pill you have bought, regardless of your trust in the person that gave it to you. It's too easy to, plain and simple.

2. Methadone is very unlike other opiates. If you have never taken it DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN 10 MGS, DO NOT. Even if you have a tolerance to other opiates (e.g. hydrocodone, oxycodone, propoxyphene, codeine, morphine) if you have never taken dolophine/methadone, there seems to be little correlation between your first use of it and your tolerance to other opiates. The drug heavily depresses respiration and you need to be very careful. Even taking 10 mgs and taking a booster dose of say 2.5 could put you over the top, and its half life is very long. Literally, you could feel great on 10 mgs your first-tenth time, take an extra 2.5 and be seeing triple. It's just weird like that, can't explain it. After say 20 or 30 doses, your body seems to adjust and 10 mg may never do it again for you, regardless of a break.

3. Methadone is very much anxiolytic (a drug that decreases anxiety, stress, tension), maybe even considerately more-so than benzodiazepines, depending on your reactions to each. However, unline benzo's, you shouldn't feel the need to keep taking more. Follow this instinct and chill with the amount you have in you: it lasts a long time.

4. Do not inject solutions of methadone (often givin in methadone clinics as kool-aid flavored solution) or tablets, as they are made specificly, or largely, specificly for addicts and people who inject. Do not put your beautiful life in risk like this. There is an injectable form, and it is supposed to "hit" you, but do not even consider unless it's injectable form.

5. METHADONE TAKES 1-2 HOURS TO START WORKING. DO NOT TAKE MORE THINKING THAT YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCING THE EFFECTS OF A DOSE, AS THE DOSE IS NOT YET IN YOUR BLOODSTREAM. This is extremely important.

6. As the literature I have read indicates (take it for what it is, give or take, it depends on the individual of course) methadone does not completely fill your opiate receptors until you reach 40-80 milligrams. Once you reach this much, only suboxone/buprenorphine is strong enough to replace the methadone molecule from the receptor. Taking more or a different opiate is quite likely pointless.

If there are other questions, please feel free to contact me.

BE SAFE.

peace

phatass

Inscrit
15 Août 2007
mind.wide.open a dit:
2. Methadone is very unlike other opiates. If you have never taken it DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN 10 MGS, DO NOT. Even if you have a tolerance to other opiates (e.g. hydrocodone, oxycodone, propoxyphene, codeine, morphine) if you have never taken dolophine/methadone, there seems to be little correlation between your first use of it and your tolerance to other opiates. The drug heavily depresses respiration and you need to be very careful. Even taking 10 mgs and taking a booster dose of say 2.5 could put you over the top, and its half life is very long. Literally, you could feel great on 10 mgs your first-tenth time, take an extra 2.5 and be seeing triple. It's just weird like that, can't explain it. After say 20 or 30 doses, your body seems to adjust and 10 mg may never do it again for you, regardless of a break.

5. METHADONE TAKES 1-2 HOURS TO START WORKING. DO NOT TAKE MORE THINKING THAT YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCING THE EFFECTS OF A DOSE, AS THE DOSE IS NOT YET IN YOUR BLOODSTREAM. This is extremely important.

peace

second that... 50mg with no tolerance is recipy for OD.... and as said above they don't come in 50mg tabs (at least that i've heard of)... I think even the 40mg tabs have been taken off the market in some countries... (ignorant doctors prescribing too much, or naif users taking too much.... methadone has caused many OD's)

quote from wiki
"In an effort to turn the tide on reported increases in methadone-related adverse events, the DEA announced in a recent advisory that manufacturers of methadone hydrochloride 40-mg tablets have agreed to restrict their distribution of that particular formulation of the drug.

As of Jan. 1, manufacturers will ship the methadone hydrochloride 40-mg formulation only to hospitals and facilities that have been authorized for detoxification and maintenance treatment of patients with opioid addiction. In addition, manufacturers of the drug will instruct their wholesale distributors to stop supplying the formulation to any facility that doesn't meet the criteria.

The DEA advisory stresses that the 40-mg formulation of methadone hydrochloride is indicated only for the detoxification and maintenance treatment of opioid-addicted patients and is not FDA-approved for use in pain management.

Federal law does not restrict the prescribing, dispensing or administration of methadone for the treatment of pain, and the 5-mg and 10-mg methadone formulations will continue to be available as a tool family physicians can use to treat patients for pain."

make sure you know what you're taking...

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Common methadone dose is 5mg to max 10mg. Never see stronger dose. Why? Cause high tolerance and heavy heroin users receive 25 tablets of 5mg.=125mg. And this is dose for addicts to keep them on meth for life. Even lower dose =100mg-70mg is enough. So I do not see any kind of need for more dose made pill then 10mg.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
From what I've heard, methadone is pretty much a very nasty opiate (derivate?). It doesn't give you much of a high, that's why it's used for heroine substitution, but it still is an opiate that can lead to respiratory failure and heavy physical addiction. I heard that the physical addiction from methadone can actually be stronger than that from heroine or morphine.

They substitute methadone for heroine because they want to give the addicts relief, but without the fun. There's doctors who believe one should rather give good heroine to addicts than methadone - because methadone really isn't something to play with.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
M(methadone) isn't opiate without euphoric effect. He poses high potency in euphoric mean. But for heroin addicts doesn't cause they have already build-ed theirs tolerance and changed sensitivity to the opiate agonise drugs. This is why M have reputation as low power opioid (M is opioid or fully synthetic opiate agonist, not some kind of derivative, Hitler made it in WW2 because Germany at the end of war doesn't have enough morphine for the army so scientist got order to find way how to make cheap, easy to synthesise, similar or even stronger pain relief medicine then morphine. This is what description for opioid and opiate-extract or semisynthetic)
M in syringe-shoot in blood have exactly euphoric and analgesic properties as morphine. M last longer, 4-5 times vs morphine and cause that have also longer 4-5 times withdrawal time. Difference is only in withdrawal strength. It is 35% lower but longer time give bad reputation versus morphine. And why people not so rarely dies cause M? Because M have peak after 12-14 hours and depression on heart and lungs often caught users in bed or somewhere in park.