Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

home made tablets?

malatreboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Oct 2006
Hi pales,

Let's say a guy called Harry has powder stuff. Harry could use directly the powder but he'd rather transform it into tablets...

Harry would use 100 or 200 mg of powder per tablet and does not want to buy those expensive tablet machines used in the pharma industry.

Is there anyone that could explain harry how to transform easily his powder into homemade tablets without expensive materials...

In the name of Harry, thanks to you all guys.

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Hi there Harry!

Use capsules

malatreboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Oct 2006
Hi there,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Harry has already thought about using capsules but still prefers the tablet form...

But once again, thanks for the answer.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
You need something that will hold everything together in the prefered shape.

malatreboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Oct 2006
Hi forkbender,

Yes that's that something Harry is looking for:

A system to compress and a product sticky enough to hold the particules together.

Do you have any clue?

malatreboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Oct 2006
Hi spice,

Harry thanks you for your concern.

You said it's hard, did you tried before? Maybe you have an advice about the way of processing?

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Did I try before?

:D

Oh, yeah....

One idea you may want to take a look at is a rifle re-loader kit....ever seen one....?

As far as the fillers and binders go.....reverse engineer some vitamin C, it's held together with the same stuff the big boys use.

Professional tableting machines use an enormous amount of pressure to tablet pills, they are generally a combination of electric/hydraulic.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
This is how to do it ..... basicaly ...... BUT.....

Its always diferent so you will have to do some experimenting to get the mixture of binder you need to make the pills stick together and the dose of the drug you want right , plus getting the size of your pills right . You need two clean panes of glass and a sheet of clean metal as big as the glass . The metal needs to be as thick as the pills you want to make , its better to make the metal a bit thicker than you would think at first . Then drill a few holes in the metal of the same width you want your pills to be , if they are not big enough you can always make them bigger later . Then mix finely powdered lactose with at least 20 % finely powdered sucrose = powdered sugar . The more sucrose you add the harder and less brittle the pills will be . Then mix that with a 50/50 ethanol and water mix so that it will form lumps when pressed between your fingers . The ethanol evaporates and helps make the pills hard . Do a test run first with only the wetted binder to see how much of it goes into how many holes . Put the metal plate on one of the sheets of glass and fill the holes with your binder mixture . Then put the other piece of glass on top and turn it all over . Then take the top piece of glass off and fill any holes that werent properly filled . Let the mixture dry a little , but not till its hard and gently push the pills out and let them dry . Again practice makes perfect . When they are dry weigh them . From that you should be able to work out aproximately how much dry binder to mix with how much drug to get the doses and the size of pills you want . Then drill as many of the right sized holes in the sheet of metal as you can and do it all again but with the wetted binder mixed with the drug . You can then just throw your mixture on top of your drilled out metaly sheet and go over it with a spatula to push the mixture into the holes . Then put the other sheet of glass on top and turn it over and fill the other side up if it needs it in exactly the same way .

Have fun practicing .

Cheb

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Jan 2008
I was curious about this by your, so i made a phonecall to my close friend Sally.

As far as she knows most homeusers she knows just keep it to capsules for simplicity. Only when money is involved taking the effort to make tablets.

I might be dead wrong, this is just some info she gave me.

PS: Incase Harry finds out a good and doable way, please inform via PM. Maybe we can arrange a meetup! :wink:

malatreboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Oct 2006
Hi,

I had a talk with Harry this morning, he thanks you all guys for answering his question.

Spice,
Harry doesn't have a clue about what a "rifle re-loader kit" is (and me neither). Maybe you can enlighten us.

GOD,
Your technic sounds interesting but would the pills be hard (compressed) enough. Using that way I'm affraid the tablet would fall appart...

Cheb,
I'll tell Harry about your message and let you know what's going on.

Harry is waiting for more suggestions, please feel free to speak.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The method i talked about is the method that has been used for at least 40 years to make micro dots and to make other pills of other sizes by underground chemists . The pills that are made that way are hard , as i said the amount of sucrose used has an effect on the hardness of the pills . The ingredients are available very easily and cheeply from every supermarket . If you cant find Ethanol try using vodka . I have even had micro dots that were made with after shave !!!! I have never heard of another method of making pills exept pressing them , and that means having an industrial press that can produce 1800 to 18000 kilos of preasure . The method mentioned by Spice works but you can only do a few pills at a time , and because you dont have a realy high preasure the pills often fall apart . Try what i said a few times and you will see that its easy to do . Instead
of using a sheet of aluminium you can use plastic , perspex or even rubber , but rubber is shitty because when you push the half dried pills out a lot of them get missformed .

malatreboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Oct 2006
Thank you GOD,

Harry will try it and give you feed back... what about spice's methode? Harry did not understand it as he does not know what's a rifle re-loader kit.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
A rifle re-loader kit is a kit for refilling gun cartriges so you can use them again . If you look at a web site selling guns you will probably find more information and pictures .

malatreboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Oct 2006
Ok,

Your methode sounds interesting GOD. Harry will give it a try...

Thanks a lot

malatreboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Oct 2006
Hi again,

I told Harry about god's suggestion, he looked for a detailed explaination and here is what he found :

Most drug stores in the late 19th and early 20th century prepared tablets using tablet triturate molds. The tablets were also called molded tablets and were made from a paste-like mixture of the drug.

Tablet triturate molds are made of metal. There are two plates, the cavity plate is the plate that has only holes and the peg plate that has pegs. The mold will indicate the capacity of one cavity in the cavity plate but that indication is only an approximation. Typical die plate cavity sizes are 60 mg and 100 mg.

The volume of the cavities always remains constant, but the weight of the tablet made will depend nature of the material. Different bases will have different densities and so the cavity capacity must be determined for each base, e.g., the mold must be calibrated. (This is the same reason why all molds must be calibrated for each base.)

Calibration of the mold:

1. Tablets that contain only the powder base are made first. The tablets produced are weighed as a batch and the average weight per tablet for that base is calculated.

2. The average weight per tablet of the active drug is determined. Generally, just a few cavities are used in this determination. Tablets containing only the active drug are made and the average weight per tablet for the drug is calculated.

3. The quantity of drug that will be required in the prescription per tablet is divided by the average weight per tablet of the active drug. This will give a percentage of the cavity volume that will be occupied by the active drug

4. Subtracting the percentage in step 3 from 100% will give the percentage of the cavity volume that will be occupied by the tablet base.

5. The percentage of active drug in the cavity volume and the percentage of base in the cavity volume are used to calculate the appropriate amounts of base and drug to weigh. For example, if the mold contains 50 cavities and each will hold approximately 100 mg, then 5000 mg of mixture will be needed to fill the mold. The amount of base and drug to weigh can be determined by multiplying 5000 mg by the two different percentages determined in the preceding steps.

6. It is prudent to prepare a slight excess of powder mixture (5 - 10%). This will allow for any variance in the approximate and actually capacity of the mold, and will also allow for powder loss during the compounding procedure.

To compound the molded tablets, prepare the powder mixture by proper techniques and sift the mixture through a 80-100 mesh sieve. Then moisten the powder mixture until the mass has the consistency of "Play Dough." Press the mass into the cavities of the cavity plate. Have the plate on an ointment tile or glass plate. A hard rubber spatula should be used to press the material into the cavities; stainless steel spatulas will scratch the surface of the metal plate. Sufficient pressure should be applied to tightly pack each cavity with base.

It is important to insure that all cavities are equally filled especially the marginal cavities. Both sides of the cavity plate should be inspected to made sure that all of the space in each cavity is filled. When the cavity plate is loaded, the plate is placed on the peg plate so that the pegs are aligned with the holes. The cavity plate is then carefully pressed onto the peg plate. As the cavity plate falls, the tablets are pushed out of the cavity plate onto the tops of the pegs. The tablets are left on the pegs until they dry.

So I guess it will do the trick...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thanks for confirming what i said . I left the peg plate out because its to hard to make one so that both plates easily fit together . Plus you have to make a new one for every size of pill you make . And for them to easily slide together you have to make a sort of frame to do it in .

I hope you have fun experimenting and that everything works out OK .

malatreboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Oct 2006
The only problem is that they say the bigest size is 100mg while Harry would need something like 300mg (150mg active powder and 150mg binders). Yet he found on the web a 200mg cave plate (peg plate included).

But still I need 300mg pills...

Do you think those would work with that methode?

Another question: How to choose the right binders? Harry red that you have to choose the binder carefully as some does not react quit well with some chemical compounds.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
150 mgs of what drug ??? Why not just make 75 mg pills and take two ? .......... Or use capsules = much , much easyer . Faster and cheeper .

Why dont you want to use capsules ??? please give a reason and i might be able to help you more .

"Another question: How to choose the right binders?"

Try what i said , nothing will react badly with those .

Tell me the chemical ? and i might be able to help you more .

Some time you will have to stop asking questions and just experiment and try it .