Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why Lsd and mdma don't go together?

Djones

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Nov 2006
So I've experienced the combination of Lsd and mdma together.
Well, I didn't feel anything of the Mdma.

I've heard this probably got to do with the Lsd just overpowering the Mdma in your head.
But if this is the case, how come you don't feel the physical effects of the Mdma ?

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Maybe do the MDMA first and then wait till you are realy feeling nice and then do the LSD and see if that makes a difference .

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
It does work, you just need to up the dose probably.
Also the MDMA makes the LSD more shallow (less intense), but easy to handle on the psyche imo.
Also as GOD says it's better to start with the MDMA, and shortyly after that, drop the LSD.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
lsd is a serotonin blocker according to hofmanns research.

ODB

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Oct 2007
Does that mean lsd will cancel out the effects of mdma?

Monochromatic_Knight

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
LSD is not just a "serotonin blocker", nor does it negate the effects of MDMA. LSD mimics (resembles) serotonin and activates various neurons by binding to their receptor sites. This can inhibit some neurons and excite other neurons.

The effects you might experience by the drug will have many variables. Time of dose is one crucial aspect of this. This was posted on this forum recently: http://mdma.nu/candyflip.html

Candyfliping is the use of MDMA and LSD together.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Is candyflipping (acid&mdma) in any way similar to hippieflipping (shrooms&mdma)? Cause I do have experience with the latter and the synergy between the two was amazing. Is there, in other words, a totally different mechanism at work with acid&mdma?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Forkbender a dit:
Is candyflipping (acid&mdma) in any way similar to hippieflipping (shrooms&mdma)? Cause I do have experience with the latter and the synergy between the two was amazing. Is there, in other words, a totally different mechanism at work with acid&mdma?

i think so, never have done lsd before but after reading "lsd my problem child" it amazed me that lsd has this weird serotonin mechanism mentioned above.
and mdma is an almost pure serotonin experience.

ODB

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Oct 2007
When I was younger I would hit up 'raves' all the time and always candy flipped. It was wonderful, but now I wonder if the different types of acid where instead different chemicals. And that would account for the different trips I got and why some mixed better with e.

Thanatos

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mai 2003
My experience with MDMA is that when the effects wear off, I feel kind of bad mentally (to avoid the word 'depressed'). I know more people have this. So I wonder when you candyflip by taking MDMA first, will this not ruin your acid?

Monochromatic_Knight

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
My experience with MDMA is that when the effects wear off, I feel kind of bad mentally (to avoid the word 'depressed'). I know more people have this. So I wonder when you candyflip by taking MDMA first, will this not ruin your acid?

What you're talking about is serotonin depletion resulting from the MDMA. I like the word 'sensitive' or 'moody' instead of depressed, but that is what some people experience.

Residual effects of the LSD will likely outlast the MDMA and so I don't think it's likely that your trip will be "ruined". Timing is a huge factor though. I've heard of some people experiencing a melding of the two experiences while others reported going in and out of the MDMA/LSD state.[/quote]

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Thanatos a dit:

In my experience with hippyflipping (m&shrooms), there was no 'dip' after the mdma wore off. I did not experience a dip the days after as well, so it might be the perfect way to prefent this :lol: .

But again, candyflipping might be different.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
thats because psilocybin also releases serotonin.

i think it releases more sero than lsd?

Thanatos

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mai 2003
Meduzz a dit:
thats because psilocybin also releases serotonin.

I am not so sure about that. I know it binds to the serotonin-receptor.
Maybe that's how it masks the serotonin depletion, so that you won't notice.
I will look it up, don't have time now.

slybootz

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Nov 2007
Djones a dit:

I've heard this probably got to do with the Lsd just overpowering the Mdma in your head.
But if this is the case, how come you don't feel the physical effects of the Mdma ?

I could tell the difference between just acid and acid+mdma(candy-flipping). But I agree it just reminded me of a regular acid trip, but a little more intense. It actually reminded me of 2 hits of acid, but more expensive because of the mdma. My vision definitely was trailing harder, but the patterns looked the same as just lsd.

Summary: It was fun to try but not worth the money. I'll stick with just LSD. :)

slybootz

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Nov 2007
slybootz a dit:
Djones a dit:

I could tell the difference between just acid and acid+mdma(candy-flipping). But I agree it just reminded me of a regular acid trip, but a little more intense. It actually reminded me of 2 hits of acid, but more expensive because of the mdma. My vision definitely was trailing harder, but the patterns looked the same as just lsd.

Summary: It was fun to try but not worth the money. I'll stick with just LSD. :)

Oh, it could have been because I took my acid first and then about 45 minutes later the MDMA. :(

twicon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Mai 2007
[Why Lsd and mdma don't go together?]???huh???

well i candyfliped two times at some parties and i can say i f*** loved it, personally i could feel the md euphoria,energy,sociability.. with a divine psychedelic twist (that is weird for me cause i usually dont like lsd) but the combination of those two is crazy!! PURE FUN

mullis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Nov 2007
Agreed! Mostly i say one drug at a time is enough but that combination lsd&mdma is awesome!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" My experience with MDMA is that when the effects wear off, I feel kind of bad mentally (to avoid the word 'depressed')."

I used to take L-Tryptophan after i came down from extacy and it stopped me feeling like i had fallen into a mental hole .

LiquidL

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Jan 2008
I love candyflipping! It's a divine experience!

Many people say that it's better to take the acid first and then take the E but I think the opposite is better. You take the E first and enjoy it for a while up until the trail of the peak. Then you drop the acid and *boom* when the acid starts kicking in, the transformation from the E trip to acid is fuckin amazing!
These days I don't do E much anymore because I am afraid of downregulation of my receptors. But LSD will always always be dear to me (I am in love!).