Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

That whole 'wake up' feature of psychedelics

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Why can't I experience that anymore?

I remember the first times(s) when coming off a trip; I felt so liberated from the sleeping dream I had lived before in which everything seemed unreal. It had nothing to do with regaining sobreity or gained insights, but a unique mental state in which I saw the ignorance in many individuals (including my prior self) with an accompanied crystal clear brightness and solid inner strength in my awareness, lasting for weeks after an experience.

Nowadays, I still remember clearly that I woke up, and even carry a fierce desire with me to go through that tube again. But I can't exactly tell from what I had awakened. Every journey I undergo these years, is just a day tripping but nothing seems to change afterwards that comes close to a fog elimination.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Nostalgia was better in the old days.

You might want to try Ibogaine or Ayahusca.

I know your a fan of the cactus...

Lotre

Inscrit
30 Nov 2011
Maybe psychedelics showed you some state you must now achieve by yourself.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
The revelation has been and gone, What did you do with it?

It's time to apply that which you have learnt to the real world and be the change you wish to see.

Without the outside, There is no inside.

The world around us and mainly the people in our early lives shape us greatly as individuals, Without them would you even be you?

One is something of nothing without 2, 3, 4, 5 etc and one is only the first number of an infinite sequence :)

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
maybe it's because of mental imprisonment or so... the kind that is not so obvious, like for example the experience concept that you made growing up as a child. i heard that nothing is real, except what we perceive to be real. so i would speculate that you may possibly have experienced something that you thought was real, but wasn't or vice versa or something similar. and this kind of things can cause mental imprisonment, too, or rather in some way it's like we cause it ourselves and can be the root of it or so.
for example like the idea to have a dream within a dream and to wake up only means to be in another dream. i hope you know what i mean lol. it's not so easy to explain really....
it could also mean that you symbollically or some part of you like the mind, the body, the soul or so, that you maybe (falsely?) identify with is in a reverse process of waking up, because of possibly extreme waking up phases and the momentum can cause you because of polarity etc etc to be drawn into the opposite direction or so??

i think maybe relatively often people tend to forget, that it's still themselves when they are on drugs. watch out for that kind of paradigm/perspective... it's often not very healthy..
i also read of an interesting idea in the book "the power of now" by eckhart tolle, that nowadays supposedly very often the thing is that we are not our bodies, but we have bodies... and that's exactly what is missing in a great amount of people indeed.
the perception has got to do with the mind/intellect in some sense and this can cause the human beings to not "really feel"
their body anymore, but more like mentally project themselves in and out of it, making it more complicated and hence producing the risk of not really feeling, but perceiving oneself through filters of the mind, instead of being really there or so....
if that makes sense.... however mind you i am only speculating lol...
i would suggest to do some meditation and only focus on the breath and like this control the thought process and you can also go into your subconscious mind like that. breathing is elemental if you want to connect with your subconscious...hope that helps lol... :) 8)

peace

Shamanomenon

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Fev 2010
Things unknown can be magically revealed. But once revealed and abandoned, they must be hard fought to regain. Find your way back to the path and once there, psychedelics can guide you further.

Psychedelic Eric

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Avr 2012
All is not lost. Im about 50. Ive been getting stoned and tripping for the last 32 years and thought I had tasted most on offer. Ive experienced san pedro, peruvian torch and their various extracts as well as most other natural and synthetic psychedelics. Cacti and their extracts are easily my favorite of all the psychedelics but three years ago I got to experience 5 mature peyote cacti. It was amazing, apart from the extreme bitter taste. Everything glowed with its own inner light the way it does on mescaline; as I dreamed, plants became animated and spoke to me. I felt connected to my surroundings and life began to shine like new. I could go on for hours. There was something much more to the peyote experience than I had experienced with other psychedelics. I understand why its peyote not san pedro that are eaten by the Huichol people during their ceremonies, the peyote experience really does have something spiritual and mystical about it. There is so much more to peyote than other cacti. U

nfortunatly it took 6-7 years to grow the last batch so Ive got some time to wait before experiencing it again.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
How many buttons did you ate and what size were they? Also, how does a peyote trip differ from those of a san pedro?

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
to the OP--I am not sure how often you have or had psychedelic experiences, but from what you say you seem to me to be using them like drugs to prop up your sense of reality? I don't view them like that. First and foremost they are a food like any other, as we ingest them. When we for example take vitamins---or good food that contains vitamins etc, this is healthy--unlike processed shit food that just makes us fat, and will eventually kill us--usually slowly as we get off on the cheap thrill of the 'tasty' and 'fast' food

Well we can look at the psychedelics--especially the ones that are natural, as food, spiritual food. it is food that somehow allows us access to deeper realms. They inspire. I might be in this fucked up relationship, and the psychedelic experience may show me the situation in a deeper way. Now this can also happen in life when we dont take psychedelics can't it? Ie.., life itself is a learning experience. So I see psychedelics as a continuum of the mysterious and magical life

You however are saying this in so many words: I am feeling dull after taking psychedelics, as though you are expecting the psychedelic to work like a drug which makes life NOT dull instead of understanding the polarity of dullness and creativity.

This is what they have done for me. I had early experiences with LSD when I was 15 many many moons ago. After this intense period of LSD trips that went till my 16th there were years where I was going through a real hard strange time--I wont go into--but I HAD to search for books to helop me integrate the experiences I had had and was having. When I found a book that talked about polarty, and how you cant have light without darkness, and life without pain, etc things fell into place. No I didn't find heaven and all that crap. But this was helping me integrate deep stuff

One polarity IS creativity and dullness which I feel your post reflects. You are depending on psychedelics to give you an ongoing creative surge 'you used to get' but you feel dull. So I recommend you not depend on psychedelics but explore WHY do you feel dull in your usual life? what interests do you have? Do you play a musical instrument? have ANY interests? Do you assume that you MUST feel creative, up, buzzy, not-dull ALL the time, or do you accept life is cyclic and we go through all kinds of changes, even in an hour of a day?

Ask yourself questions like this and you will find an inter-rest

Psychedelic Eric

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Avr 2012
Brugmansia a dit:
How many buttons did you ate and what size were they? Also, how does a peyote trip differ from those of a san pedro?
Five buttons about the size of a small satsuma. The trip was as smooth as any mescaline trip and had strong had empathetic qualities similar to mdma, a dreaminess similar to opium and was amazingly euphoric. When I listened to music it was impossible not to pick up the rhythm of the beat by foot tapping or dancing. The most noticeable difference was the spiritual quality of the trip I felt a oneness with Nature and the Universe that was far more vivid than I had ever experienced on acid, mescaline, psilocybin or DMT. It was a feeling of being close to the divine - the creator like nothing I had ever experienced before. The only problem was eating the stuff, it is way more bitter than pedro or torch and took me about half an hour to get the five buttons down. A full description of the trip would fill pages.

Writing this makes me wish I could do another peyote trip right now.