Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Salvia liqueur?

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I have been reading about people making Salvia tea. So I suppose you can take Salvia oraly... But since salvnorin is solulable in alcohol, I could make a Salvia liqueur?

I was thinking of sth like absinthe... Just soak salvia leaves and maby some other herbs in alcohol (schnaps) and leave it for a month or so, shaking it from time to time...

Do you think it would work?

Does anyone have any xp in drinking/eating Salvia?

soknardalr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
29 Jan 2007
I don't have any experience with Salvia and alcohol mixtures or with taking it orally, but from what I've read, the following method can be used to make an alcohole and Salvia combination.

"There are other ways of taking salvia orally, but the effects will usually be less. You could make an extraction in an alcoholic drink such as vodka or whiskey. Put a large number of powdered leaves in a (relatively) small amount of vodka. Leave it to rest for a couple of days, shaking the bottle twice a day. The salvinorin will slowly be absorbed by the alcohol. Filter the drink and carefully squeeze out the plant material. Dilute the drink with an equal amount of water and add sugar of honey for flavor. Hold the maximum quantity you comfortably can in your mouth and swish it around during 30 minutes."

Personally, if I was planning on mixing it with alcohol, I'd try to make a tincture rather than an actual drink.

Good luck with whatever you decide on. :D

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Interesting recipe...

But I want to make a alcokolic beverage rather than a tincture. If I understand correctly the way u posted involves absorbing salvinorin via mouth (dunno how to say it but tongue and stuff).

I am rather looking for some feedback on consuming Salvia oraly (not sublingualy). Any fist hand info is welcome.

G

Invité
Well my first time salvia involved chewing on a maximum amount of leaves I could hold in my mouth, chewed on it for about an hour and nothing happend.

But yeah it might not have worked because it was my first time.
The 4 times after that I also had little to no effect, so actually, I have no idea if it's nice, eating the stuff...

And holding alcohol in your mouth for half an hour must totally suck

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Salvia and Absinthe fit very well together (both very bitter) :wink:

If you soak a lot of Salvia in alcoholic absinthe, it should make an interresting liqueur. No need to wait a month, few days are enough.

However, Salvia is not supposed to be active orally (never tried tough) because salvinorin is destroyed in stomach. But salvia is indeed active thru mouth and under tongue. The difficulty is to hold a strong alcool in mouth, so you have to dilute it with water and if your liqueur is not enough concentrated in salvinorin you will not feel it a lot.
When I use home made tincture, I take 2ml of tincture. I already tried 2 ml + 2 ml of absinthe tincture + some sirup and water. It tastes good if you enjoy bitter things but absinthe and salvia have not the same time set so I would rather take them at separate time now. And absinthe is active orally anyway althought I think its effects are 'stronger' if kept under the tongue.

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
What are the effects of absinthe. This may sounds n00bisch, but what's the effect beside the alcohol, the effects of the plant within it?

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
What are the effects of absinthe

There is a definitive effetc with absinthe which is not related to alcohol because my tincture is very concentrated and the amount of alcohol is very small in my usual dose ( 4 - 8 ml).
I would say it's slightly euphoric, "refreshing" (can't find the good word), relaxing. But mind is clear and it lasts around 1h30. Very good after a heavy meal as it has also digestive :p
However my extract is very very bitter, close to Zacatechichi if you know it (but not as hard hopefully).To drink it I add the same amount of sirup and some water and I find it nice.
I had no hangover until yet but as toxicity of absinthe is not very well known, I avoid increasing dosage (there are other fun substance to get high anyway :wink: ).