Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How much MDMA is TOO much?

prez

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Nov 2013
Someone who I know has used MDMA, or similar drugs, recreationally over the past 2 years.
In the past year, they have taken 0.3 -0.6 grams 4 times and 1 gram 1 time (approx 2-3 months between usage).
They are also planning on taking .5 grams on New Years Eve (31.12.13).

Given these numbers, do you think amount of usage is dangerous for their mind and or body?
Will the effects of MDMA start to weaken soon?
Any information on the matter is much appreciated.

tony-chemist

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Avr 2014
prez a dit:
Someone who I know has used MDMA, or similar drugs, recreationally over the past 2 years.
In the past year, they have taken 0.3 -0.6 grams 4 times and 1 gram 1 time (approx 2-3 months between usage).
They are also planning on taking .5 grams on New Years Eve (31.12.13).

Given these numbers, do you think amount of usage is dangerous for their mind and or body?
Will the effects of MDMA start to weaken soon?
Any information on the matter is much appreciated.

the MDMA can last 6 hours. the dosage 100mg is enough; 500mg is too large dosage;

papi

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
150mg is a good dose, you can redrop some but, without tolerance it's too much, i don't really enjoy more than that, after 300mg you just ugly and high as fuck, i don't see the pleasure of it.

And more you redrop, more the comedown will be hard.

150/200mg is ok for one night if you plan on sleeping, more is too much for me (personnaly).

hookedonhydro

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
5 Mar 2009
You have to consider something important when re-dosing on serotonin and dopamine draining drugs. You only have so much of these neurotransmitters available at any given time! When you take a second dose of MDMA, you are likely running into a grey area where you are close to depleting these naturally produced feel good chemicals our bodies need to make us happy when we are not high. If you abuse a drug like MDMA by exceeding 300mg per night, you run the risk of not only depleting these neurotransmitters, but frying the receptor sites on the brain that produce them. If you have ever taken an excess of this, you likely know how shitty you feel after the third dose is consumed. Hardly any euphoria ensues.

It is absolutely moronic and irresponsible to take more than 300mg over the course of one sitting, and no more than 150mg per dose. If you care about your mental health and not feeling depressed for countless years, you will heed this warning and not use MDMA more than once a month.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
The toxic dose of MDxx is around 900mg. 150mg is more than enough to feel it's effects. Don't re-dose. GHB would likely be good for the comedown since it activates totally different receptors than MDxx(such as MDA, MDMA, MDEA, ect) does. MDxx activates serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, oxitocin and mildly affects 5HT2a receptors, but not GABA receptors. GHB affects primarily GABA receptors. GHB is described as "liquid skies". I'm curious about GHB.

Helloitsme

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Oct 2014
New to this site. Background info

Started infrequently 'sniffing' about a year ago. (With also mistakenly trying mkat around 3 years ago). Up to know I've felt the full effects of E, Ket, Coke, cannabis and MD.

I consider my self quite a big lad at 6ft 4 and 80kg, and im wondering how much is too much when you're just getting into things. I'd say ive had about 15 nights on different substances since I began. But im generally taking 1/2-a gram per session if not much more.. And im always getting really drunk whilst doing those things.

Thank you

And I don't know how to post a thread..

Dannibuds

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
18 Nov 2014
GHB is very dose sensitive, be careful. Apparently the effective to lethal dose ratio is only 1:8. My city has had a huge problem with GHB in the last couple of years, quite a few people have died in a very rapid time.

Dannibuds

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
18 Nov 2014
80mg to 100mg is plenty for one dose, and I try not to exceed three doses of MDMA a night, because, as already mentioned in this thread, it depletes the essential neurotransmitters our bodies need to stay happy and healthy. I've used MDMA quite a few times and I find the come up from 100mg of good quality MDMA crystal to be a tad rough, so I prefer to weigh out 80mg doses. I stuffed my doses once and had about 400mg over the night, very uncomfortable, wasteful, and reckless, if you exceed 300mg in one night you're likely going to feel shitty for the next week.

ninjashoes

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Déc 2014
I have heard/read that MDMA not only reduces chemical amounts in our brains but also damages the transmitters themselves. It's really better avoid MDMA imo.

Sophia

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Mai 2016
I don't even know what the point of taking that much is. Isn't 150mg mind blowing enough?

Sludge

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
17 Sept 2011
For a beginner, 80 to 115 mg is enough. 80 mg would be medium to strong for many people. For a person who feels that effects are low, you can go up to 200 mg, which is very strong and not recommanded at all for beginners (can be dangerous for some people).
In a day, taking more that 400 mg is not advised. Taking MDMA 2 days in a row or even 2 times in a week is not advised at all. You should wait 6 weeks between two sessions.

Aussie_Ledge

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Juil 2017
As sludge said above that is absolutely correct, you shouldn't be taking over 200 for a beginner dosage, the experience for a beginner can be very hard hitting, I have dunked (held against my gums/tongue) 2 points all at once and I was thrashed as fuck, I once took 4 points once and yes I was on top of the world but fuck was I wrecked. overall make sure your stuff is legit and overall stay safe my dude.

AlphaD

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Juin 2015
One thing is sure : if you take MDMA one night, don't take MDMA in the following weeks (at least 4 in my opinion, but sometimes I can accept a little MDMA).

Concerning the amount of MDMA, it depends on your tolerance.
If you have never taken MDMA, an amount of 0.10-0.15 is good. If you have already taken MDMA few times, you can take an amount between 0.2 and 0.3. If you have taken MDMA several times, you have a high tolerance, so you probably need more than 0.2-0.3 to enjoy (because the tolerance reduces the effects intensity)
but
if you are in the 3rd case don't be stupid and set a limit, because MDMA can become dangerous if you are close to 1g in one night, 0.5 is already a high amount of MDMA.
For example, I have taken MDMA so many times that I have a high tolerance and now I can take 0.6 without being close of the overdose. I did it last week and I had no hallucination or any bad feeling (I was careful towards the dehydration and I drank lots of water, as always), it was a good session, nothing crazy but I felt strong effects. However, I gave much MDMA to my body because of my tolerance, and I know that my tolerance is so high that I could take more than 0.6 without being too much high but your tolerance doesn't change how bad MDMA is for your body so avoid to go over the amount of 0.4/0.5 even if you have a high tolerance like me (set a limit as i said).

The particularity of MDMA is that everytime you take MDMA, you tolerance becomes higher. I'm not talking about the tolerance due to the lack of serotonin, this tolerance disappear in the next weeks (during a session of MDMA, you empty your reserves of serotonin and you need to wait at least 4 weeks to recover a good amount of serotonin while the serotonin is important for the effects, so when you take MDMA it is better to have serotonin in your body to maximize the effects, that's one of the reason why it is stupid to take MDMA every week), I'm talking about the tolerance which never disappear and which becomes higher after every session. This tolerance is why your first session is unique and why you have to take more MDMA every time to feel usual effects.

Anyway, if you are in my case, I don't advise you to take more than 0.5, but if you need more to feel strong effects or if you want very strong effects as hallucinations (if you have very strong effects it means that you have to be very careful) I advise you to keep an eye on your physical state during the session.