Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Everyone should read this and pass it on to their friends.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
This link could quite possibly be the most usefully bit of info on the net as far as street knowledge goes on drugs. i have heard almos ALL of these from people in my travels, and when i try to correctly edjucate people.. its "bullshit"... wich is BULLSHIT. nothing pisses me off more than arrogence and closmindedness.

so take this simple wiki link, and post it all over your social networking sites, instant messengers, hell even emails. im SICK if hearing these things being circulated. its urban myths like this that ruin the reputation of some of my favorite substances.

h++p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_lege ... egal_drugs

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I would like them to add how rare it is to find weed laced with something else.

If this were true, the product would be more expensive or sold in less quantity or the dealer/producer would be losing money, no?

Chronic (which here only pertains to weed laced with cocaine or crack) is never found unless one waits around 5 years, then somebody makes it. Why would anyone lace weed with something that could potentially scare the user away from the dealer, and make the dealer lose money? I hear this all the god damn time! Weed can be a crazy drug, accept it, it's not always an easy high.

Flashbacks & lsd. (this may have been covered in the spinal-cord build-up section). Flashbacks from the actual DRUG do not happen, however one can experience the same feeling from the drug many times, simply like one feels euphoria or nostalgia from certain scents from childhood or whatnot.

What else? Oh... although I hate methamphetamine and everything associated with it. Meth does not cause you to lose your teeth or hair - this just is coincidence by the people who USE methamphetamine tend to have very little to no self-respect or hygeine.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
i diddnt know that about the meth :p

Kinslayer

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Mai 2010
Would be great to add a Mushroom section... I'm no pro at writing encyclopaedia articles though, I could guess I'd need to explain how exactly psilocybin interacts with the body/brain and which receptors it binds to, etc...

Anyone, nothing irritates me more than when a group of us are taking shrooms and a friend will explain authoritatively to everyone how mushrooms are poisonous and we're tripping because the poison is eating away at our brain cells. Geez. No wonder people have bad trips!

The fact is of course that psilocybin is not poisonous, but interacts with your brain in a way that I'm not able to explain :)
More than that, there are no poisonous psilocybin mushrooms... so if start tripping, you don't need to worry about being poisoned.
It's important to remember however that most mushroom related deaths are from misidentification, and you should trust your sources completely and not go picking your own unless you know exactly how to differentiate between similar looking mushrooms.

I guess I should mention also that the Amanita Muscaria mushrooms (fly agaric) are in fact slightly poisonois (I believe from the ibotenic acid), so they are more dangerous than regular shrooms (which have such a low toxicity that you'd have to eat your own body weight to overdose). Amanita's are the big red toadstools with white spots like you see in fairy tales, and are not usually considered "shrooms" (of psilocybin varieties). They also look very similar to the highly poisonous mushrooms (I forget the name).

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i challenge you to view neurotoxicity as a different factor like just toxicity. and i advise: keep your neurotransmitters warm on a cold day! :D :)

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
no, psylocybin DOES carry the property of neurotoxicity, because THAT is why if you DO decide to eat your weight in mushrooms, you will die.

still, you will not die even from the most world shattering of experiences, but, it still does not change the fact that it IS "neurotoxic". (albeit, at levels that are impractical to find in even the boldest of doses.)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Well... it's always toxic, its just not going to do nnoticeable damage.

Lethal dose is not the dose where it starts to do damage, thats the dose you DIE at.

They aren't toys, but it's not a gun either.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
your ego dies, before you die tho, probably. depending on how much egos you have, hell, it might even be genocide. :lol:

GregKasarik

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Fev 2010
Kinslayer a dit:
The fact is of course that psilocybin is not poisonous, but interacts with your brain in a way that I'm not able to explain :)
More than that, there are no poisonous psilocybin mushrooms... so if start tripping, you don't need to worry about being poisoned.

We simply don't know enough to be able to make this sort of claim!

The fact is that there are thousands upon thousands of mushroom species out there (The famous LBMs: "little brown mushrooms" that litter our universe), and that the vast majority haven't been formally identified, let alone tested for either toxicity, or the presence of psilocybin. Personally, I see no reason why psilocybin would not be present with toxins, as it arguably has evolved as a form of toxin itself. This might mean that there is less chance for another toxin to be present, but given the numbers of species out there, I would expect the combination to occur at some point.

Fact is that if you consume any mushroom that you aren't certain about, then you are asking for trouble.