Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ecstasy Induced Psychosis

entheogenic_heathen

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Déc 2007
I have an issue. A friend of mine took a quad-stack pill and after that she has been acting unlike herself, spouting random things and having bipolar-like emotions. Literally she would cry for five minutes and then... straight face. It was scary. I am convinced the pill brought out some dormant psychological problems inside her. Now, seven days later, and after admitting her to a local hospital, she is still "psycho," and the hospital released her. Her diagnosis was marijuana user, and that mentally she was fine. A week later I am really worried about my friend and don't really know how to help her or relay to others how mentally lost she is.
Has anyone every known anyone who has suffered this, or can shed more light on the issue?

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
What's the age of your friend? What was the setting/set? Was there some kind of preparation and a sense of 'hey, this stuff can actually enable me to tap deeper into myself an set things loose I may not be ready for?.' How long ago was the substance taken exactly?

I've seen problems before with unprepared/naieve use with this substance. For example when I was at a friends house years ago, some neighbor kid took ecstasy to have fun but instead relived her incest history and was down and depressed for weeks.

About helping your friend, seek professional help, someone that can be trusted and can be informed about how the situation developed (because of the pills) without risking the law looking at it I guess.

Wish you all the best with this!

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Sounds like something messed up chemical reactions in the brain or something, there could of been something weird in the pills, I would try not doing any drugs, prescribed or otherwise and try and get the brain to fix itself.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
These kinds of things happen more often than you might think.

Dr. Shulgin reports episodes similar to this in PIHKAL, and he stresses the fact that when you choose to do psychedelics ( and make no mistake about it ecstasy is psychedelic ) you are taking certain risks, and they aren't just toys.

The episode itself can continue ( as you've noticed ) long after the actual dose has worn off.

Just because X is so friendly, it's easy to underestimate it's power.

It's a VERY powerful tool for unrepressing memories and unblocking 'stuck' feelings....and it affects everyone in a slightly different way, overall. Because it feels so good, it's easy to overlook the fact that it is powerful stuff.

Give us a little more background if possible, whatever you're comfortable with.

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
Was she experience with X or any other psychedellic substance? If it was her first time, and a good pill she may not have been prepared for just how profound the trip can be. IMO, leave her be for a little while and let her straighten out her own thoughts. Only if she seems to be inclined to do herself or other injury should you try to get involved, otherwise, people need to deal with their own psyche