Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Difference between cognitive enhancers and nootropics.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
We're going to learn about cognitive enhancers and nootropics and how they compare and contrast.
Smartest on top of the list and dumbest on the bottom of the list.
The list is:
Hypranootropics (very powerful nootropics)
Nootropis
Quasinootropics (half-nootropics)
Pseudonootropics (mere cognitive enhancers, fake nootropics)
Street drugs (cognitive damagers: such as heroin, crack, weed(high TCH, low CBD), meth, also includes alcohol)

Most of what's on the list can be classified as cognitive enhancers. The main differences beteen cognitive enhancers(pseudonootropics) and nootropics are that pseudonootropics can enhace cognition, but only temporarily; while nootropics can cause permanent cognitive enhancment even after the initial cognitive boost effects wear off. Overtime, pseudonootropics can cause damage to the brain. Quasinootropics doesn't show long term damage, but also doesn't show long term improvement. True nootropics leave a positive effect on mental processes and can lead to a smarter you. With serotonin being partially responsible for learning, learning enjoyment and mood, it's not surprising that sub-hallucinogenic doses of some psychedelics have a significantly positive impact on cognition. The most notable example being 2C-x series of semi-synthetic hallucinogens.

Pseudonootropics.
Pseudonootropics act as brain boosters, but the damage is evident after just a few months. pseudonootropics include: methamphetamine, amphetamine, tetrahydrocannabinol(when cannabidiol isn't present), and cocaine. They also include adderal, modafinil, provigil and ritalin. Dimethylaminoethanol causes damage over time as well. Ethanol(Deathanol, ethyl alcohol) is on here because some people think it makes you smarter during. however, you're thinking clearly about nearly nothing and can't remember much, it also creates toxic metabolites and side effects. DXM is a pseudonootropic(fake nootropic) because it causes dulling of the brain and thought processes if misused overtime and a weird sense of self. Effects are likely partly reversble, however, if dxm is not abused for at least a year. Modafinil, adderall, ritalin, speed, and others also fall into this category. Though amphetamine is far less dangerous than crack or heroin, it's still significantly dangerous to cause brain damage and addiction over time.

Quasinootropics.
Quasinootropics doesn't cause brain damage, but it also doesn't cause much of an improvement overtime. Caffeine is the most notable quasinootropic, being consumed by millions of people around the world. It's found in coffee, energy drinks, certain soda, gum, and even chocolate. Another quasinootropic is DMAA. Also known as methylhexanamine, DMAA is known to cause stimulant action and increased alertness, However, DMAA is recently being banned. Also on this list are B vitamins, aniracetam, resveratrol and trimethylglycine(TMG). Omega-3, cathinone and cannabidiol are also on this list. 2-methyl-2-butanol shows improvement in sociability and mood among other things. It's lack of negative side effects combined with it's reduced toxicity and lack of toxic metabolites has shown that 2-methyl-2-butanol may be the perfect alternative to ethanol. 2-methyl-2-buanol is also more euphoric and focused and very clear headed. MDxx series have shown to increase well being and sociability and is shown to be relatively safe for, at most, monthly use, though it's inconclusive if it causes any damage at all at once monthly or less intervals. Some psychedelics may fit in this classification. Propylhexedrine and cyclopentamine are other quasinootropics. Loxapine induces the growth of new neurons. However, due to a host of side effects, it's listed in the quasinootropic area.

Nootropics.
Nootropics are substances that boost your problem solving area, memories, and other parts of the mind. They leave short term and long term benefits. Even overdosing on nootropics doesn't cause brain damage, although it's not advised. Psychedelics have shown to improve people's thought processes and outlook on life, they leave people with a thirst for knowledge, thus showing that it's not "just a trip". Also, certain psychedelics show excellent nootropic potential at sub-hallucinogenic doses. Nootropics also include supplements that replenish brain presursors. The nootropics include but aren't limited to: Quercetin, L-tyrosine, 5-HTP, Phenylpiracetam, 2C-I(low dose), 2C-D(low dose), Sulbutiamine, L-tryptophan, choline, Coenzyme Q10, Sesamol, Vitamin D, MDO-D (4-methyl-2,5-dimethoxymethamphetamine), and others. There are others too. 2C-x series have consistently shown no brain damage to the user. People can learn from certain psychedelic hallucinations. And there's the novel antidepressant IAP(IndanylAminoPropane). Prolintane is a safe stimulant and nootropic that's stronger yet safer and less addictive than caffeine. Fluorenol(sometimes called hydrafinil) is a stronger eugeroic than modafinil while being far less addictive than modafinil.

Hypranootropics.
Hypranootropics are supernootropics. They are like Nootropics on brain steroids while running a treadmill and reading. Hypranootropics are sort of like Edward Morra on NZT. They may not be NZT, but they come close. Hypranootropics have nearly no negative side effects. Hypranootropics include: 2C-I and 2C-D (combined appropriately at a sub-hallucinogenic dose according to maximum mental output without much hallucination), MDO-D (4-methyl-2,5-dimethoxymethamphetamine), CX717(improves cognition and memory by activation of glutamate, it's kind of like the opposite of alcohol in pharmacological action), Propranolol(studies show that it can be used to reduce stress and even help you get over recent traumas so you can move on and focus on the present), Amobarbital(studies show it induces hypermnesia during the effects and can even help create "false" memories of alternate universes(as long as you're reminded that your mind is at an alternate universe. Got a history test,, why read a boring old textbook when someone could read it for you while you're on amobarbital and you can relive every moment as if you were there.). Amobarbital and propranolol used adequately(if not, your brain would flood overload with negative subconscious thoughts and emotions that seem fictional, but which is actually based on the world getting crappier. Amobarbital can give rise to false memories, which is fun if you want to date a cartoon or grow wing and fly into space. However, if you're not the one convincing yourself and it's someone with bad intentions, it could be like being in hell and back.) Amobarbital and Propranolol must be respected. For they hold the key to the unknown parts of the mind and can allow us to manipulate our own negative emotions and beliefs. Newer hydranootropics include Radequinil, Terbequinil, Nooglutyl, and PWZ-029. Fluorenol(hydrafinil) is a subtle, yet powerful wakefulness enhancer that can reverse the tireness from sleep deprivation and keep you awake longer.

The matrix no longer ends up being just the red pill and the blue pill, but may allow for the synthesis of the purple pill, of which we know little about. It's this sheer manipulation of cognition and the creation of any false memory we desire, that is unknown. We realize the glitches and hacks in the matrix and can even hack our own minds. But then what? The massive uncertainty is one of the main reasons why no one want's to develop the purple pill. No one knows the ultimate danger nor the ultimate benefits of overcoming the ultimate fear, our own potential and creation of worlds within a word. For what would those universes end up being, but our own thoughts. And then, what could be all part of while in this universe, someone's brain? Galaxies would be neurons and we would be mere thoughts, trying to overcome the universe which may only be one giant brain with a head. It's this creation of false memories that I desire, for what if ultimate truth was nothing more than going out with a cartoon character namd Jenny Wakeman. This concept of the ultimate truth would piss off even the best philosophers, but if it would be ultimate truth, there would be nothing they could do about it. No matter how big the philosopher's tantrum, it would not change, and that's a funny thought indeed. 8)

piou piou

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Fev 2012
What the fuck.

Dude, you are scary.

A really, really nice post tho ! thanks !!!

nootropics can cause permanent cognitive enhancment even after the initial cognitive boost effects wear off
Does it mean that you keep the memory of what you learned under their effects or does it mean that the cognition boost's lasts more than several half lives of the nootropic (or even an unlimited amount of time) ?

Ouroboros

Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
Great post, thanks mate.

Can you link the source for the 2M2B information please.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
The computer I'm using doesn't let me do much. I'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to go to the computer lab if I'm not busy. 2-methyl-2-butanol can't be oxidised into alehydes, ketones, or carboxylic acid. It's not metabolised by alcohol dehydrogenase, but primarily by gluconoridation and p-450 oxidation to 2-methyl-2-butyl gluconoride and 2,3-dihydroxy-2-methylbutane respectively. You keep more of the memory of what you learned, and after the effects wear off, your mind isn't back to it's own level, but slightly higher. The brain is at baseline intelect(however smart you usually are, works better if you're already smart), than it gets much higher than baseline intelect with nootropics, then the effects wear off and it ends up getting lower but still higher than baseline. The only thing you'll need to worry about is taking a break once and a while and replenishing serotonin, norepinephrine, choline and dopamine receptors. This is done by using choline, 5-HTP, L-tyrosine, L-tryptophan, and sufficiently healthy lifestyle and enough sleep. Sleep is just about the only thing that'll never be replaced by a substance.
The 2-methyl-2-butanol information is found in social anxiety forum, wikipedia, and bluelight. I just study and learn and want to know all that I find interesting. I'm like the giant floating brains in futurama. Metabolization of 2-Methyl-2-butanol
3sg2u.png

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Have you taken 2M2B?

I have, at ~2mL I feel nearly nothing.
However, I fear that I am allergic to aliphatic compounds, and that this is having an adverse reaction on my GI tract (got intense cramping), not confirmed, but wary of trying again.

How much have you taken, and was it alone or in combination?
And HOW did you take it? The stuff is vile, evaporates very quickly, and you lose a lot just by burping, heh.

Ouroboros

Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
I use to mix it with cola, i never really mesure it, it was not too strong but definitively worked, Anyway the tolerance came really really quickly, and i dont like to drink a lot of this stuff, so i give it up.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Also, in my experience, all the hallucinogens are nootropics at low doses - LSD, psilocybin, ayahuasca, etc.

Ouroboros

Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
Yeap, some user on the french board try to use 2c-d as a nootropic with small results.

But imo psychedelic is a bit too confusing to be used for this purpose.

Sludge

Inscrit
17 Sept 2011
At very low dosage it shouldn't be. Never tried these nootropics but it makes me curious. But I don't like the all idea of it (increase performance or whatever).

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
Hydergine also seems interesting as a nootropic. It's structurally similar to LSD. About a year ago, 26 substances both synthetic and semi-synthetic(half natural, half synthetic) have been banned. http://neurobonkers.com/2012/06/20/...phedrone-mdpv-and-synthetic-cannabinoids/2C-x are semi-synthetic because the base molecule 1,4-Dimethoxybenzene is found in very small amounts in nature. Cannabidiol(CBD) has the potential for curing breast cancer, has nootropic potential, anti-anxiety potential and causes no high. Why is it banned? Why are 2C-x banned? 2C-x and MDxx chemicals kills less people a year than horseback riding or common aspirin. Why are synthetic cannabinoids which may one day be safe pain killers banned? It's all Rob Portman's fault! He used banning Super coke as an excuse to ban investigational research chemicals. Rob Portman is also passing a law to strenghten E-verify. Rob Portman SUCKS!

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
piou piou a dit:
What the fuck.

Dude, you are scary.

A really, really nice post tho ! thanks !!!

Does it mean that you keep the memory of what you learned under their effects or does it mean that the cognition boost's lasts more than several half lives of the nootropic (or even an unlimited amount of time) ?

For nootropics, you remember what you study better and the cognitive boost lasts several times the effects of the nootropic substance. The main effects are gone, but residual effects remain and even the brain is stronger and more efficient.

For quasinootropics the effects are only temporary.

I wonder if aceticBenzylPiperazine has nootropic/stimulant/mood elevating potential. It looks similar to sunifiram.
2rdalp3.png

Here's Z-17. It's stronger than methylphenidate and ethylphenidate.
27zodh.jpg

Here's stiminsomfinil. It's metabolites are DMAA and fluorenol(a wakefulness enhancer).
4qn5me.jpg

Link to download a document describing nootropics.
http://www.filedropper.com/nootropic

Methylpheniclone.
Voir la pièce jointe 15297

whzl2a.jpg

zenchou

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Juil 2014
The difference between cognitive enhancers and nootropics is that one is considered and classed as completely nontoxic/nonaddictive/nondangerous and the other is a drug that shows benefits in regards to cognition and memory. Obviously nootropics would be the first one I described, with cognitive enhancers being the latter.

DMAA isn't a nootropic, it's a stimulant. It's a fun stimulant, but unlike caffeine it makes my anxiety really act up as well as my paranoia. If you're looking to find yourself a potent and powerful cognitive enhancer you should look into Sunifiram. There is a pretty good deal of information gathered at https://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/ on a variety of cognitive enhancers and nootropics. Each of the what is pages seems to have a better covering of information than even wikipedia, and also on the Research page you can find a downloadable PDF available that covers all of the Racetams extremely indepth.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
zenchou a dit:
The difference between cognitive enhancers and nootropics is that one is considered and classed as completely nontoxic/nonaddictive/nondangerous and the other is a drug that shows benefits in regards to cognition and memory. Obviously nootropics would be the first one I described, with cognitive enhancers being the latter.

DMAA isn't a nootropic, it's a stimulant. It's a fun stimulant, but unlike caffeine it makes my anxiety really act up as well as my paranoia. If you're looking to find yourself a potent and powerful cognitive enhancer you should look into Sunifiram. There is a pretty good deal of information gathered at https://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/ on a variety of cognitive enhancers and nootropics. Each of the what is pages seems to have a better covering of information than even wikipedia, and also on the Research page you can find a downloadable PDF available that covers all of the Racetams extremely indepth.

5mg to 15mg of 2C-C has anti-anxiety effects. When DMAA is combined with low doses of 2C-C, it get's smoothed out. The 2C-x series at sub-psychedelic doses are nootropics. While DMAA is not a nootropic, it-s a semi-nootropic. DMAA does not cause cognitive damage like speed usually does. Maybe combining choline, a racetam, a low dose of 2C-C and some DMAA could provide an awesome boost in cognition. I find the occasional use of 2m2bOH(2-methyl-2-butanol) to be relaxing. I'm stuck with the 97% purity. It would have been better to get the 99%+ purity, but didn't source any online.

Here's more information. All about nootropics (smart drugs) and what they are. | nootropicsandglitches

Though it's good to be smarter, you need a combination of smartness and increased energy to get stuff done. DMAA could also be stacked with a benzodiazepine to smoothen it out. DMAA could also be stacked with choline or Alpha GPC to smoothen it out. Though I'm curious about PWZ-029. PWZ-029 stacked with benzodiazepines allegedly reverses the mind dulling effects of benzodiazepines without reversing the relaxing effects. PWZ-029 itself is a nootropic and it does not cause anxiety. S-18986 is also interesting. Florenol is also cool. Fluorenol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
Here's a list of cognitive enhancers.
SHD: It's an abbreviation of sub-hallucinogenic dose.

1-Cyclopentyl-2-AminoPropane(cyclopentylaminopropane, norcyclopentamine, CAP)
1-CycloHexyl-2-AminoPropane(cyclohexylaminopropane, norpropylhexedrine, CHAP)
2-Aminoindane
2-Aminotetralin
2-Fluoroamphetamine
2-Phenyl-3,4-Dimethylmorpholine
2C-Bu
2C-C(anti-anxiety)
2C-D(Sub-hallucinogenic dose, SHD)
2C-G-N (2C-NPH)
2C-I(Sub-hallucinogenic dose, SHD)
2C-Ph
2C-Se
2C-T-4(SHD)
2C-x
2-methyl-2-butanol, 2m2bOH(helps you socialize. Anti-anxiety.)
3-Fluoroamphetamine
4-Fluoroamphetamine
5-HTP
a-Et-2C-D
a-PVP
AceticBenzylPiperazine
Agomelatin
Alpha GPC
Amobarbital(may help create selective false memories and experiences you choose with great and vivid memory of the events. May also cause temporary hypermnesia.)
Amfonelic acid
Aniracetam
Arecoline
Atagabalin
Azacyclonol
B Vitamins
Baclofen (Body temperature regulator)
Bacopa
Benzodiezepines
Benzofuranylpropylaminopentane (BFPAP)
Benzothiophenylcyclohexylpiperidine (BTCP)
Boron
Cannabidiol(CBD)
Cashews
Cayenne Pepper
Choline
Citalopram(Anti anxiety)
Clean healthy colon
Coluracetam
CRL-40,941(Fladrafinil)
Cotinine
Cyclazodone
Cyclopentamine
Daffodil
Desoxypipradrol
Dexanabinol
Diclazepam
Diphenidine
DM-235(Sunifiram)
DMAA(Geranamine, DiMethylAmylAmine[safe stimulant])
Donezepil
E-55888
EthylAmphetamine (N-EthylAmphetamine)
Flodafinil
Fluorenol(Hydrafinil)
GABA
Galantamine
GHB(Anti anxiety)
Glaucine
GLYX-13
Haloperidol(anti-psychotic and trip/hallucination terminater)
HU-308
HU-331
Huperzine A
Hyacinth Flower Petals
Hydergine
Hydroxyzine
IAP(IndanylAminoPropane)
Indanetraline
Isopropylamphetamine (N-IsopropylAmphetamine)
Ispronicline
ISRIB, trans-N,N'-(cyclohexane-1,4-diyl)bis(2-(4-chlorophenoxy)acetamide) [Believed to be a significant nootropic]
JWH-200
KA-672
Kanna Fruit
L-arginine
L-Dopa
L-Lysine
L-Theanine
L-Tyrosine
Lanicemine
Lefetamine(combination stimulant and mild pain killer)
Lucidril(Causes temporary hypermnesia)
Magnesium
MDEA (3,4-MethyleneDioxyEthylAmphetamine)
MDO-D
Methionine
Methylenedioxyethylamphetamine
Monolaurin (Glyceryl Laurate)
MT-45 (Pain killer)
Mucuna pruriens (Velvet bean)
Nefiracetam
NESS-0327
Nitrazepam
Nitrous Oxide(When Vitamin B12 is taken an hour before)
Nooglutyl
Norepinephrine
NRX-1074
NSI-189
Omega 3's
Oxiracetam
Periwinkle Flower Petals
Phenibut
Phenylpiracetam
Piracetam
Pitolisant
PP-028
PRE-084
Probiotics
Prolintane
Propranolol
Propylhexedrine
Pramiracetam
Pterostilbene
Purslane plant
PWZ-029
Pyritinol
Quercetin
Racetams
Radequinil
Resveratrol
Rivanicline
Robalzotan
S-17092
S-18,986
SAM-e
Selegiline
Serotonin
Sesamol
Silver
SR-59,230-A
Stiminsomfinil
Sulbutiamine
Sunflower seeds
Tamarind Leaves
Tametraline
Terbequinil
Tetrahydropalmatine
Thiopropamine
Tranylcypromine
TriMethylGlycine(TMG)
UH-232
Unifiram
Vallium(anti-anxiety)
Vinpocetine
Vitamin B6
Vitamin D3
Walnuts
Win-41,528-2 (Fezolamine)
WIN 55,212-2
Xenon
Yogurt
Z-17
Zinc
Zylofuramine

jamesussery

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Juil 2014
Ultra Slim Green Coffee is a great weight loss supplement which is created to help people get slim easily. The solution burns off extra body fat and increases their metabolism level to provide you great slimming results.

If you want to be slim and healthy, make use of Ultra Slim Green Coffee now. This is the best ever weight loss supplement and also there are no side effects of using the same. So what are you waiting for? Get your pack now and be healthy!

more read:------ Ultra Slim Green Coffee Review

alienking

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Juil 2014
hi everyone, new site user here, after years of hearing Joe rogan banging on about DMT and mushrooms i decided i cant wait any longer, i really want to try DMT i have been weed smoker for over a decade but recently cut it out due to my job but i really would like to smoke DMT at least once, i am from the midlands in the UK and was hoping there would be some people near me to help me discover and take it, i would like to be in a safe place with people who know how to guide me through the experience, i cant really afford to travel to peru or source DMT anywhere else unless i really have to, my first port of call was to come here to seek advice and maybe connect with some people in my area, you never now my neighbours could be doing it, i hope the thread is still going and i can find what im looking for, i have done LSD in my early 20s and really loved it, smoked weed like i said and took the occasional ecstasy so im not coming into this blind, ok guys thanks for taking the time to read this and look forward to hearing from you. peac.e nathan

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
This is interesting. According to studies, shrooms (Psylocybe cubensis mushrooms, psychedelic) at low doses can induce the growth of new brain cells.
Study: Psychedelic mushrooms can help spur production of new brain cells - NaturalNews.com
It seems to also reduce negative responses from the amygdala to bad or neutral situations.
Magic Mushrooms May Actually Be Good for the Human Brain - Mic

Nootropic has become a somewhat vague term. Many substances that don't fit the definition of nootropics are quasinootropics (semi-nootropics) Basically, anything that isn't toxic or very damaging fits into a quasinootropic criteria(which are non-toxic "lifestyle enhancers"). Here’s a classification of cognitive enhancers.
Hypranootropics(super nootropics) Nootropics(permanent cognitive enhancement) Quasinootropics(temporary cognitive increase, little or no brain damage. Little to no toxicity or addivetive potential. There wouldn't nessesarily have to be cognitive enhancement as the central theme of quasinootropics are it's low toxicity and low addiction potential) Pseudonootropics(fake nootropics. The effect is temporary and there’s extensive damage, toxicity, and a host of side effects including high addiction potential, blackouts and brain damage)
Side note: Nootropics include mild nootropic, moderate nootropics, and nootropics.
Here are the quasinootropic sub-categories. They are:
Anxiolytic (anti anxiety)
Stimulants
Mood lifters
Concentration enhancers
Memory and problem solving skills enhancers.
Supplements.
Anti-oxidants.
Neuron growers (neurogenesis inducers).
Other (ambiguous, undefined nootropic properties).
The quasinootropics are lifestyle enhancing substances that aren't toxic, psysically addictive, or have toxic metabolites. Since the various fluoroamphetamines fit these criteria, they are quasinootropics. They fit into the stimulant criteria of quasinootropics. 2-methyl-2-butanol is an anti anxiety and it lacks toxic metabolites so it fits into the anti-anxiety criteria of quasinootropics. Indanylaminopropane lifts mood while being non-toxic or non-addictive and fits into the mood elevation criteria of quasinootropics. prolintane is a stimulant that is non addictive, is stronger and smoother than caffeine, is less habit forming than caffeine, takes less of a toll on the adrenal glands, doesn't mess with adenosine receptors, and increases concentration and productivity. Prolintane definately fits into the stimulant sub-criteria of quasinootropics. Quasinootropics are anything that can enhance an aspect of a human in a safe, non-toxic way. Quasinootropics is where the confusion usually arises, but it's much safer than pseudonootropics(fake nootropic, toxic stuff). The 2C-x series display nootropic properties at sub-psychedelic doses and displays the non-toxic quasinootropic properties at even high psychedelic doses due to a relative lack of toxicity. The lack of addiction or toxicity is vital for any chemical to fit into a sub-category of quasinootropics. Whenever there are toxic drug and nootropics, there will always be a HUGE quasinootropic grey area that includes any research chemical that lacks toxicity or addictiveness. Quasinootropic are clearly becoming the "drugs of the future" in a sense due to it's superior safety profile compared to toxic stuff. It's like a hybrid of a hippie and an overachiever.