Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Deja Vu Dreams and Tripping

bloodbrother778

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Avr 2007
I've noticed something strange happening to me lately,
I've been getting quite a few dejavus lately, and for some reason i seem to become aware of them when i'm tripping. I've gotten a very strong feeling of dejavu twice on LSD and, both of those times I remembered that I actually saw what was happening at that moment in a dream a few weeks before it actually happened. There was no mistake about it, when it actually did happen it took me right back to my dream and I could remember it perfectly.
Now my other set of dejavus happened on salvia. For some reason just about every time I had tried salvia after my first time, it seemed to take me back to that first trip, or rather in that first trip I saw many things that were going to happen on my future trips. If compared to the first set it would be like the initial salvia trip was the dream, and the subsequent trips were the LSD. It weirds me out every time this happens. And it's also part of the reason I don't want to do salvia again, because that initial trip wasn't exactly enjoyable.
Now I know that dreams are the common source of dejavus, so I'm not too surprised of the first ones, but what's the deal with me getting these feelings when I'm tripping?
I should also mention that I do not recall ever having a dejavu before I started experimenting with psychedelics.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Well, that's not exactly deja vu. A deja vu is the feeling you get when something happens, or you go somewhere, and you feel you've done it or been there.

What you're getting could be remembered premonitions?

alice-esquecida

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Sept 2007
i agree, that's not really deja vu
Definition: The phrase "deja vu" is French for "already seen" and is used to refer to when a person experiences the feeling that they have seen, experienced, or been someplace before even when they are sure that that is not really true. So, for example, a person who arrives at a new city they have never before visited may experience deja vu on a street, experience the intense feeling that they have been on that street at some point in the past.

Some people who believe in psychic phenomena also believe that the experience of deja vu is evidence of those phenomena. Some may claim that deja vu occurs because a person once saw such a street before remotely, but without realizing it. Others may claim that deja vu is a result of reincarnation - in a past life, the person *did vist that city and that street before.

What i think you are experiencing is something else, that i also have a lot, this dreaming about "future" events. If you believe there is a future... i guess there isn't, everything is just connected and sometimes we perceive it in dreams before it "happens" in the waking life. Nothing special. People have that, they just don't remember it or don't pay a lot of attention to it, normally.

And in your case you only have these "future dreams" when you take LSD or salvia, which is also quite normal, since as you must have heard (entheogenic) drugs open "the doors of perception", which is to say they make you aware of things that you weren't aware of before. I don't think you should worry about it, i think this just means that you get more "connected" to everything when you take entheogenics. However, if you are afraid or don't feel comfortable about taking salvia again then i think you shouldn't do it. It's that simple.

well, this is just my humble opinion.

forgotten-alice

bloodbrother778

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Avr 2007
dejavu is exactly what i described there......
the feeling that i've been there before....
*supposedly dreams are the common sourse of dejavus, when your astral body leaves your physical body and travels around to other places..... and then when you do experience the thing for real, it feels like a dejavu, that's exactly what i had, twice with dreams/lsd, and other times with salvia

they weren't premonitions because i had the intense feeling of actually having been there before, i.e. i actually participated in it instead of simply observing it

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
What I often get on shrooms is that I remember a scene, and it feels real, like a real memory of a real situation. But on the other hand I am pretty sure it's not a real memory but I can't say where it comes from. I could have dreamt it before, or maybe it just appeared in my mind right now, but with Deja-Vu-like qualities.

Sometimes this can really fuck you up because you feel you don't have control over your memories anymore - and memories are a big part of your ego-construct. So this process of "inserting" dream scenes into your real memories is one of the basic tools of ego-death

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Does time exist? Well...seemingly yes...
But the borders might be thinner than imagined. I experienced similar
stuff to what you describe, especially in combination with taking psychadelics but also without. I had it while sleeping and while being awake, but while sleeping it was more like i was really "in it".

It's like you can dream something before it happens... whether it really happens afterwards or not lies in the circumstances that are there.

I know there can be really bad deja-vues that you don't want to have, but they don't exist in vain usually. It gives you the chance to realize something extraordinary. Paying attention to the situation and thoughts can help a lot.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Does time exist? Well...seemingly yes...
But the borders might be thinner than imagined. I experienced similar
stuff to what you describe, especially in combination with taking psychadelics but also without. I had it while sleeping and while being awake, but while sleeping it was more like i was really "in it".

It's like you can dream something before it happens... whether it really happens afterwards or not lies in the circumstances that are there.

I know there can be really bad deja-vues that you don't want to have, but they don't exist in vain usually. It gives you the chance to realize something extraordinary. Paying attention to the situation and thoughts can help a lot.

bloodbrother778

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Avr 2007
i agree with what you say, these dejavu really made me start questioning time and such, i especially remember this from the salvia dejavu, on my first trip it was like i saw flashing images all throughout my life, i did not know what they were at the time so i just assumed they were random, but then when they actually happened in the future i realized that i've already experienced that

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
I'm having a dejavu from the future, surfing to this timecapsule.

Any other folks stuck here in the past ?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
fuck the past. only thing it does is holding you back from the future. :weedman:

but yeah i feel (kind of) stuck in the past as well... i hope i can solve this soon though :p being in the future is way cooler than being in the past

peace

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
BrainEater a dit:
fuck the past. only thing it does is holding you back from the future. :weedman:

but yeah i feel (kind of) stuck in the past as well... i hope i can solve this soon though :p being in the future is way cooler than being in the past

peace

No future no past
No past no future
There's only now.

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
Forkbender a dit:
No future no past
No past no future
There's only now.

No more and no less..
"There's only one instant, and it's right now. And it's eternity"

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
we all have theories on dejavu.
so i'll give u mine.
einstine said, if universe began with a big bang some time it has to hit a wall or end, that it cannot just keep ever expanding.... stay with me...
and that when it hit this boundary it would collapse on itslef but when this happend time space would relapse on itself and his theory was when this happened time would repeat itself from the end to the begining.
stay with me...
he also said it would probably feel like we were just going forward still, so this could be the universe collapsing and we wouldnt know.
i reckon if this were true a DeJaVu is something we feel from already doing it, a time that had a big impact or something we tried to remember.
do u get me?
i had a dejavu about a month ago and later that night had a sniffer dog come up 2 me at a rave and they found drugs on me and got charged
its a peacefull almost tantalising felling aye, strange.

T

theaddiction

Invité
ok, i know what your all talking about - i think.
ive done dejavu before in amounts of 40x, 60x, etc.

even after salvia usage i sort of triggered a weak schizophrenia
which has hopefully been cured with seroquel

and before doing salvia i never felt these dejavus
when i was tripping on salvia there was a strong dejavu sense, and i felt like my memory was being flooded, all i know is it was like i was remembering many many things in the short few min trip, and when im sober (i havent used salvia in 9 months) i still get dejavus and theyre not just in my head.

salvia opened something up for me, and i have this theory.

when i dream at night, i think my some of my energys are outside the dimension of time - i think my salvia experiences unlocked access to outside of time!

so when i do feel these dejavus, its very confusing because it feels like i've definately been there before, but i can't put my finger on 'how long ago' it was, even though its quite obvious that it's happening now, its a weird feeling!!!!

it really depresses me that i have these feelings - i dont think they will ever disappear.

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
"energys outside of time"
soundz like astro traveling?
which along with evrything else has once or twice been reported officialy and is very widely accepted especially in oriental and foreign countries.
and i do think thats a good theory of how you would fell like uv been somewhere be4