Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Being social on LSD

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
OK, I have to admit, I'm not an overly social person to begin with. Well, I love hanging out and getting to know people, but put me in a group with 4 people or more and I tend not to say too much. After taking a tab or two, I'm basically useless in this area, and it has ruined trips for me in the past.

How do others find it when they are on acid? I guess I become a bit too self-aware, especially around people I don't know. On the other hand I know people who seem to become incredibly social on acid at the same time.

Just curious what the experience of others is, because I run into these situations now and then, and it is something I would definitely like to work on obviously to increase my enjoyment of the experience. I actually love the experience of being on acid around people, the movement, the sense of time, the physicality I just really enjoy, until I get freaked out on the interaction side of things. I think next time I drop around people I really want to make my primary focus on being social and having fun, not to the point of getting too anxious about it of course.. easy to say. :roll:

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
well I dont know about being social on acid cause I havent had much luck finding any yet but if youre hanging out with people you arent too familiar with do something outrageous screech start meowing incessently if you've ever seen the movie the Garden State do what that chick does and have a totally original moment do something nobody else has ever done make a random noise and movement and youll probably feel more comfortable hahaha whenever me and my friends are walking somewhere and theres a silence for more than a minute or two we start meowing really loudly no matter where we are it always gives us something to laugh about

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
Gratefully_dead a dit:
well I dont know about being social on acid cause I havent had much luck finding any yet but if youre hanging out with people you arent too familiar with do something outrageous screech start meowing incessently if you've ever seen the movie the Garden State do what that chick does and have a totally original moment do something nobody else has ever done make a random noise and movement and youll probably feel more comfortable hahaha whenever me and my friends are walking somewhere and theres a silence for more than a minute or two we start meowing really loudly no matter where we are it always gives us something to laugh about

yeah, this really works XD

But when i smoke i joint i seem te become very self-aware too. Had many "trips" just figuring out why i felt fucked up.

One moment, i seem to be pretty introvert. The other moment i make everyone laugh...just by "acting"...I seem to be a lot more happy doing the latter..

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
thadivine a dit:
Gratefully_dead a dit:
Had many "trips" just figuring out why i felt fucked up.

OMG man... that's what I just had LOL!!! I hadn't smoked cannabis for 2 weeks, and I smoked some hash like an hour ago. As I was walking home, listening to Shamanix by Hallucinogen, I realised that cannabis makes me able to choose what I'm conscious of and what stays in the inconscious or just isn't part of my conscious. I then realised the source of my badtrips on weed the first times I smoked it. I even intentionnally recreated an effect that was not horrible but just pretty odd... I could feel my ribs (not sure this is the right word) rubbing against my skin, that was a result of the fact that I wasn't aware of my lungs and couldn't feel if I was breathing or not, which was making me panic a little, so I was concentrating on feeling on breathing but didn't do it properly, and felt my ribs rubbing against my skin instead. I could also feel the blood running through my veins, probably because my heart was running at 190 bpm while I was sitting in class because I was also on speed for the first time and it was the second time I was smoking pot in my life (yeah, I was young and stupid :oops: ), but I thought my heart was beating irregularly, so I concentrated on it to see if it was real but so strongly that I became aware of my whole blood system. And so after realising this I, of course, tested this knowledge :p So I intentionnally recreated the effects I mentionned before, and also tons of other very specific things and was impressed of the power. That could also explain why I love music so much while on cannabis ; I become aware of only the music and the minimum I have to for what I'm doing (for example walking --> I'm conscious of music and what's in front of me. Sometimes have to look to see where I am and for crossing streets. Everything else is inconscious or just not conscious)

LOL I'm soooo stoned XD

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. And if that seems nonsens to you just don't pay attention, it's the kind of post I could read tomorrow and laugh my ass off. But for the moment it makes sense!! :shock:

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
:lol: don't worry, it makes a lot of sense..

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i have such posts too, but later, they always make sense :D

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
Psychoid a dit:
thadivine a dit:
Gratefully_dead a dit:
Had many "trips" just figuring out why i felt fucked up.

OMG man... that's what I just had LOL!!! I hadn't smoked cannabis for 2 weeks, and I smoked some hash like an hour ago. As I was walking home, listening to Shamanix by Hallucinogen, I realised that cannabis makes me able to choose what I'm conscious of and what stays in the inconscious or just isn't part of my conscious. I then realised the source of my badtrips on weed the first times I smoked it. I even intentionnally recreated an effect that was not horrible but just pretty odd... I could feel my ribs (not sure this is the right word) rubbing against my skin, that was a result of the fact that I wasn't aware of my lungs and couldn't feel if I was breathing or not, which was making me panic a little, so I was concentrating on feeling on breathing but didn't do it properly, and felt my ribs rubbing against my skin instead. I could also feel the blood running through my veins, probably because my heart was running at 190 bpm while I was sitting in class because I was also on speed for the first time and it was the second time I was smoking pot in my life (yeah, I was young and stupid :oops: ), but I thought my heart was beating irregularly, so I concentrated on it to see if it was real but so strongly that I became aware of my whole blood system. And so after realising this I, of course, tested this knowledge :p So I intentionnally recreated the effects I mentionned before, and also tons of other very specific things and was impressed of the power. That could also explain why I love music so much while on cannabis ; I become aware of only the music and the minimum I have to for what I'm doing (for example walking --> I'm conscious of music and what's in front of me. Sometimes have to look to see where I am and for crossing streets. Everything else is inconscious or just not conscious)

LOL I'm soooo stoned XD

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. And if that seems nonsens to you just don't pay attention, it's the kind of post I could read tomorrow and laugh my ass off. But for the moment it makes sense!! :shock:

In my experience an experiance you make in any trip is going in or going out. Some people are able to choose, others just get 1 kind of trip all the time.

Different drugs feel different in which side you choose. Cannabis gets you a good laugh and talking BS (which you do understand at that moment, and others stoned too). get active with this mostly too. "high"
When i just start sittin saying nothing and come overly aware of my body pains and shit and i start thinking, what is wrong with me, what do i need to change? when i have this i usually get really burned out as well.. and start seeing patterns and shit. I dont have the body pains everytime.
Hartbeat >>> very high, i dont have this very often, but it is sure is fucked up

of course you get get between these sides too, but my experience is that the more i smoke, the more i am pushed to the latter side. Thats why i dont really like weed so much...

With mushrooms you either get pushed to the inner exploration or outer exploration too. I love them both very much, but the inner exploration means more to me i think, and gets me REALLY happy, but it isnt telling me theres all shit wrong with me, well a lil but in a positive kind of way.
A trip to the outside is really nice too and creates a nice bond between the friends you're trippin with.

mushrooms seem to be so much more pleasant for me. And they mean so much more...
But once in a while i really love some weed too, but when i have the effect i mostly think like: hmm, thats not what i wanted...

grttz

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Thanks for the responses.. at GratefullyD yeah that actually makes sense, humor, the act of humor.. (and I actually have friends who do similar things on acid.. meow!) Will remember that!

@Psychoid: No that totally makes sense (heh I think.) When I started exploring mj on my own in a more say. ritualistic way, I coud feel the movment of my conscious awareness focusing and shifting between my senses, or my surroundings or even my physicality. We do this all the time subconsciously, as really, we can only take in a limited amount of information at any given time. But I started tripping out on the actual movement of focusing on my body, then shifting to say my surroundings, then shifting to music, etc (outside of the music or whatever I was focusing on).

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I love "shifting" as you put it stbot. I love exploring my reality while on mj. Whether it be hearing a sound and just focusing enough for it to be crystal clear or focus on the minuscule sounds around you that your brain never really picks up. (Good example. If I walked into a friends house I would know if someone had the TV on mute without being able to see. It produces a high pitch frequency)

Or your eyes. I've noticed I can control the muscles that focus and blur so easily and can switch between the two quite fast. Or you can focus on colors in the same way you did for sounds.

Or I think of a body part maybe one you wouldn't normally notice like your elbow. Just a thought can produce a tingle in that region of skin. Or you can change the feelings. Like fingers walking across or a poke. Heat / Cold. Wet / Dry. Etc.

(again I dunno why im into offtopic posts today :))

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
kcar181 a dit:
Or your eyes. I've noticed I can control the muscles that focus and blur so easily and can switch between the two quite fast.

Do your pupils appear to be like shaking when you do this?

I don't know if I explain myself well, I mean like move from left to right and back REALLY fast. If this is the case, that's really cool!! I guy from my school used to do it... I never could..

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
When I'm on shrooms when I look at my eyes in the mirror my pupils keep dilating then constricting, then dilating again etc...

I don't know if it is real of just hallucination though XD

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
No I cant do that unless im on E lol then its just automatic and VERY annoying to me

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
???????? a dit:
kcar181 a dit:
Or your eyes. I've noticed I can control the muscles that focus and blur so easily and can switch between the two quite fast.

Do your pupils appear to be like shaking when you do this?

I don't know if I explain myself well, I mean like move from left to right and back REALLY fast. If this is the case, that's really cool!! I guy from my school used to do it... I never could..

hahah i can do that too :D

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
For me, the key to being social on acid is 1. (the obvious one) Set and Setting and 2. Compainions you are comfortable with.

I've had a few trips where we dropped without much consideration for the set and setting and with people who i only know somewhat, and they made for very awkward and introverted trips. We were all near each other, but there was no much being said and little interaction in general.

On the other hand, when you have a pleasent set and setting, and the people you will be tripping with are good friends of yours, being social comes naturally and easily. I won't go into the importance of set and setting because there is tons literature about that all ready, however at least IMO, the good companion aspect is worth noting. LSD is a really powerful substance, and it makes the trip so much better if you do not have to be self conscious because of "strangers". With good friends around, you can really let yourself go, and fully experience the trip. Knowing your companions well allows you all to open up more, and really share the experience.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
On acid you encounter everything that normally gives you slight hesitation around other peole times 100. Being among people on acid would really be therapeutic, although it might be a bit heavy for inexperienced trippers.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
When tripping, you're hypersensitive for slight negative energy, and being social towards others gives a collective fine atmosphere. As well as realising that your company is appreciated.

LSD = you get what you give mentality. It's essential that the others you trip with do have a similar respons to it.

No habits should be weird, every emotional expression or way of behaviour needs fully it's space to come down.

With LSD this can be tricky, quite different reactions are possible depending on who's taking it.

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
My key to being social on acid is to simply go into the trip social.

I've had a trip where I sat around a fire with a bunch of friends as well as a few I was not familiar with. No one really spoke, so as we came up we all kind of went into our own "individual trips" but especially me. As I peaked on that trip I physically couldn't speak simply because it was as if I had forgotten how to. I hardly said anything for over 12 hours.

Another trip was with me and a similar group of friends / kids. This time though, we sat around a picnic table and chatted and smoked bowls. I brought a pad of paper and I shared it with others, so as we came up we were all very social and I was social the entire trip.

Everyone told me I was acting very social and normal that trip, which I almost never do, I'm usually completely silent and looking afraid, though I'm usually loving life.

That was my most recent trip so I'm going to make an effort to go into it socially again next time... which is in two days :D

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Thanks again for the feedback all.. yeah Creatus I've been literally in exactly the same situation as you, where I ended up around a campfire not so much not able to speak as not even wanting to, for like the longest 6 or 7 hours of my life. :? Fortunately all my trips since then have been terrific. I'm going to be in a similar situation again quite soon and yeah, maybe going into the trip engaged in social activity might make a huge difference. I'm looking forward to it in any case! :D

LiquidL

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Jan 2008
This is an interesting topic. I have seen discussion on other forums about the social advantages of doing low-dose LSD tripping. Apparently, people swear that a weak tab ~50-60 mcg before a night out is like taking speed but without the inherent dangers of actually doing speed! You supposedly get the speediness and alertness to talk to people and interact without having the mind fuck retarding you. Have yet to try the low-dose social experiment out myself and looking forward to it! I have had numerous LSD trips and it seems like it should work from my perspective.