Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why We're Bipolar: Normal Life Sucks!

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
yeah good video, thanks for sharing

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
"The really hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives, that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does. They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted, still cherish 'the illusion of individuality,' but in fact they have been to a great extent deindividualized. Their conformity is developing into something like uniformity. But uniformity and freedom are incompatible. Uniformity and mental health are incompatible too. . . . Man is not made to be an automaton, and if he becomes one, the basis for mental health is destroyed."

- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World Revisited

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Really good. That ego vs. soul theory also explains why a good trip is such an effective anti-depressant.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
interesting that the guy of the video hasn't tried psychedelics ever.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Fascinating indeed !

I don't need psychedelics to have visionary experiences however, sometimes I have some of those dreams, where you wake up and it takes all your will power not to explode with emotion because what you saw, you never could have imagined !

But they do lift the veil up to one point. The ego is merely a processing center for information , dividing into archetypes and anglic tongues. It only becomes the challenger if we let it work on its own, its song is deafening and noone really likes the coherence of "real" to be destroyed by listening to the ego needs.

I am that new man, I have done what needed to be done because it is me who did it. The ego serves me, I serve humanity, humanity serves earth, earth serves itself because it is the living grail... well for us at least it is :)