Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Semilanceata season is comming: Picking topic

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Does anyone have a key or another determination method for P.semilanceata in western europe?
What other mushrooms do resemble semilanceatas?

Any info about wild magic mushrooms is welcome...

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
good, Ab Klink should read this..

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
To confuse Semilanceata with any other mushroom is nearly imposible unless you are dont know what you are doing / looking for . I`ve only ever seen one type of mushroom that looked a little similar but aftert a closer look it was obviously not one . Semilanceata bruise blue . If you find out their size , the shape , the gills form ,the gill colour , the spore colour and where they grow and bruise them you wont have any problems once you have found a few .

Semilanceata are much smaller than Psilocybe Cyanescens and weigh a lot less . Weight for weight dryed the semilanceata are usualy as strong or stronger . Semilanceata dont grow out of dung .

If you look at fotos of Galerina and semilanceata i see no similarity .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If i`d only had Semilanceata from holland or the the part of europe that i live in i would say the same . Luckily i`ve had them from england and wales to . I`ve also seen scientific analysies that showed that semilanceata are generaly stronger than psilocybe cyanescens . Plus when i used to sell mushrooms the welsh and english semilanceata were much more popular and always ran out before the german and dutch semilanceata and the psilocybe cyanescens .

I think it has very much to do with where they come from , the individual straingenetics and in what conditions they grow .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
a friend of mine from Utrecht used to visit me every year to pick Psilocybe sem. he was well travelled-south america, india and parts of africa. he classed the ones he picked close to where i live as some of the best in the world. ive only tried 3or 4 other species and i would say they are pretty strong. when they were legal to pick :wink: i would give some to friends with a warning. generally experienced mushroom heads would ask WTF i put in the mushrooms. if you pick them on a sunny day they are already blue. 3 or 4 gram dried weight would be fairly full on for most. thats 30-40 mushrooms. this is a fairly distinct variant growing on one hill, around 50km long. they have less of a "liberty cap"- the cap worn by libertarians during the french revolution- shape. they still couldnt be mistaken for any other mushroom growing nearby.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i dont know if cyans occur naturally here. i think not. there are so many psilocybes that you never have to look too hard to find them. i used to pick them in someones garden. if you went at 1am you could stand on the pavement and pick a stretch of garden 10mx2m. under the street light you could get 1000mushrooms. around 100g if they were dried.

unfortunately mushrooms are now as illegal as heroin and crack here, even fresh.
i always wear cammo clothing when i pick now just to be as discrete as possible

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I have read that librty caps are the most common / wide spread psilocybe mushroom . Psilocybe cyanescens do grow in the UK , thats where they were first found / identifyed , but if one doesnt know them they are hard to find . I looked for more than 20 years before i found any .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
GhostlyOne17 a dit:
Isn't it ironic how they grow in disturbed areas that humans dwell in....
Like they feel they might have a function there... :)

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I remember that the first two times i tried mushrooms, the smartshop where i did buy them had only illegal dried mushrooms. I am almost sure it where semilanceatas. But my point here is, from what i remember the effects where so different from the mushrooms i took after this semilanceatas. This trip was so clear and the effects where totally different then as i trip now on Mexican or Hawaiian mushrooms. Can it be, that the effects from this mushrooms are different from the cubensis en Hawaiian strings?

This year i am surely gonna try to find some of these mushrooms.... I really want to find out if the above could be true.....

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
P.Semilanceata are generaly much stronger than P.Cubensis weight for weight , and because the amount you have to eat is smaller it comes on stronger . They are also suposed to be generaly stronger than Hawaiians . Hawaiians contain Psilocin and are supposed to be a smoother trip .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ive just found the first Psilocybe semilanceata of the year. unfortunately 1 is little use but it means others will be up very soon :D

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
The first to experiences on P. Semilanceata where much smoother then i experienced on the cubensis and Hawaiian mushrooms. Maybe it's because of the dosis witch was not much. I remember that i only got a view P. Semilanceata mushrooms. But from what i can remember it where the best two trips i ever got on mushrooms.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
ive just found the first Psilocybe semilanceata of the year. unfortunately 1 is little use but it means others will be up very soon Very Happy

Where do you live man!? I wish i already could find them over. ;)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
They grow from mid august to mid january depending on the frost . The most common time to find them is from september to november . The often grow in big troops .

They like parks , golf cources , heaths and fields that have not been plowed or fertilised . Good fields are often fields that are to steap to work with machines .

The caps are from 3/16 - 1 inch wide and about 1.5 times as high . They usualy look like a french liberty cap from the french revolution . Mostly they have a nipple on top , and sometimes a slimy , gelatine like coating on the cap . They come from buff / beige / skin colour when dry to dark brown when wet .

The stems are usualy from 1 - 3 inches long and about 1/10th of an inch thick . The stems are from white to cream and paler than the cap . When you bruise them they usualy show a blueing reaction .

The gills are from creme when they are young to dark brown - black tinged with purple when old .

Heres more info :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybe_semilanceata

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitzkegeliger_Kahlkopf

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"I wish i already could find them"

Try looking on dykes where sheep have grased .