Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

writing an article

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
I have neither the time nor the skills to write such an article, but I thought it would be nice if someone could write an article around the story of Francis Crick, who discovered the doublt-helix structure of DNA.

I've seen a lot of articles on psychedelics in major newspapers and magazines recently. I'm quite sure they would publish a nicely written article about the above-mentioned event, and a discussion of the "problem solving psychedelic" in general. The article must contain original content, and perhaps some creative members on this forum can help out by creating a couple of unique illustrations, using images of Crick, DNA, LSD and related themes.

I could help out editing the text, but honestly, I can't write one. I think it's an idea that could very well work out. Anyone here who would like to give it a try? We could all contribute by searching for information about past research into the "problem solving" qualities of psychedelics and making suggestions for the structure of the article.

I'm thinking Playboy magazine, National Geographic, The Times, San Fransisco Chronicle etc.

Some sources to start of with:

Nobel Prize genius Crick was high on LSD when he discovered the secret of life:
http://www.hallucinogens.com/lsd/francis-crick.html

LSD — The Problem-Solving Psychedelic (by P.G. Stafford and B.H. Golightly)
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/stafford.htm

watson-crick.jpg

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
hmm i wonder whether you might want to slightly refomulate the focus you'd be putting on the mentioned topic. the question is how much does a certain polarization in a discussion about a disctinct subject, generally speaking, depend on the consumers of the information, or should be depending on them, and if so how is their attitude towards the information and the possible intent "behind the information".

in other words: what would you want to be changing by writing such an article and how could it possibly be changed???

i'll give the subject some thought. let's see, maybe i'll get something useful out of it, which i can contribute.

peace :weedman:

Sprax

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Juin 2009
It's an interesting subject but not interesting enough to the general public - not already interested in psychedelics - to warrant anything but a short article, imo. You seem to express yourself well and you’re interested in the subject, I don’t see why you don’t try writing it yourself. Don’t underestimate yourself.

Personally I have neither the time nor, not being a native english speaker, the confidence. I would be willing to help with editing though. A second opinion is always valuable. Feel free to PM me.

madprossor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
iirc Doc Ellis pitched a no-hitter tripping nuts, but you don't see a bunch of major league pitchers lining up to use lsd as a pre-game supplement today. ditto for the scientists...?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
we need more appreciation and information to be distributed freely in the masses. the image of a substance that collectively and individually exists in people's brains, goes hand in hand, with the biased and brainwashed opinions that they swallow as if their lives depended on the propaganda.
as long as they aren't unplugged, they are enemies, because they do fight to protect the system.
the power of the collective takes over decisions of individuals, because as it is said "the herd is blind".
so better play it wise, like old men, or our precious goal of a peaceful world, will succumb to blindness, ignorance and violence...
which for me at least is clearly not wished for. what i instead try to suggest is more like a way to illustrate the subject of matter in a way, that it is seen for what it is and for what it could be.
thus people can associate to that in a as gently as possible forced positive expectation attitude. generally speaking my opinion towards this is based on the impression of mine, that it neither makes sense to over-glorify the truth in psychadelic drugs too much, nor does it make sense to overly trying to define them as harmless...
today's wars are fought over information, more than ever, i suppose...