Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

the dank anxiety [help for an ex-stoner]

lobsterapples

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Mai 2015
So i've heard 2 main explanations of why pot gives some ppl more paranoia then others (besides just putting it off to genetics which i find limiting):

1- pot exposes existing problems and be equivalent to having a bad trip via finding disturbing things in the unconscious

2- pot "vibrates" at a certain frequency and if you are above that in you're sober state then it will bring u downwards resulting in paranoia

I've heard the 2nd one a few times on different spiritual type places (i could find a link if ppl dont understand) but my problem with it is that if u believe it then why don't spiritually adept ppl have a bad time with alcohol or stimulants (which r supposedly low vibration)???

and after that, if it is the 1st one where it is basically exposing some preexisting insecurity then would smoking more help with the problem? kinda like facing the bull and not backing down, or do those th

dumbbledore

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Mai 2015
Hey, can we all just agree that the vibration piece you are mentioning here is just a conceptualization created by the human mind, like Christianity? I personally will speak no more of "vibrations" since it is over simplifying true reality and thus detrimental. But if you want to go deeper, then let's.

I experience extremely wicked highs on high doses of pure marijuana. So much so that, I experience a bad trip about 2-3% of the time. Yesterday I had an extremely bad trip, because I actually forgot where I was driving home. I was a minute from my house on a well travelled route, and I couldn't think my path through. I realized that my memory had detached itself, and I was no longer able to use that part of my mind. I panicked, because I had never experienced this before. I've had bad trips, but never actually became "impaired". I never considered marijuana capable of truly impairing you. Until now. (Since this happened yesterday night on my birthday.)

I have to reflect on what happened, and if perhaps there was some other chemical affecting me last night. I went to eat at a chinese restaurant called the Manderin for my birthday. I had a wonderful experienced stoned there. But on the drive home, that's when things got crazy. I ended up parking my car and wondering around until I remembered my life and where I lived (took about 10-15 minutes).

During the time I lost my memory, I had some wild thoughts. I was mostly just scared I had gone crazy or dimentia or pschitzophrenic, etc... But I have great experience with these thoughts and made a promise to myself a long time ago never to entertain such thoughts until drugs were completely out of my system for at least 2 days. Then, if I'm still experiencing horrid things, I will leave myself open to the paranoia of going crazy.

Anyways... as you can see, the depths of drugs are really only limited by the depths of the mind that uses them. I am an ultra-intelligent person making over a million dollars a year and I'm only in my twenties. I consider myself smart, and I use marijuana to enhance my natural abilities. Most of the time I receive beneficial affects. It motivates me to excercise, gives me deeper insights into some of the abstract problems I face on a daily basis in my job, and so forth. But, if all I do when I smoke weed is watch youtube or movies, etc... then it descends me into a foggy beast, and I'll naturally consume junk food which I later resent myself for doing.

At the end of the day, the most important thing to remember is this: Get your life together. Know what you want from your drugs. Prepare your setting before taking drugs. Never use drugs more than once or twice a week. Believe that you don't even need drugs, but you choose to take them since they add to your life experience.

And always remember that a bad trip is a risk we all take, but if you take the proper precautions and hold the correct mindset, you can overcome bad experiences and they will make you stronger as a human being. Just use my rule of thumb: "Never entertain thoughts of paranoia until 2 days after the drugs. If symptoms persist more than 2 days after, then start entertaining them you should."

EDIT: to answer your question... I could make the case that you want to eventually face the bull, but you do not want to do so without the correct training. You don't just fear drugs, and then do them to conquer the fear. You need education, meditation, spiritual education, and a positive mindset. Once you are armed with these tools, you can face the bull. Don't back down due to a bad experience. Face the bad experience, learn about yourself and what you are afraid of, tell yourself that you are not limited by anything other than yourself. Once you realize that you are the only person holding you back, you can face any fear and eventually come out on top.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
it,s not the plant that makes people paranoid. It,s the reaction of the human mind on the plant.
Cannabis can be psychedelic. Cannabis may have a reputation of being mellow and relaxed. If you use strong cannabis, you can have a strong reaction to it.
Hallucinations (with eyes closed) can be experience. Paranoia,laughter,weird ideas, can be experienced. It,s just like with other (more) psychedelic plants. You need to take care of set and setting. Cannabis with a bad set and setting can also turn into hell.

Everybody has an experience on cannabis. It,s how you mind reacts to it and how you deal with it. Everybody,s mind and body works differently. it is an interaction between. Body(brain), mind (psychology) and the plant/substance.
some people like cannabis and other don,t. Some people have a strong reaction, and others may not have such a strong reaction.
The same thing goes for alcohol or any other substance. Why do some people (example) become agressive from drinking alcohol?

All this talk about vibrations is spiritual hogwash if you ask me. It is meaningless nonsense.
I do not have anything against spirituality. But this just doesn,t make any sense.
How would one become paranoid because of vibrations? how does this work?
Paranoia is an illusion of the mind. Paranoia has nothing to do with vibrations, it is your mind that is making up stories.