Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The Ayahuasca that forgot to give effect

dimimo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Mar 2004
Hi dear trippers,

On my last visit to my friend in South Africa I brought Ayahuasca (pack #2), 3 packets for 3 persons. I prepered the mixture as explained, kept it in a glass bottle and 5 days later we went up the mountains at a very remote and old place with rock painting from the Bushmen.

But something went wrong, no effect at all struck us, the Ayahuasca left us in 'darkness'. /forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif What went wrong?

I cooked both substances appart for about 4 hours, pouring more water in when necessary. The Banisteriopsis caapi (the MOA inhibitor) was drained 4 times untill the water didn't got brown anymore, of course I saved the drained water. The Jurema preta (the working substance of the Ayahuasca) I didn't drain (was already in powderform anyway), just added some water from time to time. Then I mixed both liquids together in one bowl and let it cook out untill I had nearly one litter left, this was saved in the glass bottle.

What did I do wrong? I really want to understand this for I know Ayahuasca from Peru and from daime-ceremonies in Belgium, the effect isn't strange to me. Can someone help me out if possible? You can imagine we were all quiet dissapointed... /forum/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Thanks in advance and keep on exploring our invisible Universe!

G

Invité
you need to take the MAOI (caapi in this case) about an houre before the dmt containing brew.

That's what I think. the MAOI needs to take effect first and that takes a while

dimimo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Mar 2004
Thanks for your interesting consideration, you may be right. I didn't find any explanation like this on the documentation in the Ayahuasca pack. The 4 times I drank Ayahuasca both were already mixed together, 3 of them were comming from Brazil in liquid form and still very powerfull.

Any other suggestions maybe? It could be helpfull to others as well. Could it be I had to filter also the Jurema preta dust that was sinking pretty fast in the bottle out of the liquid?

Thanks for any ideas!

ACid_BuRN

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
1 Déc 2002
So...can any of you explain the mixture & making off Ayahuasca more precisely,please?It's just that me and three friends are about to order some,but i needed to get a correct idea about the dosage and the best dmt containing plants to combine,if possible?thanks anyway.
Dimitrip,can you give me some hints on your personal experiences with ayahuasca?
Stay Cool.

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
Some people seem to drink both liquids mixed as one, and it works just fine. Maybe you didn't have enough of the DMT component, or the preparation process destroyed the alkaloids? Sometimes ayahuasca just doesn't work, and in such cases it is just better to try again later.

You said you had about a liter of the liquid? I think that's quite a lot and you could easily have used less water in the preparation. No need to torture yourself.

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
well I haven't tried ayahuasca yet but from what i read it was probably too low of a dose....50gr caapi is more like it..and getting mhrb and not in powder might also be better, cause maybe they powdered the root and not the rootbark which contains less dmt

these are dosage for a regular experience :

Ayahuasca :

Banisteriopsis caapi, 50-70 g
Psychotria viridis (leaves), 40-50 g

Analogues :

Peganum harmala (graines), 3-5 g
Mimosa hostilis (rootbark), 8-11 g

having one liter for 3 doses is a lot, something like 50-100ml/dose should be enough...just boil down the exceeding water

and don't forget a ayahuasca preparation that didn't work, did actually not work for your sake. Respect the plant and maybe next time it will work.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
From what I have seen in a documentary ("Shamans of the Amazon" a link to the file was recently posted somewhere on this forum) the shaman cooked everything together in one pot. He used a lot of roots and only four or five of the psychotria leaves. Probably the fresh leaves from the jungle are pretty strong?

My experience with the ******* packs has also been quite disappointing because the dose was too low. First time I used pack #1 which didn't result in any effects (I didn't drink it all at once because I was a little afraid).
The second time I used pack #3 and took all of the peganum harmala (5g) which was definitely enough MAOI. I drank the Psychotria tea 20 minutes later and I definitely felt some nice effects (closed-eye visuals, very colorful) and I felt absolutely beautiful, but it wasn't enough for a real journey.

I cross-checked the effects of 5g Peganum Harmala a few weeks later with a medium amount of shrooms and it was unspeakable... clearly said the most mystical, deepest, darkest, strongest and longest shroom trip I ever experienced (I'm not sure I ever want to go to this place again...)

So, I concluded the 30g dried Psychotria leaves just didn't contain enough dmt for a real trip. I guess you'd have to use 60g so you have some reserve left when you see that 40g or so isn't enough.

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
where do they get their ingredients from, anyone knows? theres plenty of mimosa species for example, only the mexican mimosa hostilis contains very high amounts of DMT (up to 1%), next in line would be the brasilian mimosa species which contain up to 0.6% of DMT, everything else would not do it. im not sure about the psychotria species now, could it be the same? well, anyway, good that i read about it here ... i bought my ingredients elsewhere now.