Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Small chillums on bongs

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
I just bought a new bong a few days ago. It's a simple acrylic bong.

This baby hits like a cannon. Definitely no complaining about that. But there's one thing which irritates me a bit and that's the small chillum. The chillum is very very small and it has an irritating shape.

All acryllic bongs which I can find here in shops have this very small chillum.

For example the bong on this website:
http://www.hanfjournal.de/tip_des_hause ... ttip=1_257

Does anybody know why all acryllic bongs are sold with this very small chillum? Why don't they sell them with a normal pipehead where a screen fits in there?

Or am I just the only one who thinks these chillums could be from a better/bigger size?

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I always like it if there a bit bigger. Some of them arent't even big enough for a standard screen !

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
yeah i got around 10 bongs but i use 1 bowl for most of them (my biggest bong has a big bowl too, but its too big for normal bongs)
it really sucks if the bowl is too small for a screen

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
The small conic-shaped pipe-heads are not intended to use with pipe screens. You have to smoke them in one turn until everything is burnt and the ashes is sucked through the chillum into the water. This way you don't have to empty the chillum after smoking, but you have to change the water more often because of the ashes in there.

When I was younger everyone smoked their bongs like this, you don't waste much weed/hash because everything is smoked in one big draw.

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
well the screen is only there to prevent the hash from falling/being sucked into the water. you can also take 1-hitters with 'normal' bowls..
but you smoke the bowl without a screen? i think there would be hash falling down, unburnt.. but hey, i might check it out. it just doesnt seem very logical to me :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
If you mix your hash/weed with tobacco usually nothing falls down through the small hole (it can't be too big, of course, or everything will fall through).
You can also use a little pure rolling tobacco as a "screen" if your tobacco/weed mix is very fine.
You'll have to smoke it right for it to work - as soon as the mix is burning down you'll have to draw really hard to make it all go down the chillum. Beginners usually can't do it right and clutter up the whole chillum :lol:

There's even a name for these kind of heads in German, we call them "Flutsch-Köpfchen" which means something like "little slide head" :)

I guess the reason why people smoke these is that if many people smoke from a bong a screen needs to be cleaned/replaced pretty often. I can't think of another reason, I only know that almost everyone here smoked their bongs like that a few years ago.

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
well i dont really agree with the screens.. if you clean (burn) a screen once every 3 times you can use it for a long time.. besides they are very cheap, over here they cost 0.15e/piece

and i smoke my hash pure, but i understand it now ;) i guess it wont work with pure hash hehe :P and im not gonna smoke tobacco so ill stick with bigger bowls and screens

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
Ok, so I see how these small chillums are used.

But they still suck... I'm not a big a smoker, but these things are just too small. And I stil wonder why ALL bongs are sold with them, most people I know around me just don't understand it either.

Anyway, a lot of hassle later, I got my bigger chillum/head... More hits from one filled bong suits me better in stead of one and start over again all the time.

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
Ok, so I see how these small chillums are used.

But they still suck... I'm not a big a smoker, but these things are just too small. And I stil wonder why ALL bongs are sold with them, most people I know around me just don't understand it either.

Anyway, a lot of hassle later, I got my bigger chillum/head... More hits from one filled bong suits me better in stead of one and start over again all the time.

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
i got my big bowl with the very first bong i bought :) since then i got/bought 6 more bongs and only 1 other had a bigger head. thats 2 out of 7 ^^
just gotta keep it clean and then its no problem actually