Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

OBE's and NDE's

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
what's the problem with coincidence?
it's not so much the negation of coincidence that "bothers" me - actually I don't really care - it is more so the ongoing tendency to give/see meaning to/in everything that I find a bit tiresome in some people. (I see that this is not the same as saying that there is no coincidence, just want to know what you find objectionable about the idea)

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Apart from what I think of it, why do you consider it bothersome? Isn't it rather that you are bothered by them confronting or bothering you with them seeing meaning in every coincidence? Very small difference, I admit, but an important distinction to be made in my opinion. Either way, why do you let yourself be bothered by it?

For me, it is not so much that I see some grand meaning behind every coincidence. I just consider them to be beautiful. It has a certain "magic" to it. In a way, all of life is one big coincidence (and isn't this the same as stating there is no coincidence?), but regarding those more "obvious" coincidences this becomes, well, more obvious. :p
It "emphasizes" the beauty of life/reality to me, you could say.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
that is a good question indeed. I suppose it is because I caught myself every now and then in the past month trying to somehow form the present experience into something 'special', which is a similar process that I don't have so much regard for. stupid to think about, beautiful to actually see it :D

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"into something special"

for me, it is more like having a conversation (of the senses) that you may choose to take part in or simply observe. and i wouldn't necessarily consider it always 'good'- if that's what you perhaps implied with "special". though there is a certain solace in having the third perspective...

things do come in waves, so it can be beneficial to (recognize &) ride certain waves, but also in more "desperate" times, to know when to simply wait for the tide to come back.

if it ebbs, it must flow :D

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
special in terms of magical, you know this kind of thing, you are outside and nature and everything give you this lucid feeling of aliveness. you once had that, and in one moment or another you try to live it again, so to mould the present by what you've experienced in the past, try to live something pleasurable again. it's just that the past is dead, and if you occupy your mind with something dead you'll be dead inside too.

but yes, it ebbs and flows :D sometimes one forgets.

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Indeed, one should not look for this magic, or these conicidences, in everyday experience, but should just enjoy it/them while it/they present themselves. :D

This is pretty much the same as that one should not search for enlightenment or try to achieve enlightenment, for enlightenment is already here; you are already enlightened. - Just be.