Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

New Receptor Complex Identified In Brain

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
ScienceDaily (Feb. 28, 2008) — Mount Sinai researchers have identified a new receptor complex in the brain that responds to several types of antipsychotic drugs used to treat schizophrenia and also reacts to hallucinogenic drugs such as LSD.

The study done in mice identified that the two receptors, neurotransmitters glutamate and serotonin, interact and work as a hybrid complex. Hallucinogenic drugs, such as LSD and psilocybin, act at serotonin receptors to cause responses similar to some of the core symptoms of schizophrenia. The researchers showed that the glutamate receptor interacts with the serotonin receptor to form functional complexes in brain cortex. This receptor complex triggers unique cellular responses when targeted by hallucinogenic drugs.

Read the entire text here:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080226193113.htm

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
thanks!! that's interesting...also the thing with glutamate...i think they put that in some foods for making it taste more..??

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
that is monosodium glutamate specifically it's L-glutamate and is carcinogenic
it is not the same as our neurotransmitters (which is the most aboundant neurotransmitter in our brains)

zarlack_galactic_explorer

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
damn! even our food contains carnigogens? so as well as moving from smoking joints to vapourizers i have to move from buying food to growing my own fruits and vegetables, niiice

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Hey that's what i always say ^^

G

Invité
in the next 20 years we will all develop pet-cancers.
just try to pay your taxes on time...