Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

mushroom extraction help

voodookyd

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Sept 2011
Hello fellow psychonauts,

im trying out an everclear Psilocybin extract heres the link for reference

http://deoxy.org/wiki/Mushrooms/Alkaloid_Extraction

so where it says to filter and strain the mushrooms with coffee filters i was thinking to put the mushrooms in a large tea bag then let that soak in everclear so that durring the hot water bath, i dont have to use different containers and filter it i can just squeeze the tea bag of soaking mushrooms. my only fear is that the crystals will form in the bottom of the tea bag :?: any help please :D

molecularconcept

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Avr 2010
Impretty sure psilocin dosent crystalize so easily. I think youllbe left with a tincture or maybe some sludge if you evap all the ethanol you can.

molecularconcept

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Avr 2010
Freeze precipitating I see. I guess i was wrong! Stillyour teabag willbe out. Of the equation bythe time you precip yor crystals

voodookyd

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Sept 2011
thanks really helped, now hopefully my grow kits will arrive soon so i can get the boomers to extract

entin99

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Oct 2007
Dear Dr. Shulgin:

A friend of mine performed a Soxhlet extraction of 12 grams of powdered Psilocybe cubensis, using 95% ethanol. When the 60 mL of extract cooled to room temperature, many small transparent, colorless crystals had formed on the bottom of the container and did not redissolve on agitation. Do you know what these crystals are? -- Journeyman

Dear Journeyman:

There is a fascinating report in the literature that gives a quantitative measurement of the efficiency of extraction of both psilocybin and psilocin from the mushroom Psilocybe bohemica. The citation to the article is Kysilka, R. and Wurst, M., Planta Med. Vol. 56 pp. 327-328 (1990). These Czechoslovakian scientists studied the efficiency of both methanol and ethanol as solvents, each containing varying amounts of water. The results were, to me, both unexpected and most provocative.

The isolation of psilocybin seemed to be quite reasonable. This alkaloid is reasonably soluble in boiling water from which it can be nicely crystallized. It is less soluble in boiling methanol, and almost insoluble in boiling ethanol. And the extraction efficiency is optimum with methanol and almost as good with ethanol. With both, the less water present, the better. The compound is, after all, a perfect example of a zwitterion, the internal salt of a phosphoric acid and an amine base.

But the numbers with psilocin are strange. With aqueous ethanol, the optimum extraction was with a 70% ethanol concentration, and the extraction efficiency dropped almost to zero when there was no water present. But methanol was extremely inefficient regardless of the amount of water present in it. These researchers were apparently surprised by these findings, as they explored further and uncovered other clues. Time is a factor. Psilocin is extracted at a much slower rate than is psilocybin because it is contained intracellularly in the plant, and thus slower to be gotten out. They conclude that many of the low psilocin assays of mushrooms are due to this difficulty of getting the alkaloid out of the plant and into the extracting solvent. Using this information they determined that the levels of psilocybin and psilocin are substantially the same in Psilocybe bohemica, in conflict with the published literature values where very small amounts of psilocin were observed.

Efficient extraction apparently requires patience.

As to the identity of the crystals that were drifting around in the cooled Soxhlet receiver, from their being insoluble in ethanol, and white, and transparent, I would guess that you are seeing pure psilocybin.

-- Dr. Shulgin

Steinlager

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Juil 2012
All I can tell you is wot swim has experienced and psilocybin can be a very dangerous substance if too much is taken, honestly it is best not to concentrate this into a pure form. Goldtops grow wild naturally where I live and so maybe they are of a high quality when mature but 1 or 2 eaten hit the spot otherwise they can be boiled in a pot with water to make a tea and then strained through a coffee filter as described above (tea bag), this way it is less concentrated and you can come back again when you are finished ;)