Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Is or isn't MHRB active on its own

joevortex

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2006
This one thing I keep hearing that it is ,but I never read a comfirmed report about it.Is there anyone out there that tried it and can say that mimosa hostilis rootbark is active on its own without needing to consume any MAOI's?

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
joevortex a dit:
This one thing I keep hearing that it is ,but I never read a comfirmed report about it.Is there anyone out there that tried it and can say that mimosa hostilis rootbark is active on its own without needing to consume any MAOI's?

Technically, you could crush and snort it or smoke it, but gathering from posts concerning this on Ayahuasca.com, neither method is really effective. Mimosa contains DMT, so naturally drinking it with a MAOI is not the only possible way of getting an effect out of it, but for other methods I'd suggest either trying an extraction or just moving on to Yopo.

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
scinet i think you misunderstood joevortex. mimosa hostilis is said to contain its own MAOI, at least they have found ß-carbolines in it but the question would be, is it enough to make it oraly active without any additives? i only know about older traditional cultures that mixed the rootbark-powder with passionfruit-juice (which is also said to contain small amounts of MAOI), i never heard or read about the usage of mimosa hostils alone, though.

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
themoles a dit:
scinet i think you misunderstood joevortex.

On a second thought, I probably did. There seems to be some contention about this, so I guess the only way to find out would be to brew a suitable dose of it and see what happens. There's really no physical/mental harm in trying. Depending on your source for the plant it may lighten your wallet a bit though.

Personally I think I'll stick to adding harmaline to the mix because the taste of mimosa is so goddamn awful I'd rather the experience be more than just brief if I have to chug down some.