Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Growing Salvia

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
Just bought a Salvia cutting, and I was wondering if there were any tricks to growing it that I should know. I've read Daniel Siebert's guide, but I thought you guys might have something more to add. Any suggestions?

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
well first you should keep it moist and humid by placing a glass or something else thats transparent over your re potted cutting and do not give it to much light, a few hours direct sun light in the morning or evening is enough.

will post some more later I have to go to my job now.

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
Best of luck to you, having the real thing there @ your disposal is quite amazing.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If you are lucky enough to have a greenhouse paint it white and saliva in it grows like a weed .

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
I'm definitely going to make sure I use the glass idea. I never would have thought to do that.

I assume painting a greenhouse white has something to do with the light temperature (colour) and not just a colour preference, right? lol

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It limits the amount of light they get . They dont like to much light and they like a humid atmosphere so a white greenhouse works wonders . In a short time the fuckers get to be up to 3 meters high and the greenhouse looks like a prehistoric jungle ..

Remember that they cant take frost .

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
3 Meters high!?! Wow thanks GOD, I'll definitely be trying this out.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
They might get higher but the roof of the greenhouse i saw them in was 3 meters high . I doubt if they would get much higher as they tend to fall over and the stems tend to get rot on them .

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
From personal experience, Salvia is easy to grow with three huge specifics.

1) Like mentioned before, they like humid environment. You can train them to be resistant to dry areas but that requires misting them twice a day out of the humidity dome, then once a day, etc...
2) Be careful using fertilizers, they can burn the plant very quickly. Always try a very light dose and see if the edges of the leaves turn brown, and if not you can increase the dose (haha these guys are just like us with dosage).
3) Also kind of a critical point is watering schedules. Kind of like Kratom, they like a moist ground, but not a water-logged one. If it's in a pot, make sure you have tons of holes and some perlite on the very bottom to induce flow.

Finally, as anyone who grows Salvia will notice, practically whatever you do, at some point or another some of your leaves will turn brown and roll inwards. Totally normal, as the plant very rarely gives off seed and is therefore been propagated mostly by cloning, i.e. lack of genetic variation.

Good luck with the grow.

SallyDee

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Juin 2009