Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Banana

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
I've heard about it... and recently read a nice little post on another forum while stumbling on it? Is there such a thing such as bananadine?

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Is this the smoking-banana-peels myth you are referring too?

none of it is true.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Dude, seriously?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
LOL it's still a hoax guys :lol:

The closest bananas can get to psychedelic drugs is decarboxylation of tryptophan and phenylalanine (by smoking), resulting in INACTIVE tryptamine and phenethylamine. And I doubt these reaction occur very smoothly....

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Bananas raise the serotonine level in your brains.
Serotonine makes you feel happy and makes you sleep good.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
I guess so. I still wish someone would try this method. Maybe I'll try it just to settle any doubt I have sometime.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
This is so fake. Come on: dry the banana peels, make them shrink and attach them to your forehead?!?!?!? WTF!?

G

Invité
I'd does give a nice taste though, I think I'll head over to the store to buy some bananas again.... :roll:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The original story came from the 60s . Its was said to be the strings that hang off the inside of the peel whan you peel them that one could smoke and get a trip . It was proved to be untrue then . It a perfect example of the web shit that people are still pushing and confusing others with . Bananas and chocolate are suposed to contain seretonin , but not in enough quantitys to have any noticable effect . You would have to eat kilos to get an effect wich would be ruined by having to spend hours being sick while sitting on the toilet .

The psychedelic chemical was suposed to be called "Musa Sapientum bananadine" and to make it one was supposed to have to take the strings from 15 pounds , = about 7 kilos , and boil them in water for 3 - 4 hours . Then take that mush and spread it on a coockie sheet and dry it in an oven for 20 mins. to half an hour . This results in about 1 pound , = about 453 gramms , of black powder . To get an effect one was supposed to have to smoke 3 - 4 joints of it .

= its all total bananas !!!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I first saw lettuce "opium" in a headshop in the portobello road in London in 1972/3 . I bought it and tried it ....... once and never again . The same with damiana . I also tried the "opium" from california poppys and it was the same .

I cant think of anything that is legal that actualy does anything nice , or is worth taking .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
most legal things make you itch in my opinion. im a fan of ephedrine ( i dont get much from speed for some reason, aversion therapy i think) but dont take it more than a couple times a year, its my theory (here we go) that soma was ephedra. someone took back some from afghanistan where they call it sauma or sooma. could be coincidence

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"most legal things make you itch in my opinion"

Yup , me three . Thats why i hate the feeling of Ephedrin ants walking over my skin .

I dont think that Soma was Ephedrin because the description of what Soma did doesnt fit with the effects of Ephedrin . I think it was an Ayahuasca analog . I wrote an explanation about why i came to that conclusion . If i remember where it is here i will let you know .

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Yeah well, ephedrine is quite nice - as a remedy for cold and if you are really tired and need to be on beat. But that's about it...
Ephedrine as a recreational drug is shit because it activates your fight-or-flight response. With speed (=amphetamines) I get a boost in social skills and bonding, with ephedrine it's just about the different for me (or at least no difference to normal)

About the banana thing, watch this:
and you'll see that even in the 60ies they were already making fun of it (or was this were the myth started? I don't know...)

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
tryptonaut a dit:
Yeah well, ephedrine is quite nice - as a remedy for cold and if you are really tired and need to be on beat. But that's about it...
Ephedrine as a recreational drug is shit because it activates your fight-or-flight response. With speed (=amphetamines) I get a boost in social skills and bonding, with ephedrine it's just about the different for me (or at least no difference to normal

true, i have been arrested on ephedrine, im not a very good runner so i dont try. i cant take speed anymore and enjoy it. it doesnt make me talkative or social just clamps my jaw shut and makes me iritable so i dont bother. ephedra i only take when ive some miles to cover and used all reserves

botanicalguides

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Mai 2016
let's put it this way, if it was true, everyone would know. it would be no secret lol and banannas would probably be illegal.