Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

a clockwork orange, the movie

hi

Banni
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
what are your thoughts on the movie itslef and in particular, the ending? i just saw it a few days ago and the ending of the movie utterly confused me!!!!!!!!!!!!
i would love to hear your, yes YOUR thoughts on this movie.

Cyproxicus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Jan 2006
Love it. Love the way they speak (the old-fashioned English) and the sick way one treats another in that (wich is really this) world.

Cant remember the ending in particular.. refresh my memory. (Or is the fact that he cant stand Beethoven anymore and jumps out the window the ending ?!? In that case.. not really confusing imo.)

G

Invité
The movie kinda disapointed me, but that´s because I read the book first.
And my fantasy is always very strong.
I do think it´s a cool movie, but it´s not as cool as my world seen from the book.
It´s also handy to know the "other" words in advance.

forest

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
it's a great movie! a genius film. and it was made actiually against violence. but joung people around the country were beginning to act like in the movie. so they made it illegal to play the tape. and now a while back they made it legal again.

a pitty it was misunderstood. in the end he's just back to normal again, not brainwashed anymore.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Certain scenes are just great, most of the pictures are great as well. However I was a little disappointed when I first saw it as a whole.
I don't know why, but I only watched it to the end because I felt I had to watch it at least once. If it wasn't that kind of a must-see cult-movie, I wouldn't have watched it to the end, I think...

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
duplicate, sorry...

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
this film was playing at the cinema "the movies", in amsterdam, for about 2 years (at least) because it was banned in the uk and so british people could come and see it here.
it's a beautiful film, like most films from kubric (it's from him, isn't it?) but you have to be in the mood for it, it's not always that you want to watch something heavy, or inteligent, or with wonderful photography...

alice :wink:

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
p.s.
i don't remember the end... lol

alice

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
I've bought the movie about three weeks ago and went on holiday after that, so I think i'll be watching it either tonight, or later this weekend. Can't wait to be honest.. sounds like a... really awkward movie. :p

G

Invité
It is
grin.gif

JohnP.

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Fev 2006
absolutely brilliant movie; i think that the ending in the cinema is much better than the ending in the book, even though the book is much better because you have much more insights of Alex's thoughts... I really like the passage in the book where it speaks about the distinction between good and evil, genius how he never actually mentions the word "evil" but instead he says "the other shop" 8) ...

The film is Stanley Kubricks and what you all said about the banning of the film is true, i kinda read it somewhere too. I think it also anticipated some of the punk culture, especially the book...