Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

5-HTP

masta_g3

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Sept 2008
I just heard 5-HTP might have recreational value.. particlularly when mixed with alcohol or weed...

Any experiences on this?

aryaman

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
I think this should be posted in "synthetic, user related"

Anyway, it's an antidepressant, so i guess you can enjoy it. Actually, here you don’t need nothing to buy like a regoular medicine, it’s a good sleep aid and humor aid =)

But I seriousely discourage from thaking it with alcool... you can have panic attac, BAD allucinations, bad liver damage and could probably go to the hospital.

Actually, I discourage taking alcool in a generar way.

significationof?!?

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Déc 2008
~200 mgs with weed produces nice effects. It's hard to describe though, just more immersive and euphoric maybe. I don't know how bad it could be for your body though.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I don't recommend it. 5-HTP should never be used recreationaly I think. A year ago I was pretty depressive and decided to give a try to 5-htp. It did great for my depression after 2 weeks (I had also stopped smoking weed). But then I started smoking weed again, and therefore discovered that 5-htp made weed's high better. So I started taking 50-100 mg almost everytime I smoked. After a while 5-HTP seemed not to do anything anymore, weed's high had become dull, and my depressive state was back.

So 5-htp have many uses, but having fun is not one of them. It may help you sleep, help you recover from MDMA, even relax you, if taken regularly act as an effective anti-depressant, and even help you control your appetite, but don't use it to increase other drugs' effects or it will start messing with your sleep, energy, appetite and humor.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Try it with weed but I wouldn't recommend combining it with alcohol
Perhaps the morning after

gtchemen

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
23 Sept 2009
all i can tell you is that if you take 50mg to 100mg before you sleep
you sleep like a baby or a bear in hibernation! such deep relaxing sleep

gtchemen

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
23 Sept 2009
some may even experience vivid dreaming
one time i took it before i slept. and my morning alarm went off while i was dreaming then then i subcncoiously heard the alarm in my dream but my dreams proceesed while me hearing the alarm. the alarm incorperated into my dreams.. and i dreamed that i woke up in bed but i belive i was still dreaming. a couple times it was confusig. wow or was a awake but i doubt it.. i think i was dreaming but it felt so realll

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Yes I've experienced very vivid dreams when I took 5-htp too. I woke up many times thinking: "Phew, I was just dreaming" / "Damn, that was just a dream". Well it is something that happens without 5-HTP but the dreams I had when I took it were just so real that is was hard to believe it was just a dream.
And sometimes later in the day I mistakenly remembered some details of my dreams as real and from the day before.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I actually like 5-HTP but agree that it shouldn't be used regularly with weed because over time it will dull the effects of both.

However, after a decent period of fasting from both, take three 100mg pills throughout the day (Morning, Noon, Dusk) and then smoke about 30mins after your last pill. Total bliss for me.
Edit: For whatever reason I get slight nausea if I take it on an empty stomach, so take it after meals.

jaywabz

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Juin 2010
5-HTP is an amino acid that it converted in to serotonin, if you take any amount more than your body needs it gets rid of it.. as far as weed goes im not sure if theres any affect tho you cud assume that with serotonogic drugs ex. lsd, psilocybin it will increase the threshold needed for desired effects.

MindAsh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juil 2010
masta_g3 a dit:
I just heard 5-HTP might have recreational value.. particlularly when mixed with alcohol or weed...

Any experiences on this?

5-htp has worked better for depression for me than anything else I've taken OTC or been prescribed but only temporarily. i wouldn't go as far as to say that id find any use for it recreationaly, also never mix it with an MAOI/RIMA be it prescription MAOI's such as narvil as a single example or any harmala's such as Caapi or syrian rue such could lead to fatal consequences or organ damage due to a condition known as serotonin syndrome

S

straycat7

Invité
You DO NOT want to mix this with Alcohol. My husband was doing this and it made him instantly go from normal to completely incoherent and passing out within minutes! Then it took forever for him to recover from it! I'm talking days to a week! You can't mix downers with uppers like that. It screwed with his brain. Made him totally confused and everyone around him couldn't understand what was wrong with him because he only had one drink! He made no sense when he talked and couldn't remember anything the next day. He did it for months and was hiding it from me because he doesn't do any drugs, never has. Ruined our marriage. It was embarrassing!!!

Inscrit
1 Nov 2016
I would include any anti-depressant with this. Definitely a risk for serotonin syndrome. You also need to be careful when using it post-MDMA. Taking it too soon could also be a risk for SS.