Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

works of fiction

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Do you people like to read fiction?
Are there writers or books you would like to recommend?
What are the stories you loved and remember and what are those that disappointed you?

Abej^a G.

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
Who made ​​me love reading is BUKOWSKI!!!! street poet, someone can says he is repetetive, but repetita iuvant! in Buko we can see the real world, a drunk bitch world!
and so, I like all of his stories

after that, John Fante, sarcastic, a bit paranoid, but a poet very very sarcastic.
"Ask the dust" the first that I read, the best of him.

mmmm after that... uuuh! Philip K. Dick! I imagine him all day watching microchip of a boned computer!
...all of him

(in Italy a great writer, is Stefano Benni, sarcastic, poet, genius!)

after that, me!!!

...and Rick Moody!!! (in many novels he talks about a boy who takes many many and many doses of LSD. maybe him?!)
But the beginning of "Drummer wanted call Alice" is a bit as teenager.

I dont like Virginia Woolf.

The Rickster

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Août 2014
I read probably too much. Especially now that the current medium of communication is instantaneous, visual and phrasemongering. (Do I sound bitter?). Anyway, you can’t fight the tide. But, to get to your question: read only the books that changed the medium.

I disagree with Abej. Bukowski is a poor writer: his content is limited and has a drab use of diction. If you are not currently in the habit of reading, I suggest you start with this list:
The Great Gatsby
The Trial by Franz Kafka
Plays of Oscar Wilde
Short stories of Flannery O'Connor
Portnoy’s Complaint by Phillip Roth
Rabbit, Run by John Updike
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

PeterPete

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Nov 2014
sometimes, when i'm emotional, i hit the paper and start kicking some flash fictions.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
I love P.H Dick and enjoyed many of his stories. I think his stories are Original sometimes scary and often very funny.
Bukowski is a well known writer however i never got around reading him. His content and style does not really appeal to me. Maybe sometime i will find the time to read him.
I have read Slaughterhouse five, i think it is not a great book but it,s an okay book. I also read some of his other books and found them very disapointing.
With Vonnegut i often get the feeling he is trying to hard to be funny and to write weird and surreal stories. From reading his books i often get the feeling that his work is a bit artifical.