Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

working with fresh sclerotias

gogoyances

Banni
Inscrit
29 Déc 2006
I ve got some fresh truffles
is it possible to grow them for the caps(tampanensis) or sclerotia again
(I guess you can not grow caps with own fresh sclerotias

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I have no experience with it but in theory if they are really fresh, you could take a little bit from the inside and try to cultivate that in liquid culture.

But they have to be really fresh for that to work.

gogoyances

Banni
Inscrit
29 Déc 2006
HeartCore a dit:
I have no experience with it but in theory if they are really fresh, you could take a little bit from the inside and try to cultivate that in liquid culture.

But they have to be really fresh for that to work.

Liquid Culture...u mean that I put a little piece of fresh truffle inside water
or and the other materials should we need?

thanks HeartCore ;)

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
No problem ;)

1) Liquid culture

put 1 part honey with 100 parts of water in a mason jar. Also, put 2 or 3 small pieces of broken glass in it With the lid on loose (not turned close), autoclave for about 45 minutes.

2) Contam free mycelium

In a airflowfree space ( I made a glovebox by making two holes for my hands in a plastic curver box and just spray the inside like mad with a bleach/water solution (about 5/95 max). Then, in that space, I would cut a truffle in half using a sterilized knife of scalpel. Then, from the inside of the truffle, a spot which was completely inside and so is not covered with airborne spores, I would cut a small piece of mycelium. That piece I would quickly put into the jar that I let cool down to room temp first.

Mycelium will now start to grow. Shake every few days, the broken glass will cut up the mycelium and cause it to spread quicker. After about two weeks, you can suck a syringe full of cloudy liquid and use that to innoculate more jars.

Brew posted an alternative recipe for a liquid culture recently but I've no time to look for it now.