Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

what's up with birds

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
It's not verifiable science, just hypothesis.

Most "science" that you find related to psychodelics that is not in some kind of journal article is only speculation, and the writer is no more clued in on it than you are.

With that said, I think the "third eye" is just your sub-conscious, which filters much too much information to handle, yet some, even though filtered from the conscious, has a profound affect on it.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
well sharks and other animals have a kind of third eye or extra sense i saw it on tv. they can see electromagnetic fields of every living thing and if something is wounded it makes a different kind of wave so they know who to chase after. maybe thats along the lines of what their talking about.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
thats not a third eye....
thats like saying your nose is a third eye

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
haven't heard of that on birds... i did hear of birds having something in their brain which is electromagnetically tuned to the earth though. other animals have it as well im sure. it would be why they migrate, or always seem to know when to take high ground before a tsunami...

i saw a thing about the organ on sharks, it's not a "third eye" but instead of a sense of smell, it has in a similar location, a sense organ that is adapted to behighly sensitive to vibration (EM waves are vibrations). so in this sense, it can visualize in it's mind where things are in the water. like echolocation but through liquid.

conceptually, it's like a third eye, but really, it's like if your ears and nose adapted into a singular organ (because neither have practical use underwater the way they are) and are therefore amplified in power. i can see the practicality of this, namely because of the increased speed which vibration travels through denser mediums (solids>liquids>gases)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Have any of you become aware of completely shutting off your vision while in deep though?

every once in a while I will be walking and thinking and realize I had not stored any information about how I got to my position - my eye sight had been shut off, or not recorded what so ever. I presume to enhance my thought processes. It's a very interesting phenomenon. It would be nice to control which senses you need enhanced at will, or if you could shut some off at will. :)

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I had this some years ago, as a thin-skinned teenager, it scared the shit out of me, I had no idea how I got to the place I found myself standing suddenly :lol:
there seems to be a direct (negative) correlation between thinking and the amount to one is using the senses, or allows them to deliver the signals they record.

there's hardly anything that I love more than the times thinking shuts off and vision becomes unfocused and takes in a totality rather than various details.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
interesting - I'll have to read the entire article. They are basing this off NMR haha. If birds were somehow able to detect what an Nuclear magnetic resonance machine does, my god, nature would have beat us to everything :)

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
The "Third Eye" that you refer to is the Pineal Gland and is as real as the nose on your face.

To quote Wiki - "In animals, the pineal gland appears to play a major role in sexual development, hibernation, metabolism, and seasonal breeding.

Pineal cytostructure seems to have evolutionary similarities to the retinal cells of chordates. Modern birds and reptiles have been found to express the phototransducing pigment melanopsin in the pineal gland. Avian pineal glands are believed to act like the SCN in mammals.

Studies on rodents suggest that the pineal gland may influence the actions of recreational drugs, such as cocaine, and antidepressants, such as fluoxetine (Prozac), and its hormone melatonin can protect against neurodegeneration."
More reading and source here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland

The "Third Eye" or the Pineal Gland plays a major role in humans too and is a part of of the Chakra system and the oldest part of the brain known as the R Complex or Reptillian Brain.
More Info here - http://www.psycheducation.org/emotion/R complex.htm

I think that is enough to digest for now, Have fun :)

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
IJesusChrist a dit:
If birds were somehow able to detect what an Nuclear magnetic resonance machine does, my god, nature would have beat us to everything :)

They are able to detect what a Thermal Magnetic Resonance Reactor does, Surely that is what the earth is??