Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

what is automatism??

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
it seems to me, it's something very basic in almost everyone's life. i would say it's a bit like how we humans learn and do shit. at first when we learn something new we have to pay a lot of attention and then when we learned the shit we can do it more or less automatically.
i guess that should be clear. so in principle it's something good. but yeah what if the automatism turns against you? when shit you don't really want starts to go automatic??
well that's probably the mind and the body and the differences or gaps in between or what would be the best way of saying that? are we more split personalities than whole persons that are one so to say? well.. the whole planet is sick "a bit"..

but yeah hmmm... i think it's ironic but somehow also logical that something that should make things easier can eventually turn out to make things more difficult.
now if you ask me, we surely shouldn't become too automatic, because are we then still really there?
also the saying "routine kills"... :roll:

hmm so what is automatism? i would say it's simply right and left brain shit... i remember some video where some brain scientist said something like supposedly one brain hemisphere is a parallel processor and the other brain hemisphere a serial processor... which means one half of the brain does many things at once and the other does one thing at a time. so in my opinion they are both automatisms in some sense.. or maybe rather they can be... and of course the hemispheres do work together so it's in fact actually probably even much more amazing. i haven't completely understood it yet, but i think it has to be quite amazing. one thing that came to my mind is that maybe people have forgotten what it really means to do one thing at a time. this is very philosophical.
and then mind you, just because something is automatic doesn't necessarily mean it's good!!! quite to the contrary... please just be careful a little bit...:finger: :!:

well now how many people are right handers and how many people left handers and how many people can use both hands equally good or bad??? does anyone think the balancing of the brain hemispheres got anything to do with the left and right hand???
and what about habits???
btw the solution is simply to "really be there" when it's too much automatism. ;)
so please be especially careful with the idea of automatism and/or maybe think about how it's basically something totally normal in some sense.
i hope someone else has some thoughts or so...thanks for reading!!!

peace