Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

walking vs riding bike?

herbmaster2015

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Août 2013
so what do you guys and gals think of riding a bike for exercise, its what I prefer but I started walking again so who does both or whats a good workout bike routine, any ideas, im just bored with bike riding and want some feedback about getting into walking! is it worth it? do you get used to long walks.................

Whoever

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Mar 2013
I dont know whats the best for excercise, if you mean working out, but walking instead of riding gives you way more time to think and to enjoy the landscape that surrounds you.
Time passes differently when you walk, i enjoy it way more than riding a bike but thats quite personal I guess.
If you're bored of riding, then grab some shoes or go barefoot and walk the earth :+1:

Rpk

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Jan 2014
First off what are your goals as both have different results

vineetha

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Sept 2014
As of my idea its purely depends on your weight and capabilities. Both will give different kind of results. I recommend bike riding for some people for who are capable to ride half hour or more time. Start with walking. :)

Abej^a G.

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
ADHD and cycling: Specialized Medicine: The Impact of Cycling on ADHD | Singletracks Mountain Bike News

"[...] In 2012, Specialized Bikes and RTSG Neuroscience spent five days a week for a month measuring the effects of cycling in two groups of Massachusetts middle school-age children who were either diagnosed with or displayed ADHD-like symptoms.
Outcomes identified were cognitive, emotional, social, and physical status before, during, and after the program, and researchers concluded that cycling…

• enhances processing of information
  • improves attention and attenuates impulsivity
  • enables children to better understand their feelings
  • improves kids’ mood
  • decreases BMI and waist circumference
  • accelerates cognitive performance even after just one ride
  • is addictive! The program retained 87% of subjects initially enrolled. [...]"

cspringer482

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Juil 2016
Rpk a dit:
First off what are your goals as both have different results

Based your answer from this question, what would you like to accomplish. If you would love to take exercise in a slow pace then go for a walk, in you want to burn fats then go for running.

jonka77

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Avr 2017
That is a pleasantly simple question....neither has a potential of being boring, if you have a destination to get to.
I walk to the grocery store if I want my dessert. I probably burn most of it by the time I get home, :grin:
I bike to the post office and any other place that I want to get to quickly and don't care about the sights.
I walk in forest (sights and sounds).
I bike in rush hour (faster than cars).
Long walks? A dog would help you train (tongue in cheek).