Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

vasoconstriction with mushrooms and other psychedelics

Jablan

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Juil 2010
Hey everyone, i ate 2g of cubensis a few weeks back and they were good and all, but i got this creepy vasoconstriction about 6-8 after eating the shrooms, the constriction was not as bad as the one i had on Hwbr seeds, but it made me quite scared.

Have any of you guys tried having a bad vasoconstriction on psychedelics? and is it dangereus?

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
They do not narrow the bloodvessels but dilate them. Psychedelics hardly enhance the activity of the cardiovascular system (comparable with 1 or 2 cups of coffee for most experiences). High dose LSD (400+ mics) produces shaking heart beats which are harmless but may come across as alarming if found for the first time or unexpected. A good mescaline experience may be accompanied with tachycardia, notorious vein expansion, tight feeling in the neck and a mild suppression of respiration. But it feels very natural and the Indians believed mescaline was a medicine to the heart, both physically and mentally, for any healthy person. I do know what they are aiming at. Smoking DMT can elevate heart pulse substantially for a brief moment priorly to the knock out. Mushrooms are the safest entheogens regarding palpitations. All the classical four do not produce vasoconstriction but there's always a (minor) change in blood pressure or pulse, harmless for a healthy being.

Oh and remember kids, don't smoke nicotine, hot drinks are not for the belly, sugar is worthless and saturated fats are wack. Therefore, suck a lemon. :mrgreen:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
you'd be doing far more damage and restriction of blood flow with sugar, or saturated fat, or caffiene, or nicotine than any psychedelic would ever do. brugmansia is correct. although tachycardia is a little disconcerting, i personally find that it's due to my over awareness of bodily functions. hope that helps

Quark13

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Sept 2009
How did you notice the vasoconstriction? What symptoms did you observe?

NeilPatrickHarris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juil 2009
Brugmansia a dit:
A good mescaline experience may be accompanied with tachycardia, notorious vein expansion, tight feeling in the neck and a mild suppression of respiration. But it feels very natural and the Indians believed mescaline was a medicine to the heart, both physically and mentally, for any healthy person. I do know what they are aiming at.

keep in mind the native americans were consuming peyote, not pure mescaline. pure mescaline is a much stronger stimulant, IMHO pure mescaline can be very much like amphetamines at some times, however peyote has sedative alkaloids which depress the stimulation from pure mescaline, there's quite a big difference between the two. i also find peyote to be far more euphoric due to this synergy. kind of off topic but wanted to toss that in. tricho species have sedative alkaloids too (different ones than in peyote) so tricho teas are more like a peyote experience than pure mescaline as well, they can be more euphoric and less stimulating than pure mescaline. pure mescaline definitely gives the body load you describe, the raw cacti not as much.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Thanks for the input, I yet have to try peyote and have never used pure mescaline either. I had one particular deep experience which you can find here which included heavy sedation as well as ''amphetamine'' stimulation. I had written about my concerns regarding the heart, but despite the increase in heart rate my veins had also gotten much wider which allowed me to feel my whole body much better.

Would you do me a favour and share your peyote experience(s) in a little summary? How does it compare to a Tric? I still have old peyotes I wanna trip on, but a Tric means so much to me already that I'm afraid I will not dig them as much once I have discovered peyote. I don't want to consume peyote each time.