Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

the "best" diet

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
So there's obviously some debate on what the "best" diet is, whether you want to live longer, live healthier, or both.

Here's a quick video on why you shouldn't sear or cook on high heat:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=movie&dbid=6
The burning or degradation of food, especially oils and fats, creates free radicals which are the nastiest things in the world. There isn't much created (I mean seriously almost none) but they are the most reactive things on earth! They will react with nearly anything they touch, and unfortunately it is easy for them to get into the lungs and the avioli.

Also, I always thought it funny how people boil vegetables in water, then drain the water. If you drain the water after you cook or boil vegetables, you basically just poured out all the nutrients. Most of the vitamins and minerals we need to live healthy are water soluable, and when you boil foods, those necessities end up in the water. So if you're going to cook food by boiling or in water, make a soup and don't flush it down!

When you cook with oil or butter, and you sear or burn any part of a meal, not only are you creating free radicals, you are also destroying vitamins and phytonutrients. Alot of necessary nutrition comes from very complex molecules with many chemically active and reactive groups, at high heat, these react quickly or break down quickly and you will lose the nutrients!

The best way to eat anything is to not cook it.

This is why places that eat much raw or undercooked meat and vegetables have the highest life expectancy:
File:Male_Life_Expectancy.png

(Male because most of us on here are male - not being sexist)

Japan and hong kong with sushi, europe and scandinavia for their many soups and salads, america because we have the walking dead, and the old people here refuse to die.

So, don't over heat, don't burn, and don't drain. When you see a bag of sushi rice it specifically says "Do not drain water!".

also avoid preservatives :rolleyes:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
a regular at the coffee place i used to work told me that she doesn't eat anything that's cooked. it really is a valid argument. more valid than "which highly glamorized and advertised version of the food that X(celebrity) eats is gonna get me SKINNY?!?!"

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
what was that one... aitkins. lol

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Raw Veganim,or the "Jungle Diet" are the optimal diets for the human digestive system. Eating raw fruits, veggies, nuts and grains are the easiest for your system to process and the least of impact on the planet, if you were to eat locally.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
Teonanacapilli a dit:
Eating raw fruits, veggies, nuts and grains are the easiest for your system to process and the least of impact on the planet, if you were to eat locally.

im not familiar with raw vegansim or jungle diets formally, but it's funny you say that, because that's pretty much all i've been eating lately. (like past 6 months) nuts are the best protein i've found so far..

J

Joe77

Invité
In additional to IJesusChrist health suggestion. I'd also recommend drinking fruit juices. Drinking fruit juices is very natural and has no side effects and no preservatives. It is also very delicious and a very effective health diet. It is very nutritious and delicious and prevents almost all kinds of diseases. Below are the links for all the information about this.

Shakeology | Shakeology Review | Shakeology Scam

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
LOL:
Included With All Shakeology Home Direct Orders:
- FREE Shipping
- FREE Shakeology Shaker Cup
- FREE Workout DVD’s
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee

Price: $119.95

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
you have to consider the aspect of fructose when dealing with fruit juices. yes fruits contain many valuable things, but they (in varying amounts for varying fruits*) also are very high in fructose, which is a sugar, and as such, promotes cell division (as opposed to other forms of calories). and so, when too much fructose is consumed, alot of free radicals can be born in the process, because the cell division becomes mis-proportional(to baseline cell division rates) when too much fruit juice is consumed. yes there are antioxidants to combat this, and so this is where it becomes important to discriminate.

in an article called "cancer's favorite sugar" from the Jan/Feb issue of "experience life" magazine, not only do they list high fructose corn syrup (aka simply 'corn sugar' or 'corn syrup') [as well as sucrose and dextrose] as the worst thing you can consume in this regard, they also list a table to reference in regards to fructose content. it is as follows (your welcome):

peaches- 1 cup= 2.36 grams fructose
clementines- 2 fruits= 2.42
raspberries- 1 cup=2.89
pineapple- 1 cup= 3.50
grapefruit- 1 cup=4.07
bananas- 1 cup=7.28
apples 1 cup=7.38
mangoes- 1 cup 7.72
pears- 1 cup=9.22

as with everything, moderation is key!

Bushs

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Fev 2011
Thank you for sharing this best diet article here, If every person can follow the directions and take proper food which helpful for human body then make sure no one can disturb due to illness.

heshani@1999

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Mai 2011
Talking about the best diets we should eat as much as fruits and vegeis and avoid rice, bread and instant food.Remember WATER is the most important thing.Drink as much as you can.

mosaicmouse

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2011
Allusion a dit:
you have to consider the aspect of fructose when dealing with fruit juices. yes fruits contain many valuable things, but they (in varying amounts for varying fruits*) also are very high in fructose, which is a sugar, and as such, promotes cell division (as opposed to other forms of calories). and so, when too much fructose is consumed, alot of free radicals can be born in the process, because the cell division becomes mis-proportional(to baseline cell division rates) when too much fruit juice is consumed. yes there are antioxidants to combat this, and so this is where it becomes important to discriminate.

Yes, fructose also enters glycolysis in the third step as fructose-phosphate. While the enzyme of the first step (that works on glucose) is the rate-limiting step (controlling the overall flux of glycolysis). So there is very few inhibition of fructose to ATP conversion even when metabolic needs are low.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
which is great when all of ones blood sugar is depleted after or during intense excercise, however, on a regular basis, too much atp (cellular energy source) can be produced, leading to overactive cells and cell division

Allister

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Juil 2011
Thanks for sharing most informative best diet article which is really helpful for me . I have learned a lot from it . I really admire your post .

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
heshani@1999 a dit:
Talking about the best diets we should eat as much as fruits and vegeis and avoid rice, bread and instant food.Remember WATER is the most important thing.Drink as much as you can.

im curious, why do you say avoid rice? maybe if we are talking about white rice only. however brown rices have many health benefits (and are the only ones i eat). and if you soak the rice overnight before cooking (as in sprouting) then it becomes even better (and more like a vegetable). brown rice is rated very high (in comparison to most all other foods) in phytosterol, which is a plant substance that mimics and takes the place in the cell membranes where cholesterol would build up in you. so the result is a lower cholesterol!

it is important to know when is a good time to eat rice however. or rather i should say it is important to know how much rice (carbohydrates) to take in and when more or less is appropriate. for example, if you had to eat and you had roughly an hour before you were planning on working out, it would be good to take in foods with more carbohydrates, as well as glucose, not much protein or fats, as these take far too long to break down in that amount of time. if you had more like 2-3 hours, higher protein foods would be appropriate though. the only thing about that is that you need plant matter to pass all the extra protein, so a well rounded meal is still going to be your best bet most of the time.

but i have to agree, over everything else, water is definitely the most important thing.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I wanted to recommend a book to you Allusion, or to all of you generally, "The Yoga of Eating" by Charles Eisenstein. really one of the best books I've read when it comes to nutrition. his proposals are so mindblowingly simple and obvious it made me a bit angry that I hadn't the ideas first :D
the basic promise is to eat whatever the body asks you for, if it says that it needs some meat (and it does so by appetite, good taste and wellbeing after eating), then it is wise to eat some of it. same thing with everything else, all that is needed is to start listening to the body and sense what is good for it right now and what is bad.
I'll let the book speak for the rest.

the author is very lax on copyright, I know that two of his three books are under creative commons and online somewhere, so it may not be far fetched that a pdf of this one is somewhere too.

Light

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Juil 2011
My guess: they won't have a book like that at Borders.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
they have some pretty interesting material on astrology, varieties of religions, lucid dreaming, reiki, ayurveda, etc. i dont see why not. most places probably wont have it in stock, but they can order them for you. my logic was, try to get it at a low price. if they don't have it, maybe they can order it for me, and i'd hopefully still get it at a discounted price...

Melcom

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Août 2011
Thanks for sharing guys that all the food that contains fruits and vegetables are best and good for health and is considered as best diet. So thanks for sharing.