Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

strange muscle pain while on psilocybin

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Hi,

On my last (2) shroom trips I experienced a rather peculiar, strong,
and difficult to explain "muscle pain".
Not really like a cramp but similar, felt like a contraction of muscles, quite punctual.
The next day it vansihed completely.

I'd neither call me experienced nor newbie shrooms user.
Enjoying shrooms since two years, approx 15 trips.

This odd pains only appeared during my recent trips. Never before.
So it might be coincidental.

My question to the experienced and knowing:

Anybody else experienced similar problems/phenomena ?
Is this a known side-effect of psilocybin?

tia for infos, tl

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
I never experienced what your describing..
Although one time I had the same kind of jaw-clenching you get when taking bad quality x on mushrooms.. Quite unusual, ive had it with other drugs as well, so it might be just me, or a combination of factors..

On mushrooms i also got something best described as an error in my brain.. A lightning burst of pain, accompanied by a high pitch for only a split second. I thought of it as the opening of new nerve paths in my brain.. but it could also be the destruction of those :p Nothing serious though..

Greets

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
Muscle twitching is known to occur on various psychedelics. why not on shrooms? it is like jaw clenching or headache, those are side effects that can happen.
Now why has it only appeared now? I don't know, it's a mystery!

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I tend to shake a lot on psychedelics. Shaking like you would if you walked nude in the snow :p

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Thx anyone for your interesting answers :)

I've been tripping very intensivly last week.
4 shrooms trips to be precise.
(My usual frequency is one trip per month, reason for this super-trip-week is a topic on its own, perhaps I'll open a new thread for it when I have time because I got some interesting new insights)

The point is: I got the same muscle pains again on my trips last week.
On exactly the same spots.

So my hypothesis:
The muscle pains are/were already there, *not* caused by psilocybin.
Under normal conditions below my "pain-threshhold", in other words I dont feel it.
Psilocybin being a (muscle pain/problems) sensitivity amplifier s.t I feel the pains while under influcence of psi.

regards, tl

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I've always had a pain in my abdominal muscles when I took lsd some years ago. During one trip I realized I was getting this muscle pain because I tensed up so much. I unconsciously tensed the muscles until I got cramps. When I realized that, it all went away quickly...

If you drink too much alcohol with shrooms you might get muscle reactions like you were epileptic. It's not really dangerous I think (had it a couple of times) but it's not fun as well...

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
kcar181 a dit:
I tend to shake a lot on psychedelics. Shaking like you would if you walked nude in the snow :p

yeah me too.... especially my jaw shakesa lot, and I can't control it at all oO it's not really disturbing, just weird... and it makes it hard to look normal if you have to :p

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Yea my friend gets annoyed :p I haven't found a way to control it for more than a few seconds :p

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
When I'm trippin' my ass shakes uncontrollably. It goes away if I turn the music off.

G

Invité
Brewmaster a dit:
When I'm trippin' my ass shakes uncontrollably. It goes away if I turn the music off.

Yeah really weird, mine does that too...

Freaks

But on acid I once had the feeling my muscles wanted to turn inside out, resulting in me being tangled up with myself.
Had some sour muscles the next day, but never had it again.

And on shrooms I usually get a tired back, not really that much of a problem.