Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

so whats the deal with dextromethorphan polistirex?

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
does it metabolize in your body to DXM?

i got 2 bottles that were 89mL and the dosage said that for every 5mL it was 30mg of DXM Hbr

so thats about 18 doses a bottle, which works out to supposedly 540mg of DXM Hbr per bottle.

well i drank 2 of them (granted i had eaten a few xanax bars earlier) and didn't really trip at all. and were talking about 1080mg of DXM all drunk at once and i weigh like 145 lbs.

no trip.

ive given up on DXM. or is it just that this polistirex thing doesn't work the same?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I'm guessing the latter.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
kron420 a dit:
5mL it was 30mg of DXM Hbr

(granted i had eaten a few xanax bars earlier) and didn't really trip at all.

the 30mg/5ml ratio is good for robo tripping, however, im almost positive that the bars overpowered the dissociative effects from the dxm, as well as lowered your ability to recieve the "trippy" effects from it ie: patterns and whatnot... (xanax detracts from any and all experience/s...)

how many bars (one "xanax" label bar is 2mg of xanax) had you eaten prior, and how long before did you take them before drinking the robo?

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
i had eaten the xanax much earlier in the day. i think this poli stuff just doesnt work like dxm Hbr.

last night i went and bought 2 cough suppressant bottles containing actual DXM Hbr and drank about ~600mg before i couldnt handle the taste anymore.

combined with a lot of cannabis, i had a crazy, trippy night. lots of fun.

dont drink the poli stuff - i dont think it works

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
yeah i dont think it was the xanax then. now that you say this i remember reading that polistirex will not work nearly the same because it doesn't convert properly in the body...

600 mg is intense when you add weed into the mix. felt like my feet were sinking through the floor...

careful mixing that stuff and maoi's, decongestants, and sometimes pain relievers... the guafenisen is pretty bad for you, an extraction of the dxm would be best, there are plenty of different teks on the internet.

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
ive had several experiences with dxm polistrex. It works, it just takes quite a while longer to get into your system..and lasts longer.. 'polistrex' is pretty much a time release on the DXM, by coating some of the dex in a digestable coating..
and btw you can extract the dxm from 'polistrex' products with just water and a plastig bag..b/c the polistrex isnt water soluable and will just settle to the bottom of the container(i.e. the corner of a bag with water mixed with the syrup)

significationof?!?

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Déc 2008
I've only ever "robo-tripped" (make that "Delsym-tripped") with DXM-polistirex. As such, I can describe it, but I can't compare with DXM-HBr.

-The effects come in slowly, and remain for a long time. I'd fully plateau after maybe 4 hours, and feel "out of it" for the next day if I started around 7 p.m.

-If the DXM FAQ posted on Erowid is any indication, the character of the experience is different with polistirex. The theory is based on the differences in effects between DXM and DXO, its main metabolite; basically, slow digestion (gradual dosing of HBr or use of polistirex)=> enzyme saturation => more DXM/DXO. DXM is supposedly more dysphoric and psychotomimetic, while DXO is more sedative and causes the itch. Anyway, make what you will of the above; I only know I never suffered from the itch, and that my last experiences did have a dysphoric flavour.

-The "plateaus" have never been clearly defined for me. I can relate my experiences to the typical effects of each plateaus, but I don't feel them in any distinct way (anything more distinct than "weak/medium/strong", that is).

-No matter how high the dose, it seems I can't get past what is described as a third plateau. Okay, I say "no matter how high", but I've never been further than two bottles (can't remember the concentrations... I'll post them when I find them). But I'm pretty sure that polistirex skews the dose-effect curve.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to try DXM HBr one day, but for now I can't bother with an extraction, and all the HBr-only preparations I can get contain sorbitol... But anyway, DXM has gotten a bit bland for me recently. I'm going to take a six-month break at least.

L

linkedledgend

Invité
I myself have taken an entire bottle of 248ml orange delsym containing 30mg per 5l of dex polistirex. and in my experience it was amazing. it is deff a time realesed experience and you should be cautious, because i never meant to drink the whole thing. it just tasted so good and i hadnt felt any effects really... next thing you know im watching alice in wonderland (the new one) and im completely in another world. the music was intense and effecting the very way i was feeling... intense music of conflict brought me close to panic, and the soothing resolution of conflict made me calm and relaxed.

i came across this post because i had taken a half of a 2mg xanax bar to get some sleep after taking a 30mg adderal around 9 and was way awake. the xanax i took half of around 1150, thats 1mg. and had a nice peaceful slumber for about 2 hours id say. then i decided to take the other half, and while i was at it drank about half of a delsym. so i was checking on any interaction possibles.

long unnecessary store short... drinking a 148ml bottle of dex polistirex will make you out of it... but it takes time. dont get over excited and drink more and more cuz you dont feel anything yet, thats how i managed to get sick and think i needed to go to the hospital haha. but it was a pretty fun time till then.

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
FUCK polistirex. It was probably the polistirex that did this, also the bars. If I pop any benzo while on or before a dxm trip it doesn't work even one fourth as well. If you extract the polistirex out using a delsym water tek and then keep the polistirex powder in a glass of 1 half coke/ 1 half lemon juice, the polistirex will seperate from the dxm making dxm hbr. I have done this and it works perfectly!

lysergamideman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Juin 2011
Nanosage a dit:
FUCK polistirex. It was probably the polistirex that did this, also the bars. If I pop any benzo while on or before a dxm trip it doesn't work even one fourth as well. If you extract the polistirex out using a delsym water tek and then keep the polistirex powder in a glass of 1 half coke/ 1 half lemon juice, the polistirex will seperate from the dxm making dxm hbr. I have done this and it works perfectly!

Hey interesting, I know Delsym does work , I also use water to separate it, just empty a bottle of delsym into a 2-3 liter bottle, fill that bottle up with water, then wait 30-45 min or so ( time for all the polystirix suspension to drop its crystals to bottom of jug, then cut slowly down the side of the jug with a knife being careful to not let out any crystals. Then I usually would recommended letting that dissolve in at least 80 proof liquor of some sort, Or either Try what the poster I quoted says, although I dont k know if that really works or not I have never tried it, but sounds interesting, Id give it a shot.

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
It works, not sure about the alcohol? Also let it settle for at least 3 hours. 2 should do, but 3 just to be safe. Alcohol may have the same effect? Polistirex is just plastic coating. So soaking it in anything that dissolves the plastic will work. Citrus/lemon juice is what I use. I just add the coca cola as well because taking a shot of lemon juice is not the best thing to do xD

hnoor0044

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Mar 2016
it just tasted so good and i hadnt felt any effects really... next thing you know im watching alice in wonderland (the new one) and im completely in another world. the music was intense and effecting the very way i was feeling... intense music of conflict brought me close to panic, and the soothing resolution of conflict made me calm and relaxed.

== Chess ==