Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

question about dmt extraction

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
i have a couple of questions:

1. i cannot buy the zippo lighter fluid, but i can buy the ronson lighter fluid, which i belive is also naphta. the salesman said it did the same thing, but since i am a newbie in dmt extraction, i am not sure if it is alright. how can i be sure it is naphta ?

2. mimosa hostilis is the best plant to extract the spice ? 100g of powdered rootbark will yield how many grams of crystals ?

i have read the elf spice extraction tek, but my questions endure. i am willing to try this extraction, because my previous experiences with dmt were quite frightening (due to the bufotenine) and i want to overcome this frustration with dmt. any help will be welcomed.

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
1) If you dont trust it, you can put a little on a dish and let it evaporate. You dont want any residu left after its evaporated. But there are also other sources of napta/nafta. Could you share your country, I have some info here regarding analoges in various countries.

2) The potency depends on your source. ******* has decent bark with average potency (last time I tried), so that around 0.60%. However, some vendors have very potent bark, some even yields up to 1.8% of DMT.

If you've never done it (extracting), I advise you to start with a little batch. Like 20grams of very potent bark of 50 grams of lesser quality. This is just to get used to the procedure so if you mess up, you wont loose a lot of goods.

G

Invité
thanks for your answer, heartcore.

i am from portugal.

i have read somewhere that all lighterfluids leave trace residues that are carcigen (i don't know if this is how it is spelled - they make cancer), even in small amounts. this is my major concern about this extraction. the same with the rye, there are always trace elements, and in the long run, they can damage one's health seriously. i think that there's one brand that makes pure naptha, they are called VM&P Naptha, but i am not sure if i can trust them.
isn't there a safe alternative to the naptha ?
or perhaps i am just wrong and it is 100% safe ? i am a bit doubtful about smoking trace elements of lighterfluid and rye. i have done somethings in my youth that i now regret, and i don't want to make the same mistakes again.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Portugal, i will get back to you tonight about that but, if you can get VM&P Naptha, this is basically considered very clean. If I could get that in Holland, I would quit using Zippo right away.

i have read somewhere that all lighterfluids leave trace residues that are carcigen (i don't know if this is how it is spelled - they make cancer), even in small amounts.

Cannabis contains carcinogenics but doesnt cause cancer ;)

But you are right, better safe then sorry. You can evaporate a little naptha to check for residu, thats no guarantee that its clean though. I worry about this myself also so I'm planning to build a small destiller to distill the Zippo lighter fluid.

Also, going the freeze/precepitate route opposed to evaporating will result in a much cleaner product (as I was told ;) ).

Something else to consider, the melting point of DMT is very low and chances are that you dont even reach the heat needed to burn up the residue (also not a great safe indication ..)

Lye does not end up in your endproduct if you follow the procedure and make sure you dont suck up anything below the naptha layer. Lye doesnt bind to naptha. There is an easy way to test for lye on your endproduct, put a little DMT on the point of a knife and then put a torch flame (blue) on it. If it becomes yellow for a fraction of a second, there is lye in the product. If it stays blue, its clean.

DMTripper

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Mar 2007
HeartCore a dit:
Lye does not end up in your endproduct if you follow the procedure and make sure you dont suck up anything below the naptha layer. Lye doesnt bind to naptha. There is an easy way to test for lye on your endproduct, put a little DMT on the point of a knife and then put a torch flame (blue) on it. If it becomes yellow for a fraction of a second, there is lye in the product. If it stays blue, its clean.

Hey great trick :D I've just been thinking about this cause I'm scared to get lye in my endproduct. Don't wanna smoke lye :p

But one question though. Is petroleum spirit good for extraction? I found some lighterfluid that's much cheaper than Zippo and doesn't leave any residue when evapourated and smells just like the Zippo one. It says on the can that it's petroleum spirit.

M

mardybum

Invité
Petroleum Spirits = Shellite. Shellite is perfect for using as a solvent.

Ammonia washes will clean out any lye as lye will dissolve in ammonia but DMT will not. Make sure clear-non sudsy ammonia is used.

daytripper, there are BETTER alternatives to naptha. For example, Odorless Mineral Spirits is REFINED naptha. Thus much better and cleaner than the normal Naptha. Odorless Mineral Spirits can be found in most hardware shops. Also Shellite or White Spirits is also great and leaves NO residue, also found easily in hardware shops.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Which hardware stores in what countries? I live in Holland and have checked all local hardware stores but didnt find anything unfortunately ;)

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
What about coleman fuel from de beversport or other outdoor shops?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If you live in europe you can buy medical quality benzine from the chemists for around 19 - 22 euros . They may ask you why you want it so be prepared . Maybe say its for your grandad who wants to degrease something , but you dont realy know . You can also buy litmus paper to test acid / base content , better that you find another chemists for that though . To make DMT , not crystal , more an orange gunk . Dry your source , powder it finely and boil it up in distilled water with a bit of vitamin C powder (an acid to make it ph 5 , do it slowly ) 3 or 4 times , filter it and then base it with natron (ph 8 , natron is naturaly ph 8 so thats not hard to do and means you cant throw to much in ) and mix it with benzine . Filter it and let the benzin evaporate . It evaporates totaly but you can wash it / boil it in distilled water till the benzin smell goes away . Try smoking it in a magic buble pipe .

LOVE GOD

bloodbrother778

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Avr 2007
V&MP naptha is fine, swim has recently extracted very pure dmt crystals using the freezing naptha method, naptha evaporates completely leaving no smell, if the crystals come out yellow (impure) one can wash it with diluted ammonia, in swim's case there was no need to do this as the crystals came out white.

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
i tested the colemans fuel yesterday... no residu
god: take look at the marsfold tek that's easy and veryy clear tek

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Good morning friends,

I'm very interested in the fact that people are using odorless mineral spirits instead of naptha. I can get turpenoid for free; if this is a better solvent then I would like to hear from someone who has actually worked with it.

GOD: As said before, I'm quite new at this but I know that when basifying, a PH of 8 is not optimal. One should basify to a PH of at least 13 in order to extract all the goodies. Even higher is better; you cannot over-basify. I put mine @ 13.4 just to be safe.

Heartcore: If you can use "odorless mineral spirits", you can find that shit at any art supply store. It's just paint thinner.

Scamie: thanks for testing the Coleman! You're the man!

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Maybe a silly question, but why don't use 'thinner' as a solvent.. It contains xylene and isobutanol as far as i know.. (oh it does smell bad :p)

It is also widely available and cheap, haven't checked if it leaves residu when vaporized.. but maybe one of you can tell me why it isn't a good idea.
It's cool for cleaning for sure!

Greets

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
GOD: As said before, I'm quite new at this but I know that when basifying, a PH of 8 is not optimal. One should basify to a PH of at least 13 in order to extract all the goodies. Even higher is better; you cannot over-basify. I put mine @ 13.4 just to be safe.

I second that, PH should be 13 or higher for best results.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Xylene (xylol/ toluene) is what I use for mescaline extractions. It's much less selective. For mescaline it works great but when you use it with mimosa it pulls a lot of undesired materials from the plant matter and you end up with orange dmt. And, yeah, it stinks.

Naptha is much more selective and only pulls out the good stuff we're looking for.

"Mineral Spirits" are also a paint thinner but I'm waiting for someone to try it out and see how that works.

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Hey scamie, you got that colemans stuff from beversport?

There are a lot of american brands being coined here, I'd like to hear a couple of good brands that are available in holland. I looked on the net, but I find it hard to determine the reliability of a person that describes the used method and materials. Some people obviously know what they are doing, and others just mess around. I'd like to know why something is better then something else (a question that is already partly answered thanks to you folks)..

Thank you! :rock:

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
second naptha pull.... but the layers wont separate????? anybody??? help???

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
second naptha pull.... but the layers wont separate????? anybody??? help???

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Heat and vibrations.

If you have a clothes dryer, you can turn that on and set your extraction on top. The vibrations of the dryer will help the layers separate.

Heat as well. Put it in a hot water bath.

Did you strain out the plant matter or are you trying to do it the quick way with the bark still in there?

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
Hi scamie.

what pH are you at in the basic extraction step ?

I was messing with emulsion as well a long time....This was because I tried to do the extraction at pH = 9

It is in theory the best pH to extract at.

But after reading some more succesfull write-ups from people doing the extraction at pH = 13, I had a go at that. And it worked quite nicely, seperation in 5 - 15 minutes and no slime/goo at all anymore.

I even remember asking one guy why he did the extraction at pH = 13, but the reply was somethink like 'better safe than sorry'

He was right ofcource. But at the time there was no apparant reason to try pH=13.

On basifying the solution goes:

pH 2 transparant dark red
pH 3-6 red, swirls of grey because of the drops of NaOH sol.
pH 7 first overall grey black coloration when adding NaOH solution.
pH 8 formation of gunky slimey goo, espescially when adding NaOH too fast.
pH 9 dark slimey solution with particles.
pH 10 - 12 solution turns pitch black, particles seem to dissolve again on pouring back and fourth between two flasks.
pH 13 pitch black solution, low viscosity. Easy seperation from solvent.

edit:

had a look at the thread a second time and I missed your

But maybe the info can still be of use.