Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

philosopher stones -- avoiding sickness

wjames

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Juil 2006
Hey psychonauts,

Based on experience, it appears that stones, in addition to being psychedelicc, seem to contain alkaloids that, at least by a broad definition, are relatively toxic, though perhaps only mildly so. Note:

1. They taste bad.

2. I can definitely smell them in my perspiration for days or even weeks after taking them. With, say, cubes or hawaians, this is not so.

3. After several times, I cannot even place one in my mouth without beginning to vomit.

The last point is interesting, because it was not this way originally. Apparently my body has learned that there is a problem with them.

(As a side point, it has been suggested that mushrooms have evolved toxins on purpose, specifically to avoid getting eaten! Unlike fruits, mushrooms do not get any reproductive advantage by being eaten.)

Anyway, my immediate question is very simple: has anyone else experienced this, and, if so, have they found that it is significantly less a problem when the stones are dried vs. fresh.

p.s. I make this post under the general principle of "harm reduction." If stones contain relatively toxic alkaloids, then this is a health concern that deserves objective, scientific discussion.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
For me it's the same but also with cubensis. When I started taking higher amounts, I started to dislike the taste more and more. I can also smell shrooms in my sweat the day after...

What works best for me is to make tea from dried shrooms. Add some peppermint tea or similar plus some lemon juice, that really kills the taste by 80%. Even the shroom pieces in the tea get pretty much tasteless after a few minutes.

I never had any stomach problems with shrooms, also no sickness, so I can't comment on that.

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
If u get nausea during a shroomtrip: SMILE!! :D

When smiling extremly wide (for 15-20 secs) the nausea vanishes. I read about this in a swedish forum and believe me it works!!

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
BTW: If I'm not totally wrong the active substance in shrooms isn't toxic since it's alchaloids..

Ebene

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Oct 2006
The taste of stones I will probably never forget, nutty going into a lemon zing that will just clear my apitite for days. I have been avoiding them for some years now. My first trip on them I fainted a few times around 3 hours into the trip. During my trip that really freaked me out, but afterwards I considered it might have had something to do with the heat in my room (tho my friend didn't seem to notice this). I don't know if I will be doing stones again. Normal (well you know normal as in not normal) mushrooms I do every now and then (been 2 years since last time tho, todays the day! :D ) . I can't say I like the taste, but it's almost a ritual for me to eat them just as they are, like you would when walking around the forest picking them. I guess it might sound weird, but it's my way of respecting the mushroom and it's effect on me.

Since stones are sold here in Holland a lot, and I haven't been able to find many negative reports or alike, my guess is that besides the toxicity for the trip, it can't be that bad. Hope more people can share their negative and positive experience on stones

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
I didn't dislike the taste of the stones at all, I actually prefere them to cubensis, if we're talking about the taste of it.

Although I can confirm they tend to nauseate me, but not to the point I want to vomit.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
philosophers are some kind of an alternative for me because I can't order cubensis in summer (ok, I could, but I would receive them as a soup..(because of the heat)).
and I hate nothing more than vomiting. If I had to vomit during a trip, I'm sure it would become a bad trip..
I've never had any other shrooms than philosophers, I'm eager to try the cubensis in winter :)

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Misery, vomiting during a trip feels like something wonderful. I always feel I am getting rid of my reality and can start entering the other realms.

I don't love vomiting, but surely, I don't dislike it in anyway.

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
I agree with DevXavier, vomiting in such case is not that much of a problem. It's not like you are going to vomit for 2 hours because you have a really bad reaction or something. You vomit, you feel better, and everything's better, you're loose of some bad spirits that infiltrated you. But if you know you are going to vomit, I agree that it can be decouraging ;o)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
yep I agree.. vomitting is not fun.. but if u feel it coming.. I just let it come down :p its always a strange confronting on reallity I always think...
it feels so unreal :p

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
I'm a bit of a Sissy too, when it comes to an aching stomach. It was what you'd call a bad trip. But it was a very good lesson learnt. After all, my bad trip was better than my first "good" trip.

It makes a big difference if you don't eat anything for 6 hours before you eat truffles.
I heard ginger helps against nausea. So adding a bit of fresh ginger (alias gin-seng / gemberwortel) to the tea and put it through the blender. Then if you're still feeling sick, you could put the tea through a filter, because the psilocine and psilocybine dissolves in the water after a while. And poor a little more hot water over the filter to make sure all the good stuff comes in your cup.
Just make sure you chop the shrooms very smal, best blend it. Then the psilocine dissolves the easiest in the water.

Another thing of importance is that you don't boil the tea. I'm told 70 degrees celcius is the point where you allready start to loose psilocine.

Next time I'll try it this way and add some chocolate to strengthen the trip a bit, 'cos cacao is a light MAOI. Then I might be able to get the dose I had in mind. Looking forward to it.... :D

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Mushrooms are heavy on the body. No doubt about it. A full psychedelic dose, is a sure thing in getting you run to the toilet a couple of times during the trip (not for vomiting, the other side ;) )

Making tea doesnt really help nausea a lot but it does help a lot in getting everythin in in a reasonable amount of time which can be great if you want to down a full dose but your body doesnt allow you to eat that pile in front of you/

My best trips where in silent darkness, sitting on the pot, emptying my bowels. Stomach hurt, not really, uncomfortable yes a little. But then again, people have different levels of pain and how they experience that. To me, the experience itself completely evens out any body discomfort, I always experience it as a small price to pay.

If you want a clean mushroom trip without ANY physical sideeffects, extraction is the way to go appearently. Especially an everclear extraction. Done this way, a lot of people claim that there is no body discomfort at all.

Personally, I can live with it but I've never ever been nauseus on mushrooms, not even on ridicilously high doses :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
A full psychedelic dose, is a sure thing in getting you run to the toilet a couple of times during the trip (not for vomiting, the other side

Not for me, I never get the shits from nothing. I only benefit from a high dose of shrooms because it actually empties my bowels more easily the day after (usually I'm more having problems with not being able to go to the toilet every day)
I like the thought that I am genetically dependant on shrooms, LOL...

Yummy, this thread is getting disgusting ;)

G

Invité
i think the best way to eat shrooms is to cut them in very, very small pieces with a sharp knife (the smaller, the better). then, put your shroom-powder in a glass with juice (ice tea is good), and drink it all the way, leaving just the empty glass. that way you don't taste the shrooms and the trip will come fast, because the area of the shroom increased (it was cut and will digest faster). :D

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
There's no blenders in Portugal? I feel like I should send you one.

This is my prefered way of eating them too, especially after they're dry, which I hate. Slurping them down in an OJ smoothie is a lot easier than chewing the buggers. I can't comment on the nausea thing, shrooms have always been pretty easy on my stomach. A lot of people fast before any kind of trip but I actually like to go into an acid or shroom trip with at least a little food in my stomach; that might help, I dunno.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
oh there's nothing worse then chewing down those dried mushies
they stick behind your teeth the whole time.. its a lot of work also
best to drink some with it and then chew em :p
I also think they taste worse then fresh mushrooms
I kinda think that eating fresh isnt that bad at all :p its actually fun to do hehe

I agree on heartcore with the tea..
it doesnt really help the nausea much,... it can prevent from throwing up
but u still feel nausea.. and i`d rather throw up and be rid of it then :)
and with the high dose I took I felt no nausea at all..
I did spent quite some time of on the toilet :)

Hyperion1980

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Sept 2006
I had the same problem with the truffles. I eat 6 gram to start and after 2 hours I took another 6 gram to make the trip stronger. It was very awefull to get down the stones and after 5 minutes I vomitted, but I felt much better after that! Anyway it was a wast of money cause my trip didn't get stronger... When I think back on the experience my stomach is already upset, lol!!!

Making tea of it will do the trick!!!

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
I once ate around 20-25 grams of stones. Virtually no nausea.

It depends on the person I guess.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
DevXavier a dit:
I once ate around 20-25 grams of stones. Virtually no nausea.

It depends on the person I guess.

Agreed!

I ate about 10 to 15 grams a few times and felt nothing. Just put them into some vanille vla. ;)

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
I hear a lot of people about bad taste and vomitting. I had these experiences with ayahuasca and peruvianus but never with shrooms. The first thing is that I dry them, the second is when I want to go deep I take a strong species with high psilocybin cause they keep there strenght (P. azurescens or P. semilanceata). When dried, I cut them as small as possible, bake an egg with one egg, spread the mushrooms on it , little salt and pepper. Also chew long less nausea and don't eat for 6 hours(less nausea).
this works for me but guess everyone has it's own way.