Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

peripheral vision

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i am wondering what are your views on that?? i have read about it quite a while ago, however i have been thinking about it lately.
for example it seems to me, there's a difference between turning the head and simply looking with the eyes...
can't explain it very well now... i hope you know what i mean...
it would interest me what the "real psychonauts" think about this. if you ask me, i think the concept of feeling auras is also missunderstood very much. not really sure why, but i read somewhere that seeing auras also has got to do with peripheral vision.

peace

JitteryJack

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Nov 2013
From my experiences with peripheral vision, I know that some people like to play mind games with it, they think the corner of your eye is some sort of trick parlour. Gotta' stay sharp and alert so those sort of bastards can't mindf#@k you.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i agree, man. i think it's ont only about being cool but also probably even more about being nice...

peace

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I find that my vision greatly depends on how open I am to life at a certain moment. If I feel beset, pressured, my vision flickers around, the circle of cognition is very small, my eyes may process peripheral stuff, but I don't register it much at all. if I feel gloomy and tired, my vision corresponds.

on the other hand if I go running or if I am generally happy and relaxed (I find that almost exclusively happens in nature) my vision greatly improves, it is not so contracted anymore, but it expands, to soak in many more details, more peripheral stuff. rather than being fixed on tracing small details, it expands to see greater patterns/gestalts. at the same time as me, the colors come alive :)

what you talk of mindfuckery with peripheral vision I don't understand.