Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

my first cuttling and first problems.

B

blueray88

Invité
Hey guys!

I received my cutting last week and directly planted it by the instructions. When it arrived, it already had big leaves, however they were already black. The roots were also pretty big.
It seemed like the cutting waited for shipping for quite some time. The gel was pretty solid and I could hardly get it out of the tube or rather remove it from the roots.

So I put organic soil with organic fertilizer and turf-free into a glass (didn't have something else to hand), planted the cutting, watered it and put a bag on top.

Now I obviously only have the main stem including roots, because all leaves fell off (as well as me removing the black ones). one week is over and at the center of the main stem two shoots are formed. However it begins to get black on the top, which moves down closer to the bottom daily.
What can that be? Is that normal? Like you can see in the picture, it seems like the upper part gets moldy, does that mean it's not ventilated enough?

I appreciate any fast help.

Thanks in advance
Stephan

Pretzel Logic

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Août 2013
Hello.

I think that you are keeping your salvia in too much humid place.In other words you are probably watering it to much. Make sure that water can get out of your pot. If I were you I would cut the top off if you won't do thit your plant will turn rotten. There is also an possibility you fertilized it to much.

In the future avoid getting shipped salvia try getting it from an friend. I have my 14 plants growing on my balcony,they are putted in a shade and only when the sun is setting they get about 1 hour of light I spray their leaves with water once a day and I water them only when the soil is dry. If you have lot's of light in your bathroom you could also put salvia there. If air humidity is good salvia will grow like crazy.

-Pretzel Logic

Ouroboros

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
Samvia is tricky to harvest, after the second dead plant i've giving up.

I hope you'll be luckier.

Pretzel Logic

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Août 2013
I don't know I have made a lot of cuttings from my salvia plants and not an single one of them turned rotten.I think the couse that your salvia plants are turning rotten is because (most of you) get this plant from mail and the plant probably gets sick because of the travel.

Again try getting this plant from someone you know or buy them in those shamans shops,because the plant is already accustomed to the weather this way.

Ouroboros

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
Mine came from a friend.

Anyway i don't smoke salvia anymore, i just like to grow plant.

Pretzel Logic

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Août 2013
Yep growing plants is a lot of fun. But I still can't put up with those ornamental plants brrrr I hate them.

mim

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Juil 2016
Hi Everyone,

i am new here. had been searching the web for the last 3 month for salvia D life plant/ cutting but most of the supplier wont ship outside US( i live in Southeast Asia). Appreciate if anyone here can help direct me to the supplier or a friend who can ship outside US.

BTW. notice most of the forum only active up to 2015. are there any migration to another forum?

Thanks

yourfriend

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2016
mim . you should look in your area first . there a man in us have a youtube chanel i think he ship them