Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

lucid dreams

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
ever had a lucid dream? i thought it's all nonsense (spiritual new age bullshit) like i was sure i control my dreams anyway - boy was i wrong. after studying the subject (steven laberges books) for a while and doing reality checks in waking state i had my first ever lucid dream and what can i say, it was amazing! it wasn't just a dream in the common sense, it was REAL, i saw everything in front of me like i do now, i could walk, talk, hear, smell, touch and feel. it was unlike every dream i ever had, the term 'second reality' sounds hackneyed but it's true. i still can't figure out how this can be possible. as of right now they believe that all our dreams are drug induced by endogenous tryptamines, those dreams are unconscious normaly and we can't access them even though we have them every night. since dreams are nothing but fragments of daily experiences you can trick your brain into activating your consciousness by doing reality checks, those will pop up in your dream and your brain has to verify it. it's very hard to know you're dreaming because everything seems real but with some easy steps you can figure it out and stay conscious, everything you do thereupon is completely up to you! it's so easy to induce, i don't understand why no one seems to know about it. if you never had one or don't even know what im talking about i can only advise you to read about it (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreaming)! with a little training you're supposed to do whatever you want and there's barely any difference other than it's pretty hard to realize a dream in~This world. nothing ever gave me such an experience.

Samuel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Nov 2005
I had one! It was about 10 years ago, i will ever remember it... It was so real and so cool that I break my alarm clock at morning. I stopped the lucid dream because of this shit. Happy to see somebody who knows the sensation :smirk:

CryingOutLoud

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mai 2005
If you want to have lucid dreams more easily you should try this combo: Valerian, Melatonin and Vitamin B6. I have read it from somewhere. :upsidedown:
It was this page.

Andros

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Sept 2005
Melatonin always gives me really vivid dreams. Good stuff. :snore:

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
He, I just realized I sometimes had dreams like these when I was a kid. At some point I realized that I was dreaming, and it gave me control over what I was doing.
I especially remember that I liked to fly like a bird - it was working in my dreams and I often repeated it. It didn't just happen - first I had to realize I was dreaming, then I knew I could do it.
I also remember that I could have "sequel dreams", meaning that if I liked a dream I could be exactly there where I left of the next night.

Thinking about it I realized that I was having pretty trippy dreams when I was a kid (often pretty frighening as well...)
Maybe some shamanistic heritage? :high:

Samuel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Nov 2005
Yes flying like a bird is a sensation I know too, the dream is really intense you are flying in a current environement. I had that kind of dream but I don't dream like that since many years... :frown:

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
when i was very young i remember having something like that too ... it was so real that i really thought i could fly, i wasn't aware that it was a dream and i sure did not know how to handle it. im doing reality checks every day now, you don't need any substances, with a little training you can cause lucid dream at will. im also not sure if vivid dreams are the same as lucid dreams, i mean ... it felt 100% real, in the moment i got conscious i yelled "FUCK! im dreaming!!!", when i woke up i wasn't in any different state of consciousness. the lucid dream faded out, it got black in front of my eyes, i opened them and i was lying in my bed but i could have sworn i was running around in a room i never saw a minute ago, it was the craziest thing in my life.

cody

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Juil 2005
is it possible to smoke calea in a pipe ?
because making tea out of it tastes really...bad :s

CryingOutLoud

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mai 2005
I believe that you can smoke calea, here are few reviews about it:

22-04-2005
i have to say the same, smoked two smal joints and had som nice effects as i was sleaping and dreaming, and was in a little dreamy mood when i woke up in the morning.

31-03-2004 Posted by: herbman
nice shit..i smoke1g and i have a lucid dream:)

C

charise

Invité
I started reading about lucid dreams a few weeks ago. I have had one since then. (I wasn't trying to...it just happened, when I was trying to impove my dream recall.) I haven't been able to have any more. I think I'm trying too hard now. It was very cool, but I didn't know what to do, so I lost lucidity pretty quickly.. :thumbdown:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I had one the day after my first ayahuasca trip. It's a pretty hard means to an ends, so I wouldn't recommend. But the experience was wild. I could change my form at will, which is something pretty awkward.

Samuel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Nov 2005
I have some Calea but... I have to try again because this shit is so bad to drink that I throw it to the garbage ! Also smoking is bad... I will try on this weekend with 1gr smoking and 5 drinking and after Go to the bed. God it will be desgusting:frown:!!! Calea report on next+

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
i did calea once, the taste is unbearable - smoking wasn't that bad, though. it did not make me lucid but i had strange colorful closed eye visuals. lucid dreaming is the most amazing thing to me ever no god damn drug will create sensations like that. im doing reality checks all day now and im reading tons of books about it to understand what might cause this phenomena. with a little training you're supposed to induce lucid dreams at will so why even try doing it with drugs? it makes no sense.

plantguardian

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Déc 2005
Melatonin always gives me really vivid dreams. Good stuff. :snore:

I've had lucid dreams numerous times... several years ago when I was trying to recall my dreams more clearly and vividly... haven't even tried lately, but they still come occassionally. :grin:

Interestingly, a few years back I started taking Melatonin to kick in the "go to sleep" signal in my head because I tend to ignore tiredness and continue doing whatever I've been doing (reading, surfin' the net, whatever). My roommate started taking it also and found it helped her get a pleasant, relaxing night's sleep also. The main difference was... I've tripped 100s and 100s of times, she never has, but I had no lucid dreams and she on the other hand said it made her have crazy, lucid dreams frequently.
Strange, eh? :think:

I haven't used Melatonin for a few years now, but I highly recommend it for it's ability to induce sleepiness (while NOT making you High) and because it does NOT produce ANY hangover effect whatsoever.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Not really 'on topic', but related.

I had some pre-cognitive dreams: I dreamt it and then the situation would happen in 'real' life a week or a month afterwards. Sometimes I do not even have to be asleep to experience this.
I had a pre-cog dream the day after a shroomtrip about a year ago. I dreamt that I was in love, full blown, with feeling and all in the dream (usually I do not experience a lot of emotions in my dreams, so this time I woke up extatically). I didn't know the girl, but saw how she looked (not detailed, blond hair, clothes she was wearing) and where we were. About two weeks after, I started a relationship with a girl that more or less fitted the description. One month after we were sitting in this cafe and she was wearing the dreamclothes. It all clicked at that instance and I was kinda blown away for an instance.
Funny thing is that when I first dreamt it, I already knew what I would be thinking when it would really happen, what thoughts I would have, what I would say, things like that.
Question: do psychoactives increase the chance/strength of having these kind of dreams?

G

Invité
Thx guys for the vitamin-cocktail advice, will try this, hope it will leads me to something :wink:

Oh, by the way, what did you meant by "reality check" ? I think I can get the hold of the general meaning, but a few precisions would be really welcomed :D

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Reality check = when you encounter some situation (i.e. looking at your hands or your watch, basically anything that is really common in life and in your dreams) you make sure that you are either awake or dreaming.

If you do reality checks in daily life, say you look at your watch then you might wanna look at what time it is, if all the numbers are correct, if there are hands on the clock, etc. If you do this enough, then the hope is that when you look at your watch in a dream, you start thinking along the same line and then you will encounter some discrepancies with daily life: the hands might not be there, you might not be able to see what time it is, the numbers might be incorrect, there might be water in the watch, things like that. These are then hints that you are dreaming, so that you can become aware that you are dreaming.

The key is that you have some situations in daily life that happen a lot in your dreams as well, so that you are reminded to check the reality. If you never wear a watch in your dreams, it is not useful to do this type of reality check.
One other option (this might work, haven't tried) is to have a general dream situation (say that there is a lot of water in your dreams, I mean big flouds), then you might check a couple of times a day wether or not there is a floud: of course there isn't usually, but this reminds you of the fact flouds are unusual, so that when you encounter them in a dream, it might be a serious hint.

After you are conscious of your dream, take it from there...

Aopocetx

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Déc 2005
After reading this post I decided to try something. I took 900mg Valerian, 6mg Melatonin, and 1g Vitamin B-6 before going to sleep. I had the most realistic lucid dream I have ever had. I had all of my senses, could think straight, and could change things at will. I definitely recommend it.

Swoosh

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Déc 2005
tryptonaut a dit:
He, I just realized I sometimes had dreams like these when I was a kid. At some point I realized that I was dreaming, and it gave me control over what I was doing.
I especially remember that I liked to fly like a bird - it was working in my dreams and I often repeated it. It didn't just happen - first I had to realize I was dreaming, then I knew I could do it.
I also remember that I could have "sequel dreams", meaning that if I liked a dream I could be exactly there where I left of the next night.

Thinking about it I realized that I was having pretty trippy dreams when I was a kid (often pretty frighening as well...)
Maybe some shamanistic heritage? :high:

I had same kind of dream few years ago. At first I dreamed normally (I didn't realize that it was a dream) but then I understood that THIS IS DREAM and after that I could control my dream. I didn't get to control my dream very long but long enought that I remember it forever.
Some people here are talking about dreams where they can fly. I saw those also when I was a kid (it's quite normal), but I never understood that I was dreamming and I couldn't control those dreams.
Thing here is that you had to realize that you are dreaming and after that you can control your dream, then it's something special.
In my dream I understood, with help of normal logic, that I am dreaming. I kind of like exposed the dream?

G

Invité
Damnit, I found the B6 Vitamin and some pills that contains Valerian, but they don't seem to sell Melatonin in my country (Switerland)... Anyone french here who could tell me if it is possible to find some in french pharmacy ?