Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
maybe you expected it!! but here is it!! the great karma thread!! :weedman:

what do you think about karma??

i think it's real. but maybe it's not... who knows ??? i think too, that the concept might be wrongly understood by many people. because the differences in the intensity of the karmic resonance. i don't know but maybe you can think of the butterfly effect concept and that effects that might not be locally identifiable, because of the effect in a different place. so if karma was real, consciousness could most probably not recognize it easily, if it were for example too busy by whatever job it had to accomplish.

so for karma it would be quite easy to hide it's effects on the researcher, because of it's ability to draw attention, by other karmic resonances caused in the local field of the researcher. but then the question would be: is karma a conscious entity which manages all the karmas everywhere at the same time???

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I think of karma as chains of events that return to you. If you do something good, chances are high it will keep translating itself into other good things via a cause-consequence system and maybe grow super huge or maybe dissapear who knows...

A bit like an external mindset consisting of events triggered by yourself.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If a person does good he knows hes done good and he smiles , they also acept their lives and are more tolerant with the world and themselves . People that smile get treated much better by other people to . Its like a self strengthening ripple effect .

Budist karma is a rich mans trick to keep the people down and justify their richness . It also implies an instance that weighs up your actions and decides / judges = a god and budists dont believe in god . The dali lyer said that what hippys call karma in their daily lives is not real karma . Karma aplys to what happens to you in this life because of what you did in the last life .

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Meduzz a dit:
I think of karma as chains of events that return to you. If you do something good, chances are high it will keep translating itself into other good things via a cause-consequence system and maybe grow super huge or maybe dissapear who knows...

A bit like an external mindset consisting of events triggered by yourself.

Yes. A bit like many external mindsets consisiting of possibilities of actions that can interfere with the possibilities you choose to create or not to create. So the minds are there all the time, but the minds also change (nearly) all the time and therefore they are prone to the possibilities you choose to create (or not to create) and if the possibiilities you created (or not created) happen to change something in the possibility-field of a mind, then it is possible that the karmic resonance-flow will be directed through the possibility-field of this mind and thererfore making a change in the karmic system by choosing the creation of possiblities.

i hope the text didn't get too abstract :roll: , but if you don't understand something, just ask!! :p

peace :weedman:

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
GOD a dit:
Budist karma is a rich mans trick to keep the people down and justify their richness . It also implies an instance that weighs up your actions and decides / judges = a god and budists dont believe in god . The dali lyer said that what hippys call karma in their daily lives is not real karma . Karma aplys to what happens to you in this life because of what you did in the last life .

Interesting! But I don't get the "instance" you talk about. The person himself uses his own values to feed his karma right?
Myself, I don't know what "real" karma is. I see it as unpredictable determinism. Determinism is right in the big lines, but karma is more powerful cause it implies chance. It's like a huge ship in an ocean with huge waves and all you can do is trying to go in the right direction.

What is your definition of karma?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
It's like a huge ship in an ocean with huge waves and all you can do is trying to go in the right direction.

That would be my allegoric definition of karma.

As i understand it, the instance GOD implies in his text would be some sort of god, but in the same sentence in which he describes it he makes it a paradox by saying budhists don't believe in god, but then it's not really a paradox in the eyes of the beholder if you observe carefully....

peace. :weedman:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Who implies that chance ? Who decides what good or bad is ? Who decides weather your life was good or bad ? Who weighs up all the peoples lives ? There has got to be some univewrsaly aplyable standard , who decides what it is ?

I just decided that my life was good , does that mean that i will be a rich bastard in my next life ?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Who implies that chance ?
Obviously the instance referred to as god.

Who decides what good or bad is ?
You, me, everybody else.... and maybe the instance referred to as god, too??

Who decides what good or bad is ?
Same answer.

Who decides weather your life was good or bad ?
Same answer, but here i'd like to emphasize the "you".

Who weighs up all the peoples lives ?
Obviously the instance referred to as god. Sometimes delusional politicians who think they have to make a war.... (sarcasm/irony 2nd sentence)

There has got to be some univewrsaly aplyable standard , who decides what it is ?
Maybe the instance referred to as god could be a standard ?? But maybe not... To the question to decide what it is my answer would be: it is what it is and the decision of what it is doesn't change what it is, it (the idea of what it is) only changes the "idea of what it is".

I just decided that my life was good , does that mean that i will be a rich bastard in my next life ?
probably that would be a thing only the instance referred to as god could decide... funny thing in this context is: you are GOD!! hahahaha :lol:

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I don't believe karma should be applied on the next life. As for good and evil: they have their roots in evolution.

"I just decided that my life was good , does that mean that i will be a rich bastard in my next life ?"

Would that be a reward?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
@ braineater: Stamping the label "God" on everything you don't know is a very christian thing to do...

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Meduzz a dit:
@ braineater: Stamping the label "God" on everything you don't know is a very christian thing to do...

i know and that's why christians are so stupid... and maybe you want to know the "ironic" thing about it... i think my mother is stupid and she is a christian believer and a religious "TEACHER" for kids in elementary school....
my mother knows a lot about religion, but seen in comparison of what i myself KNOW about GOD to what she KNOWS about GOD is like the comparison of a dragon to a fly.

sad but true.... however i must add that i really love my mother and don't look down too much on her, because of her stupidity....

also i want to add that i don't want to sound arrogant, because i am not...

of course i must say that i don't really know what my mother knows about god, because obviously i can't know everything she knows, but what i know is the things she said in discussions or talkings, so the information i have is extracted of that...

peace. :weedman:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"I don't believe karma should be applied on the next life."

Please clear that with the alibi lama . He said that karma is about what you did in your last life and not about what you do on a day to day basis .

"As for good and evil: they have their roots in evolution."

That isnt a definition of good and evil .

"Would that be a reward?"

Yes . Asak anyone if they would rather be rich or poor . I didnt mean it literaly , i was being a bit sarcastic . We are talking about the difference between a life of unhappyness or a life of happyness . A good one or a bad one .

"religious "TEACHER""

I dont agree with religeous education . Most religeous education teachers are christian and just indoctrinating kids with their poison . I think religeous education should be honest and neutral but that would mean no one would be a christian .

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
GOD a dit:
I dont agree with religeous education . Most religeous education teachers are christian and just indoctrinating kids with their poison . I think religeous education should be honest and neutral but that would mean no one would be a christian .

I agree. But somehow i think my mother is not too bad as a religious teacher in elementary school, in spite of her being christian, because it seems to me that she isn't "indoctrinating the kids". i had the fear of her doing that for some time, and that's why i kept questioning her about her work. :p

peace.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Like Osho said: karma is bullshit. You need to work your ass off to clean all the bad things from your past, meanwhile making more mistakes, generating more karma to be dealt with, making you work even harder, making even more mistakes and so on. You would need too many lives to clear your tab. Just forgetting about karma is the only way to deal with this. Stop feeling guilty and start to live for a change.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
WOW !!! Badwank said something realy good...........

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
He's said a lot of good stuff. I can agree with a lot he has to say.

And he earned a couple of Rolls Royces with it. :lol:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Shit , you beat me to it again . I was going to say that and the bit about blond haired white girls with big advantages to........

The guy was a psychiatrist and just brought new alternative therapys to his worshipers . I think lots of it was very good .....BUT the bit about guilt was dangerous crap . We have a sense of guilt for a reason and just ignoring it and letting the ego take over can cause massive problems . I liked the uniform though...........

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Forkbender a dit:
Like Osho said: karma is bullshit. You need to work your ass off to clean all the bad things from your past, meanwhile making more mistakes, generating more karma to be dealt with, making you work even harder, making even more mistakes and so on. You would need too many lives to clear your tab. Just forgetting about karma is the only way to deal with this. Stop feeling guilty and start to live for a change.

the best possible (rant-)definition for karma!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
He didn't want his followers to ignore it, he wanted them to understand that it's an ego-game and just give it up along with the other ego-games that make you feel good about yourself.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Forkbender a dit:
He didn't want his followers to ignore it, he wanted them to understand that it's an ego-game and just give it up along with the other ego-games that make you feel good about yourself.

of course.... why should he teach something, that he wanted to be ignored by his followers???

peace.