Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

i want to try muhrooms but how do i do this?

• Auteur de la discussion smarty007
  • Date de début
S

smarty007

Invité
I want to buy a strain called Panaeolus cyanescens at www.onlinesmartshop.nl but i dnt know how to use it. Can anybody please help me and tell me what a beginner has to buy for using mushrooms?

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
I won't try Panaeolus cyanescens cause they are more confusing. Better is the cubensis species, especially the mexican strain cause they give a happy and relaxed feeling. normal dose is 30 grams fresh and 3 grams dried but they advise most of the times half a dose. I guess i depends a little on your personality and body weight if you can take more than half a dose. I would advise to take it easy, next time you could try more and you avoid an scary or overwhelming experience, Importent is what they call set and setting. Don't eat a heavy meal 6 hours before you take it and 4 hours before you eat nothing anymore. Best if you are with one or two good friends you trust. Make sure that you won't be interrupt by other persons.

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Jahvisions a dit:
*******.nl is cheaper by the way
yea but with *******, my shrooms are long time underway and when they arrive, they still are eatable but they're only half as potent. best way is to go to a smartshop and drive to holland if it isn't that far.

Yanosh

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Sept 2006
be ok with yourself + don't eat during 5 hours + take between 0.5 and 1 gr of anything dried (exept hawaians) + nice friends in a nice place = nice trip !

"too much is the enemy of enough" as grandma said !! :lol:

have a nice trip I'm beginning mine right here right now youhouuuuuu !

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
yea but with *******, my shrooms are long time underway and when they arrive, they still are eatable but they're only half as potent. best way is to go to a smartshop and drive to holland if it isn't that far.

They wont loose half of their potency and I wonder where you get this number.

Potency can vary, even with the same substrain in different flushes. They will start to loose potency when you dried them and leave them out in the open air. The drying process itself takes away a little potency but this is so small that you wont even notice.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
They sure can loose potency, I think you're overlooking the fact that they are shipped airtight. When they are somehow packed airtight, they should be kept in a fridge or something cold, but they don't do that at the post-office.

But to my knowledge this only happens when your shipment takes a lot of time or around summertime.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I am aware of the airtight shipping, this usually means they have been packed sterile which means, there are no nasties in the package which can degenerate the mushrooms. Sure some potency loss can happen but 50% just seems a very wild guess. 5-10% seems more realistic but on the other hand, how would we test that ;)

Too bad dried mushrooms are still illegal, that would solve a lot of problems.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Fresh mushrooms won't loose potency, unless you get them 6 weeks later and they're completely rotten. If anything, being in an air-tight container will keep them from loosing moisture, therefor, retaining potency.

Like homeboy said, they lose only the tiniest bit of potency when they're dried.

Unless you sampled the same product before it was shipped, I don't see how you can say that they're half as potent. Keeping in mind that it varies between flushes, conditions of growing, etc.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Ok,ok, but when the weather outside is particularly hot, it really gets nasty.
My shipment has spent only three days or so in the post-office(due to me not answering the door), and my mushies were vile, moist and very blue. And that little piece of tissue which they put on the bottom of the freshbox was completely soaked.

So I aint no genius when it comes to biology, but I don't think it will do the mushies any good if it's so moist inside the box.

And about the bluing... I think I once read somewhere that mushrooms get blue because the active component is decomposing, but I could be wrong :lol:

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
They turn blue when you touch them, it's just a bruise, not decomposition. It's nothing bad. I used to care what my mushrooms look like, I'd pick them with tweezers so that they wouldn't turn blue, now I don't particularly give a damn. I just scoop 'em up by the handful. Fuck it. It's one way that people test for the right species when picking them in the wild. Just flick 'em once real hard and see if it turns blue. It pretty much stops doing this after they've been picked.

And Yeah, I can imagine what that little box smells like with old mushrooms that have been sitting in the heat, sweating their asses off. :puke: That's why I was so surprised to learn that these shops send fresh mushrooms all over- seems kinda silly to me.

If I was someone buying fresh shrooms, I would certainly dry them out as soon as I got them.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
VerusDeus a dit:
And about the bluing... I think I once read somewhere that mushrooms get blue because the active component is decomposing, but I could be wrong :lol:

i read that too somewhere, something about that decomposed psilocyn is blue of colour. i know brewmaster is right about the bruising, but that doesn't exclude the theory of mushrooms turning blue due to decomposed active compounds.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
The blueing is only at surface level, if it were psilocybin degrading, it wouldn't be anything suficcient that you need to worry about.

I still don't think this is true though, I mean, how is it "decomposing"? Where is it going? How is touching them and making them turn blue any different from putting them in a blender?

I've eaten shrooms of my own that had been handled too much going from fruiting chamber to drying rack to food dehydrator, and ended up looking blue as a smurf but they weren't any less potent.

I dunno, I'm no expert. :bear: