Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how do you all feel post anti-climax '2012'?

zezt

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
HI, hope you are all doing well. I am wondering how you all are feeling now we are in 2013 and '2012' that much hyped DATE is receeding behind us as we continue on regardless in this strange world?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
hi!!

well i feel like we have been lied to a lot... by some people more and by others less nice. i guess how much you are entangled in more or less nice lie games or dramas or so defines how much you lie yourself. to me this means that there are good and evil and mixed people and also that lying doesn't always necessarily have to be bad. maybe only when it's done with bad or evil intention. i am probably just saying this because in my experience sometimes it can take more than thinking twice to figure out whether people are lying however at other times it's clear at first sight. i would say we should know who we are for ourselves at least mostly!!!... or who we really are??
translated this could mean something like that there are some people that are not real... all of you can find out for yourself what that means... the question is how they are not real... because from a certain perspective it's all real and nothing's real. but i don't know if that's a good of saying that..
anyway... supposedly the world as we knew it ended... so theoretically we are all in one or maybe many new worlds??
maybe it means people are living more or less in their own fair and/or unfair worlds than before. who knows...:smoke:

peace :weed:

sinke

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2013
date was hyped, mostly in mainstream media,as some catastrophic event..that is ignorance, because anyone who gave 20min to research that subject knew that is not the case but only acceptence of other people opinion without questioning..to say that catastrophic event will take place because calendar is ending is like saying on every new year will be the end of the world..everything goes in circle, even calendars (who would say :) )..something happened but are we so arogant to think we can notice everything..now we have opinion, nothing happened, it wasn't doomsday, another fake alarm..but who faked it?why?what did that date really meant to all those different cultures?..think that first we must wake up so we can even try to understand this subject

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
We are all strange lol I was a critic of the 2012 thing, and would expose Icke, McKenna, etc, but....there was still--I could sense--SOME kinda hope in some magical event like major UFO sightings---I dunno. So anyway I went into a downer in January. Not only because of that but 2012 has been a skind of ...date'. it is hard to explain what I mean. Some goal to get TO kind of thing, and when this was past there came this great sense of deflation which highlighted other problems in my life. So yeah, most of january --I already always have post-Christmas Blues anyhow--I was real down

So how do I see things. I am glad we are past that date, and I feel now --the people I communicate with--there is a sense that we HAVE to change things ourselves and not hope for some 'magical 'END'. There are no such things as 'ends' or 'beginnings' but rather dynamic cycles

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
im sad it didn't end :(

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
E N D. there you are :)

sinke

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2013
people always wait for someone to come and save them, and if you are waiting you will wate untill you stop waiting and kick yourself in the butt..that's what happened with that date, people expected so they didn't notice..it is like waiting..stop with both..expecting and waiting..and then we will say good morning to all :) because it was happening before and it still is

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i feel fine, considering NOBODY PREDICTED A MASS EVENT TO OCCUR ON THAT DATE, EVER.

it was simply the end/beginning of a massive cycle, a cycle that is over 5000 years long. when you look at the predictions, they were exactly right, and it's been a long time coming, since the cycle is over 5000 years long... if you look at the past 10-15 years, you will see a massive influx of war, natural disasters, growth of technology (novelty), in fact, the most intense that our society has ever seen. so the predictions were right. if one opens ones eyes to see that nobody predicted a one day shitstorm, then they may look on to the later parts of the prophesies and see how things will begin to play out now.

and to give the true observers a time estimate: if we consider our self smack dab in the middle of this transition, and we observe this effect building roughly 15 years to this point today, then it should be expected that there will be another rough time-frame of about 15 more years of the same: war, natural disasters, growth of technology, etc. i would suppose in an equally waning manner as the events escalated.

individual conflicts will never cease, but i think for the most part, we have much to look forward to as a people.

Lebowski

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Juin 2013
ophiuchus a dit:
i feel fine, considering NOBODY PREDICTED A MASS EVENT TO OCCUR ON THAT DATE, EVER.

it was simply the end/beginning of a massive cycle, a cycle that is over 5000 years long. when you look at the predictions, they were exactly right, and it's been a long time coming, since the cycle is over 5000 years long... if you look at the past 10-15 years, you will see a massive influx of war, natural disasters, growth of technology (novelty), in fact, the most intense that our society has ever seen. so the predictions were right. if one opens ones eyes to see that nobody predicted a one day shitstorm, then they may look on to the later parts of the prophesies and see how things will begin to play out now.

and to give the true observers a time estimate: if we consider our self smack dab in the middle of this transition, and we observe this effect building roughly 15 years to this point today, then it should be expected that there will be another rough time-frame of about 15 more years of the same: war, natural disasters, growth of technology, etc. i would suppose in an equally waning manner as the events escalated.

individual conflicts will never cease, but i think for the most part, we have much to look forward to as a people.
Interesting! Would like to hear more on this

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
sinke a dit:
people always wait for someone to come and save them

This. Just this. Replace it with Nostradamus, the clerics of heyday, the doomsdayers of tomorrow. We all need a reference point around which we matter. What better date to be a part of then Judgment day. But either we're not good enough for it to ever come, or more likely, we're to egotistical about how it comes. Our lives every day should be the reference point. Our intentions, our deeds, our relationships, our trips, our dreams, our world, it should all be enough. And it isn't. And so we will continue to look at tomorrow as a miraculous saving grace that will justify the failures of today. And our future will grow bleaker and bleaker, our hope will shine brighter and brighter and then...

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
so we HAVE to understand this pattern. What does it mean? These people and myths with their dates of 'ends'. Where does this pattern come from? From my learning it comes from solar mythology which of course includes the patriarchy. That creates the sense of 'history' of linear time--alpha and omega, beginning and end. But wait---end always implies beginning. So as I see it the mind controllers always see themselves as the 'masters of time'. This is bragged about in their myths---for example in Babylonian myth there is Marduk who 'defeats' the Great Goddess, Tiamat and then imposes his 'time' onto nature and the universe

We now in the mechanistic myth we are all drilled to believe are governed by the mechanical clock where ? is divided up into hours, minutes, seconds, and microseconds. Howeverrrrrr as soon as many people take a psychedelic suddenly you see through this myth and although you can see movement, and could even watch the ticking second hand on a clock with giggling bemusement, you are also simultaneously experience an eternal sense of reality

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
2012 hype was a lot of nonsense. This hype was pushed by a bunch of charlatans who want to make money selling there fake new age religion I am talking about people like that neurotic writer Daniel Pinchbeck. People who sell you fake spirituality and don t even know what they are talking about. 2012 nothing happend. and when people hold the fake charlatans accounteble for there lying and decieving, they don,t give any reaction back whatsoever. Let 2012 be a reminder do not trust (psychedelic) new age writers (gurus)

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
2012 hype was a lot of nonsense. This hype was pushed by a bunch of charlatans who want to make money selling there fake new age religion I am talking about people like that neurotic writer Daniel Pinchbeck. People who sell you fake spirituality and don t even know what they are talking about. 2012 nothing happend. and when people hold the fake charlatans accounteble for there lying and decieving, they don,t give any reaction back whatsoever. Let 2012 be a reminder do not trust (psychedelic) new age writers (gurus)

XuXa

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Jan 2014
it was never the end of the world, it was the start of a new era, the thing is the mayan calander is actually 3 immense cogs that work together to tell time. in reality it is not possible to have 3 so they had the final one as a massive line and at the end of it, you just place the rest back at the begining

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
This whole (e)scatological idea about 2012 has nothing to do with the Mayan calendar. It,s pseudoscience, new age nonsense sold to you a bunch of filthy charlatans. They used the Mayan calendar to make there own (e)scatological nonsense about 2012 seem more legit.
We should not listen to those new age charlatans and the psychedelic community needs to stop giving these people a stage. We should confront people like Pinchbeck with the lies they have told. We do not need this Bullshit.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
it,s 2014 now and the 2012 myth turned out to be nonsense.
Another idea that is still going is the idea of transhumanism and the idea of a singularity.
These ideas are about projecting some utopian world into future. For example the idea that artificial intelligence is going to take over the world. Or that humans are going to download themselves into a cyberspace. The idea that we are all going to live in a global village or that the human race is going to conquer the stars (space). People like Bruce Damer talk about these kinds of ideas. Terence Mckenna Talked about it.
My personal opinion about these kinds of ideas is that it belongs in science fiction and has nothing to do with reality.
It,s all speculation.
I do not believe that human beings are special in any way. I think humans are what they are aggressive hairless apes.
Humans may think they are smarter or more special then other animals. They call themselves Homo sapiens (wise man). I think a species that call themselves wise are overestimating themselves and suffer from a big ego. yes we have computers and cars and rockets, so what?

I think human beings should as a species be more humble. We are the childeren of mother earth (and the universe) we are part of nature. The other animals and plants are our brothers and sisters. We should not destroy nature or mother earth in pursuit of some (transhumanistic/singularitarian) utopian future.
I think we should stop talking and speculating about the future so much and focus on the here and now.

this is how i feel about it.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
according to a good hip hop song i heard: "...2012 was 5 years ago, you based your calendar on a roman bible..."
i would say it's something to possibly not take into account exclusively so to say, because the brain aspect says how or what or who or why etc etc??? i don't really know.

peace

Bradleywhites

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2014
i have to listen it as have not heard the song while catching up with the introductory lines it is seeming pretty interesting

hiab-x

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Jan 2014
Hi, I've thought about this a fair amount. I didn't think it was going to happen, looking at the months leading up to it. Intuition played its part to a certain degree, also observation of world events both in terms of what has been described as 'novelty' , be that technological or historical. I think had Mckenna lived on into the year 2012, he may have felt the same or re-examined his projections. I'd be inclined to say that he had the right idea, but his math was off slightly. Culturally, we have replaced apocalyptic doomsday scenarios for 2012 with Kurzweil's 'Singularity theory'. It seems to me, listening to TMK, that his ideas had moments of veering into the later. I'd therefore propose, that both minds are talking about the same future event. In cosmological scales, McKenna and Kurzweil's ideas are probably less than a second apart from each other. We need to remember that in the realm of prediction, there are so many possible variables that can affect outcome. Look at the weather forecast if you want to examine the evidence of that statement. Something is approaching, we call it the future and it will probably be stranger than we can suppose.

Demahdi

Banni
Inscrit
23 Avr 2014
hiab-x a dit:
Hi, I've thought about this a fair amount. I didn't think it was going to happen, looking at the months leading up to it. Intuition played its part to a certain degree, also observation of world events both in terms of what has been described as 'novelty' , be that technological or historical. I think had Mckenna lived on into the year 2012, he may have felt the same or re-examined his projections. I'd be inclined to say that he had the right idea, but his math was off slightly. Culturally, we have replaced apocalyptic doomsday scenarios for 2012 with Kurzweil's 'Singularity theory'. It seems to me, listening to TMK, that his ideas had moments of veering into the later. I'd therefore propose, that both minds are talking about the same future event. In cosmological scales, McKenna and Kurzweil's ideas are probably less than a second apart from each other. We need to remember that in the realm of prediction, there are so many possible variables that can affect outcome. Look at the weather forecast if you want to examine the evidence of that statement. Something is approaching, we call it the future and it will probably be stranger than we can suppose.

I strongly share your thoughts on this. And Terence didn't know about the end date of the Mayan Calendar until AFTER his novelty theory peaked into infinity 12/2012. But to be honest, you had to address his novelty theory with a huge ammount of wishful thinking. Nevertheless, I find him the greatest psychedelic explorer in the field. I wish he still lived today.

A lot has changed, we just don't see it as visual because we live in it. We go along with it and adapt just fine because our cities are our enviroment and we have supplies. But saying nothing happened is wrong to me.
Look how "awakened" we are. Look how many dots that got connected simply by the numbers 21 12 2012. Connecting those dots had quite an impact on information sharing... To me, the 2012 hype wasn't bullshit at all, a lot has happened and we are living in a new erra moving on with our new updated consiousness. Time has speeded up! A lot more is happening in a shorter ammount of time = speeding up.