Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

freedom and choice

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
in the movie "the matrix", in the scene where neo meets the architect, neo gets the idea and tells the architect that the
problem is choice. what you think of that??? is it an allusion to how stupid people are???

peace

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
My answer would be a bit different if I wasn't constrained by the parameters of the movie, but the way I took it was that any system setup without the power of true choice would fail. Create a utopia (garden of eden) - fail. Create a world with just basic cause and effect - fail. But create a world where everyone has an impact, and the human mind accepts it, implying if anything, that we are innately used to free will. Even the architect (the creator of the system as a whole), is bound to offer choices. Maybe the real message would be the one that those who can go beyond the choices available (survive when you're supposed to die, break the boundaries of time and space, etc) you can be the ONE. That's all fine and well for the movie, and although many of us can fly with our eyes closed, for the time being I'm not saying your life purpose should be to fly.

All that being said, I don't think people are stupid as a whole. If I had to choose on attribute, it would most likely be between the crossroads of fear and yearning.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well, but as far as i can see, the point seems to be, that it's all (the?) one anyway. the real question is: are we aware of that?
or are we just lying to ourselves, telling ourselves we see it as a one, while in reality we still see ourselves as separate?
i tell you, some people are like contradictions in themselves.
if i would have to make a conclusion or so, i would say it's all a matter of perspective. the question then would be: is perspective
a matter of choice??? and then i would say, maybe yes and maybe no, with the hope that you would finally use your own brain. 8)

peace

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Well again, the context of the movie sets up different guidelines. In reality I would say that everything has the same oneness to it.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
hmm i would rather say it's the same oneness, but also not the same oneness...maybe in a inconceivable way.
it could be, that it's also about split personality... because it seems to me almost everyone has one... lol...
some just can hide it better or so...concerning guidelines i would tend to say it's more like rules of a computer system.. etc etc
but then again it's surely a matter of interpretation or definition, what these words or even concepts mean for you.
maybe some things are more than we may perceive them as.... :) :)

peace