Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

first timer psychedelics

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
due to lack of "general" forum i guess ill post this here.

I have never had a trip, only do hash (pure) and did small doses of N2O. I have been reading about psychedelics for about 2 years so i guess im prepared..
I am just wondering what you guys think would be the best psychedelic to start with.. I have salvia and DMT (yopo), but i dont think i will take em on my first trip :p I think ill be starting with mushrooms, but perhaps you have another advice?
and then: how much? Do you think the first time could/should be a deep trip or should it be a small dose to 'get to know the feeling'?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I truly advise you to take a regulare dose of shrooms. You don't know how sensitive you are to these substances yet, so it's better to be safe about it. I guess you'll have to find out over time what the right dose for you is. Mushrooms are the good way to start after hash or weed imo, because you don't get thrown into feelings that are absolutely unknown to you, although they're probably a bit stronger :wink: Take 'em when you think you are ready and do it together with someone you know (preferably someone with experience). Make sure there is a sitter or at least an experienced co-user, who can make sure you are doing fine. You probably know what to expect by reading a lot of reports, but in reality it's always different. Go at it and post a report. Good luck!

G

Invité
No man, Shrooms are the gateway to psychedelics ;)

The best would be to begin with half a box and maybe eat more after 2 or 3 hours if you think you can handle more.

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Oeps, made some new forums, forgot the settings. Its all correct now, no guest post any more. Ofcourse you are all welcome but please register, then you can post all you want !

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
IMO you could also start with a low dose of LSD (that was my first and it was fine!) but then you'd have to get across some and have friends who had used the same trips before so they would know the approximate strength.

The most important thing I think is to start with a really low dose, be it mushrooms or LSD. What I did was to take the advice of all my experienced friends, then start with half of the lowest dose someone told me ;)
That was 1/8 of a "Simpsons" paper trip (back in '95) - I could hardly cut the paper in such a small piece, LOL. Of course I hardly felt anything (I think in addition to weed it worked a tiny bit) but it was a very safe start and re-assured me pretty much.

With shrooms, well, do the same.
A friend of mine snapped out on his first shroom trip back in '96 - it was only one gram dried shrooms in addition to higher amounts of good weed. I took the same amount that evening and it was my first frightening trip as well - our mistake was nobody knew how strong these shrooms were plus we were both people who shouldn't be smoking weed when tripping.
In retrospective I think without us smoking weed that evening we would have both had a nice medium-strong trip (I am very sure in my case!)

So, be careful with the ganja - people react differently to it while tripping (and it doesn't matter if you love it when you're not tripping, my friend did love it as well before his bad experience...)

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
I would also recommend shrooms, they tend to be pretty "friendly", especially with conservative doses. 1 - 1,5 grams of dried P. Cubensis is what I consider to be a good way to start experimenting. And as long as set and setting are fine, everything should go smoothly.

And again, the most important thing to remember is the advice found on the cover of The Hitchhicker's Guide To The Galaxy; DON'T PANIC. 8)

Everything you experience originates from your own psyche and you have the power to affect the trip. And eventually the trip will end. So as long as you are in a comfortable enviroment, chances are pretty good that you're in for a time of your life.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Everything you experience originates from your own psyche and you have the power to affect the trip.

The setting plays a big role here: if you're at home with good friends you can handle it, but maybe not somewhere in a park where suddenly strangers turn up etc. ...
If you have a frightening trip, you need a really reassuring environment like your own home with only your best friends around.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
yep all these things are pretty much true
when I first took shrooms it were the mexican.. the lowest strength they had
they had mexican gold and normal mexicans... they always varied in strength but I took the weakest... tahts 35 grams of fresh..
ate half of that box...
and I had a great omg omg never a bad moment experience for atleast 6 hours
and I didnt even know what shrooms would do back then:p
the shrooms kinda came to me hehe
so from my experience I say take half of 35 grams mexican..
and with a co tripper or experienced person I say it will be allright
I myself prefer a co tripper cause he mostly goes thru the same thing as u are and its easyer to explain all to him that you are seeing :d
cause in your excitement u prolly wanna talk so much about what ur seeing.. or not ofcorse ..
but in my case the first time I did
if I have a none tripper with me.. good friend or not.. I find it hard to let myself completely go with the flow...

and Remember : DONT WANT IT TO STOP.. cause that won't work.. and u`ll go bad for sure

G

Invité
Yeah good tip: never resist, because if you start to resist, then It will get worse.
(never experienced this myself though, 'cause I never had a bad trip...)

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
thanks for all the tips but its getting off topic hehe ;)

i know about the right setting + set and everything, this topic was more about what you think is the best psychedelic for a first trip.

my first will be homegrown shrooms ^^

G

Invité
Nice, it's allways good to have shrooms that are personally taken care of and had a lot of love :thumbsup:

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
good luck :)
and good choice :)

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
If your are goin to try go for the head.Mass of people try shrooms including people on the forum.My advice if you have more then 17 years take whole box for hard trip.This is the most beautiful moment wich you whant forget.Why so many-little will give you little sight on that world and Its like you are going to have first sex and you from couple of reasons did not enjoy totaly so loose cherry HARD 8)

Toxica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Déc 2005
If you have already smoked hash, I think, it's time to try some psychodelics, but not very strong. Shrooms are the best choice.
But I tried salvia and DON first, then LSD, and still haven't tried shrooms =(
Dissociatives were in fact my first psychonautic drugs (DXM), it's amazing.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
If your are goin to try go for the head.Mass of people try shrooms including people on the forum.My advice if you have more then 17 years take whole box for hard trip.This is the most beautiful moment wich you whant forget.Why so many-little will give you little sight on that world and Its like you are going to have first sex and you from couple of reasons did not enjoy totaly so loose cherry HARD 8)

There's plenty of time left to trip hard later, so just take it easy. You don't want to be scared of psychedelics for life.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Forkbender a dit:
Goran.Hrsak a dit:

There's plenty of time left to trip hard later, so just take it easy. You don't want to be scared of psychedelics for life.

When shroom is in question, 10shrooms is the best for begginers.Ecstasy,religius XP is garanted.But it is important to have expirienced sober with you or you can take the long road as you recomend. 8)

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Shrooms are a great way of exploring the world of psychedelics for the first time. I must say, make sure you have enough shrooms. The first time my girlfriend tipped on half a dose of shrooms, but that wasn't really enough because she was just getting to really trip and then it was allready over.

My advise, first take half a dose, everything is fine? Take another half a dose and you'll have the time of your life.

Btw imo cacti are also a cool 1st timer, allthough it might be a little more of a "life-changing experiance". But then again, I like to trip hard 8)

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
Ecstasy,religius XP is garanted

What do you mean, guaranteed? You really shouldn't go around making promises how people's trips will turn out, that's really irresponsible!

Yes, there are "generailities" in some trips, but that certainly doesn't mean that each person will have the same kind of first trip with the same dose of shrooms. And by telling that they will, you make way for confusion and accidents.

Please people, let's be careful with disinformation.