Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

fermions and bosons

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
Do you think this solar system is fermion or boson?

How far apart is boson/fermion -------- fermion/boson from each other ? light years? or speed years? or bright years apart?

I would like to see our opposite spinning solar system.

OTHERWISE WERE ALL ALONE :crybaby: OR WERE THE DOMINATE RACE :finger:

How many variations could there be?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
a boson.
or maybe a fermion...

there can only be one fermion in the same state at once! Making that fermion completely unique.

Bosons can do anything they want :p

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
This is still kinda a so called work in progress but looking at quantum mechanics and the videos I'm viewing at present doesn't it make you wonder if the earth is an electron?.

If so that would mean space has a defined shape in fact I'm starting to think it's an orbital.

If earth is an electron- space is an orbital.

If earth is an electron the sun is a, energy source then a rainbow is a spectrum of what orbital we are in.

Must be a low one I think D-orbital.

Funny stuff. :drinkers:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Here's a great comparison:
The electron orbits around the nucleus of an atom 10^14 times per second.
The earth orbits around the sun at 1 time per 365 days.

That is one huge difference!
But you are right - the forces that pull the earth towards the sun, and the forces that pull the electron towards the proton are very similar an both actually are the same type of equation:
K/r^2

Where the constant K for the electromagnetic force is huge, and the constant K for gravitation is TINY

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
The earth is inside a s-orbital, Think electron we are inside the perimeter of a electron.

Outside of that s-orbital is a d-orbital. Call it advanced space.

The s-orbital or electron that we inhabit or live in, swings inside the d-orbital from one side to the next,
Back to the center then up and down. which explains TIME. A curve.

wHY IS THE d-orbital important cause were Fermions, were inside the electron.

Bosons are not fixed they are free and can jump or hibernate, sleep any were they want as long as they stay in the d-orbital.

wE USE THE P-ORBITAL TO GET out of the electron into advanced space and hope a boson planet takes the bait, guessing Lasers. :mrgreen:

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
isnt the existence of boson's yet to be proved?

i know people can prove their effect but not their existence.

effect doesnt prove existence

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
quantum mechanists and string theorists are a tiny majority, unable to prove too much but get a shit load of funding.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
well i can understand that i mean other than string theory what else is there out there to describe time and space?

Inscrit
8 Mai 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
attempts are being made to confirm the existence of the particle by experimentation, using the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN and the Tevatron at Fermilab. Other theories exist that do not anticipate the Higgs boson, described elsewhere as the Higgsless model.
If you think quantum mechanics is "unable to prove too much" you should either educate yourself, or educate the rest of the world. Historical data shows that ingesting copious amounts of THC decreases the likelihood of doing either of those things.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
you educate YOURSELF lol

i was just asking cuz i read it in A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Please Stop It Now a dit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
attempts are being made to confirm the existence of the particle by experimentation, using the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN and the Tevatron at Fermilab. Other theories exist that do not anticipate the Higgs boson, described elsewhere as the Higgsless model.
If you think quantum mechanics is "unable to prove too much" you should either educate yourself, or educate the rest of the world. Historical data shows that ingesting copious amounts of THC decreases the likelihood of doing either of those things.

What the fuck kind of stereo type is that? I don't smoke weed and I haven't on a regular basis for the past 5 years. I just finished a class in quantum mechanics and I know what the fuck quantem mechanics is. It's great if for explaining shit that already was discovered, but it sure as hell has done little in application.

Well, I won't go that far, lasers and diodes are based on quantum mechanical principles, but were discovered and used before fully understood. Do you think they are going to find a higgs boson? No. I don't. Because its a bunch of fucking specialized nerds that have very little grasp on concepts larger than those that can fit on 8x12''. Sure their mathematical skills are wonderfully talent, but as far as I'm concerned they are all savants. Great in mathematical tendencies - semi-retarded in alot of conceptualization.

Thats a bit harsh and exaggerated but you get my drift. Quantum mechanics - sure it can be used. String theory? HAH.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
yea that was a pretty subjective opinion on thc

what makes you laugh at string theory ijc?
i'd love to hear your alternative to it

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Do I have an alternative to string theory? No.

The book "The Trouble With Physics" is the best resource for this. It really shows how string theory originated, but how ridiculous it has become.

In short string theory is so prevelant and so promising because the way it is done in mathematics is such a way as to explain anything. They add new dimensions in order to over come observations, and when new math is invented or discovered, they can take away a dimension or two, but then when they realize that something they came up with mathematically actually disagrees with reality, they just add more dimensions. It's really funny how it is still alive at all. I'm sure it has some kind of meaning, some underlying meaning that these mathematicians are missing, but the theory they have currently is a bunch of nerds, literally specialized in only maximizing equations, trying to make an equation fit reality.

Then they came up with M-theory, which is more like "wow we're not getting anywhere theory" which basically says that with string theory, all you do is create theories that can describe anything, rather than our reality. These equations describe any reality, not just our own. Also what it shows is that our reality has an infinite amount of explanations.

1 of two things is going on:
Either string theory has found that reality can never be understood
OR
They have completely failed at the application of mathematics.

To me it is just trying to find something that works, rather than understanding it. Hell if I know anything abotu quantum gravity, and to be honest, I really don't ever want to know. Its useless information, trying to drive my 'magination. I can't get no. A-no no no.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
M-theory is that like GUTs (grand unification theorys)
which seems like it can really benefit us theoretically but will be pointless at the application stage.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
well let me give an example of what M theory says, in a very, very simplistic manner;

If you've taken algebra you know this is a bad equation:

y=x

Well, x can be anything and so can y.

Then you get into multivariable:
x=yz

Hmm... Even more infinities!

x=yzrbnemufneh

This is extremely simplified but that basically is what M-theory says lol. You have 11 dimensions (x->h) and you can plug in so many of them. Of course our universe fits in this equation somehow but so does every other type of universe. So instead of saying "well shit, we really aren't solving anything in particular - lets scrap it" they said "Wow. we have an arbitrary equation that solves every possible universe."

Perhaps I am too cynical, and M-Theory is a blatant display of the fractal nature of reality, but I don't think so. I think it is just an equation that is completely arbitrary and has no real meaning.

*But I am no mathematician, and don't want to be.*