Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

extraction method SP cactus questions

7r5

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Déc 2013
-how accurate is this tutorial?:

SanPedro Cactus Powder - YouTube

-is it possible to go on a spiritual journey after boiling, scraping and eating the paste?

-is there no mescaline in the white center core?

Monad

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
It's a good tutorial, but you can easily take the waxy skin off even when the cactus is fresh!

Yes!

There is some tiny amount, but I wouldnt bother with it!

7r5

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Déc 2013
great, looking forward to it!

does anyone know what part of the cactus (top/ center) contains the most mescaline?

Monad

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
The green layer!

If you have lots of material, you can just use that one... I do that when I eat it raw.

Jay_teat_rock

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Déc 2013
I have found tips or the top seem to always yowl a good batch. But not for sure on the subject. But I do know keeping your cacti in a dark place for a week or two help build up mescaline. Good luck:)

siredmundmudmonkey

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
5 Avr 2014
I've been experimenting with the San Pedro Cactus for the last two weeks, and have yet to have a significant experience. Last week I began by preparing a pound of fresh cactus, and today (one week later) I tried a pound and a half. I'm afraid to escalate further without understanding why there seems to be a lack of results.

I've linked to a picture of my cactus which came from sandmancactus.com. It's a thicker cactus, approximately 6" in diameter. The two 12" cuttings I received weighed in at 9 lbs total. Due to it being unusually thick, I went by weight rather than the common 12" cutting suggestion. A pound and a half was only about a 6-7" section of cactus. On the first attempt I blended the entire cactus. On the second I cut out only the very core, leaving all green matter in tact, even the skin. I blended it with water, and then gently boiled it for 4 hours, then strained through cotton fabric. Each time I've had sensations of warmness and a cozy sense of calmness, but nothing close to what I had anticipated. I'm wondering if my cactus may be less potent, or that going by weight versus length was the wrong choice? One other variable that I should share is that I have taken an SRI called Lexapro for several years and I understand that it can impact San Pedro. I weaned off and then fully discontinued Lexapro 9 days ago and judging by the half life, I feel it should be entirely out of my body, but I'm wondering if it's possible there's a lingering interference with my receptors. Thoughts gentlemen?

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
siredmundmudmonkey a dit:
I've been experimenting with the San Pedro Cactus for the last two weeks, and have yet to have a significant experience. Last week I began by preparing a pound of fresh cactus, and today (one week later) I tried a pound and a half. I'm afraid to escalate further without understanding why there seems to be a lack of results.

While I'm no expert, a couple of thoughts. First, I would say freeze your next batch for a day or two. It makes the skin a lot easier to peal off, plus it breaks down the chemical compounds. Second, I would be careful about the cooking process. Mescaline is sensitive to temperature so you shouldn't really let it boil. It's more of a simmer process (either use less water or have to cook for longer). Finally, there has been some anecdotal evidence about citric acid helping with the extraction process so add some lemon or lime juice into the cook.

Good luck.