Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

effects of sound on body/psyche

Hoffmansdream

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Nov 2009
I like how you toss the ball in the air...

Beeing quite into music, I've been interested in how sound affects your body (of course it affects your psyche but everybody in a different way, nevertheless...won't go into the details right now)
Anyway, beeing pretty close to the experimental music scene, some people like to play with that. A few years ago, I was at an Infrabass "concert" (consisting in a guy with a machine and a big subbass speaker). The guy was starting pretty low (10hz or so, and gradually going up. The thing was really LOUD, but you couldn't hear anything (at least in the beginning). Sounds weird if you haven't experienced it, but it's more of a body impression. Your whole body is vibrating, making you feel slightly nauseous, and pretty out of it. A very physical experience. Same for high frequencies but, it hurts.
Then, as usual some use it for good, or for worse... : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I had a trip on San Pedro last December where any kind of music felt like a violation of my mind. That was a really new experience for me - every given beat or sound from the outside felt like indoctrination.

Usually my psyche needs good music once in a while, otherwise I'd go crazy.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
music/sound is vibes. the mind is vibes. the brains' seas and lakes share a special affinity to both of either and display their affection with/in the gentle waves that flow in at the shores....

is it all just vibes?? string theory says yes!!

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Sounds below 20 hertz have a notable effect on the body, There's also the theory about different frequencys being helpfull for the body but I think I outlined on a standard PC it would make no difference as we are locked to 44/48 000 hz playback in a previous post.

Bhuddist monks hum medative noises / chants to help their concentration when meditating or creating mandalas.

So it must have some effect :D

Hoffmansdream

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Nov 2009
Rona Fried and Leonard Berkowitz from NYU made an experiment on students.

On student would listen to a piece judged to be soothing (Mendelssohn, opus 19, n°1), another to a piece judged to be stimulant (Duke's one a clock jump), and the last one a piece judged to be tense (meditations by John Coltrane).
After the audition, when the student would be heading home, the experimenter would ask for a favour(help out with an assignment ordered by someone from the U...).

With the absence of music, 60% would give a hand. After the Mendelssohn piece, 90% would consent. The stimulant piece didn't bring any noticeable improvment, while the tense piece would make the number of students ready to help drop to 15%.
Moreover, one knows that positive mood activated by external stimuli, favorises a social assistance, while negative mood doesn't.

Conclusion : music affects your mood, mood affects your choices. Music can reinforce social relationships.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
so i found these and i had the impression there was indeed a noticeable effect... :D

[youtube]22lbvdizaFU[/youtube]

[youtube]7eOuV0GSTJw[/youtube]

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
google idoser...

sound frequencies ment to induce certian brain wave patturn to mimic certian drugs.
quite easy to find a torrent with all of them, plus the idoser program.

EDIT: omfg i wana listin to that second one in headphones on a loop the entier time during my next trip! hahahahaa

shits so nice!

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
maybe it is the brain mimicking the drug. frequencies that are to be synchronized generally are enabled to do so by vibrational, harmonic resonance which supposedly provides the necessary information-exchange-flow. so what is there to say??
tune on, tune in and... drop out!!! :lol: :lol: :D :D

peace :weedman:

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
lol i dont think that QUITE how the saying went.

i wasnt around for 1968 but.. :p

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I have often had greater visions and experiences from music than possible on any psychoactive.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Every specific frequence of sound waves (even if unheard) affect one's contraction both physically and mentally.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
yeah... and also specific imagery or videos are supposed to be having a influence on the brain hemispheres synchronicity/synchronisation. light is vibration, like sound... it just vibrates much faster. so it might seem obvious,
that you'd achieve most effects by using as many frequency modulation systems of the brain as possible for synching the hemispheres or altering frequencies.

so if you guys want i can gather more of these videos and put them together in a post and tell you all i know about until now.
many of them are supposedly from semi-old times, composed and chanted by monks for purposes of healing, prayer, etc.
apart of that i found lots of other (self-)healing material that may be useful, but i might redirect a reference to a new thread from here and open a new one. i'll see later... 8)

peace :weedman: