Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

"dream like" drugs

BirdGame87

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Avr 2008
I recently read a post where users stated how 'dream like' a particular drug is.

I agree with the statements, and find great euphoria and enlightenment in doing such substances.

On the other hand, I have to say that no drug can compare to dreams. As a self-defined psychonaut, I think that the state of being found in the dream world is significantly more profound than that of any of the various drugs I've done.

The experiences I get from lucid dreaming trump any drug I've done, including my favorite psychedelics. During a dream the other week, I walked straight through a wall. I flew in another. I experienced death (or at least my dreaming mind's interpretation of it) in another.

Does anybody else have any dream experiences that had deep impacts on your spirituality?

Devo

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Mar 2008
i disagree mescaline LSD-25 dmt or any other substance could produce the same feelings and state of being.every mind is unique so the effects would differ but fuck it to each his own

G

Invité
To my experience, I consider DXM to produce the most "dream like" sensation...

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Agreed. That goes for PCP, Ketamine and other dissociatives as well.

GHB can cause strong dream-like states as well if one is knocked off with a dose above euphoria. There IS actually a safe dose that produces a half or full coma state without any danger or fear. Sexual dreams are not uncommon in this state. As well as fantasing an universal diminsion with moderated visuals.

Devo

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Mar 2008
dxm seems to keep the mind awake while the body rests which makes it a nice dissaciotive

G

Invité
Devo a dit:
dxm seems to keep the mind awake while the body rests which makes it a nice dissaciotive

I totally agree, you can't do shit on a 3rd plateau trip (ie anything related to standing up), but you surely won't fall asleep !

WetStaples

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2007
I agree with DXM.

I've read about antihistamines (like diphenhydramine) that are deliriants at high doses, and it's pretty much like dreaming apparently.

Never done DMT, but as I understand it, your brain produces it when you're sleeping/dreaming, so maybe they're related somehow?

robhR

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Fev 2008
I also agree with DXM.

I might be confused, but if diphenhydramine is the stuff in gravol, it's a fucking nightmare. Not recommended.

[edit: Oh, wiki'd it. Turns out I am confused. Appearently it's not a deleriant though, it's a sedative and hypnotic. It might be a bit like Ambien then, which, if you can stay awake for the trippy part of it, produces a pretty dream-like "trip" in terms of the mindset, but nothing particularly crazy happens. Reading further though, this one does sound like it can get a little crazy. Now I'm curious.]

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
How about Calea zacatechichi?
It’s a psychoactive that potentates dreams.
Best of both worlds.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I've never done any disociative. The most dream like was calea smoked in a joint and not going to sleep. It just makes me stare at objects with a kind of relaxed, fuzzy mind... Not very interesting. To get good effects from calea you should go to bed as soon as possible after use.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
You are all saying that dream like state produce ether dissociative (NMDA antagonist) or inhibitors of acetycoline. Dream state for me produce High Opiate dose drug! You can easily fall in dream line state. Highly unrecommended cause you can OD yourself or build addiction :wink:

G

Invité
calea zacatechichi produces crazy, vivid dreams, that you are able to remember after waking up. it is very bitter (the smoke - haven't tried the tea and never will), but it is worth it. roll a joint with tobacco/calea, it does not give a high, just a little perceptual change, but when you go to sleep......BANG!
(paying hommage to HSThompson)

i also agree with goran. opiates can give you a dreamy state at high quantities, and i have had nice visuals with them, i clearly remember seeing a wolf singing.

but, IMHO, nothing is more dreamy than smoking a fatty in the morning, just after a big breakfast and nothing to do later. or smoking it when you are REALLY tired and lying on the couch gazing at the clouds.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Munching a good chunk of hash, about 3 hours later in a darm room it feels very "dreamlike" to me, especially with the distortions and visuals.. and slipping in and out of different states of awareness..

WetStaples

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2007
robhR a dit:
I also agree with DXM.

I might be confused, but if diphenhydramine is the stuff in gravol, it's a fucking nightmare. Not recommended.

[edit: Oh, wiki'd it. Turns out I am confused. Appearently it's not a deleriant though, it's a sedative and hypnotic. It might be a bit like Ambien then, which, if you can stay awake for the trippy part of it, produces a pretty dream-like "trip" in terms of the mindset, but nothing particularly crazy happens. Reading further though, this one does sound like it can get a little crazy. Now I'm curious.]
It's either diphenhydramine or dimenhydrinate that's in Gravol (also Benadryl). (The difference is that one is the same drug with some sort of stimulant to try and keep you awake). Either way, it's the same thing and you're not confused.

I haven't tried it because of the multitude of bad trip reports. I'm too content with my psychedelics at the moment, anyway. :D

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Not to give idea's, but nightshades are well known for causing effects that make users act with no responsibility because they're surely convinced that they'll wake up in their bed when it's over.

I can't imagine what it feels like, but a treshold dose of a brug made me fusty.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Beetje muf en duf gevoel. Lichtelijke slaapdronken. Maar tegelijkertijd geestelijk aanwezig. Dit waren 2 likken van een kelk.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
n the other hand, I have to say that no drug can compare to dreams. As a self-defined psychonaut, I think that the state of being found in the dream world is significantly more profound than that of any of the various drugs I've done. [/quote[

I have experience with both and my comment would be:

'up the dose'

;)

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Brugmansia a dit:
Beetje muf en duf gevoel. Lichtelijke slaapdronken. Maar tegelijkertijd geestelijk aanwezig. Dit waren 2 likken van een kelk.

cheers.

is this trip-report somewhere on the forum here?

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Diphenhydramine or dimenhydrinate are very similar like medicament biperden(Akineton) when you use it in bigger amounts. And Akineton(Parkinson disease) produce effect like Nightshade, Dedra, Hayyim's niger. This is acting way of dimenhydrinate! In bigger amount he work as parasympathetic antagonists. Blocking acetycoline departure from nerve cells which finally affects bigger amount of dopamine in synaptic hole. And of course hallucinations which are mainly "bad" or like "nightmare in real life". Many people doesn't love this, just in contrary, they hate it! But Datura (especially), Mandragora, Nightshade, Hyosciamus niger can be very useful and they are for people with certain "religion" essential! You all should try Datura in countryside with sober person! Datura and other similar plants can awake bigger parts of your sub consequence, dreams, something what is bothering you but you can not explain it!

Peace
Light
Bless